Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheelers 3 leaf pack.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #21
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a set!!

I can't wait to get them! My plan of attack is to install them with the 5100's in the rear, then jack the front up to determine the setting for the front 5100's. Looking forward to seeing how they feel.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #22
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you will love them. the rear end wont "buck" as bad going over dips and stuff with a little speed. they flex pretty good too
Old 11-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #23
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully i get these along with billies for christmas
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #24
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sooo how does everyone like their new leafs?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
trd sport is on a distinguished road
trd sport's Tacoma Gallery
weight

By installing this setup, will it increase load capacity at all with the overload spring installed? I own a Polaris 850 sportsman and with that in the bed it squats and hits the bumpstops.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #26
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Just want to say...

...my Wheelers 3 leaf AAL's are the cat's pajamas!

I've had em for a few months now and they are performing awesome. One of the best upgrades I've made to my truck for sure!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #27
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm thinking of putting my overload leafs back in to gain a little more lift. I've read various conflicting reports about how much lift the AAL's provide with the overload leaf included. The way I see it, since the overload leaf frowns down relative to the rest of the leaf pack, won't adding it only raise the ride height the same amount as the thickness of the overload leaf itself (i.e., about 1/2")?? Am I right in assuming this or am I missing something?

Also, will I need extended rear brake lines if I add the overloads?

Thanks for any tips.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #28

Yea it should only lift you about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch. And I would for sure get extended lines back there, even without the OL I would still get them. I think toytec has them for like 50 bucks
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #29
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a difference between the wheelers pack and the icon pack besides name and price?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #30
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm liking mine so far other than I think they could offer more lift in back
Old 07-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #31

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Yea it should only lift you about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch. And I would for sure get extended lines back there, even without the OL I would still get them. I think toytec has them for like 50 bucks

Right on, thanks. I think I'll give it a try.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #32
CurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of lightCurboCycles is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Curtis
CurboCycles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Is there a difference between the wheelers pack and the icon pack besides name and price?
Would also like an answer to this...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #33
Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud ofWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has much to be proud of
Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
We compared them before and on the bench it appears that Icon made their's quite similar to ours although they are from a different manufacturer than we use. We might have a little room for discount on the Icon's, they won't be as low priced as ours, though. Contact us directly for pricing info on the Icon's if you'd like.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #34
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
My ICON 3 leaf is nothing like what is described here. My rear is VERY stiff and my bed requires 200 pounds to feel stockish.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #35
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
My ICON 3 leaf is nothing like what is described here. My rear is VERY stiff and my bed requires 200 pounds to feel stockish.
What are you running for shocks?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Also are you still running the OL leaf?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #37
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
What are you running for shocks?
OME
Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #38
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Also are you still running the OL leaf?
No, I removed it.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #39
comajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura aboutcomajoe has a spectacular aura about
comajoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank you, good to know. i am getting a bit tired of my toytec AAL....
Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #40

Quote:
OME
i ran my wheelers with 5100's and it was like butter