Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheelers 3 leaf pack.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Wheelers 3 leaf pack.

Hey Dan,

I'm currently running the TSB leafs in the rear and would like to replace them with your progressive 3 leaf pack, these ride not really that great. This requires removal of the whole TSB pack for the new correct?

Thanks,
Richard
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
No-You do not need to remove the entire TSB leaf set. Wheelers recommends removing the overload leaf to fit the the 3 leaf AAL in-which would give you 6 leaves in the rear. I kept my over load...so I have 7 leaves.

Edit- I wanna make sure I'm answering the right question. I had to take the leaves off the truck to install the 3 new leaves...but all the TSB parts were re-used.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
No-You do not need to remove the entire TSB leaf set. Wheelers recommends removing the overload leaf to fit the the 3 leaf AAL in-which would give you 6 leaves in the rear. I kept my over load...so I have 7 leaves.

Edit- I wanna make sure I'm answering the right question. I had to take the leaves off the truck to install the 3 new leaves...but all the TSB parts were re-used.
by keeping the overload leaf do you think you lost flex? If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?
Mine doesn't.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I had their 3 pack on my last truck without the TSB leafs. so I only had 5 total. it didnt sag much when I had my 4 wheeler loaded up and it rode great. MUCH better than the shitty single AAL. Ill probably go the same rought with this truck as well.

I didnt have to take out my entire leaf pack either.
this is the guide I used but just installed the 3 pack and took out the overload leaf
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

I had to buy a cutoff wheel, grinder to cut the center pin off bc it was rusted and would not budge but other than that it was a very simple smooth install

bad pic but you can kinda tell its not saging
Old 09-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
by keeping the overload leaf do you think you lost flex? If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?
It might flex a little less- but it has never prevented me from doing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
Richard
Over all-38.5 Fender to Ground. I got 1 and 3/16 inches on one side and 1 and 6/16 on the other-Just under the advertised 1.5 inches - but that's okay cause the rear end Taco lean is gone.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Richard
The 3 Leaf will give about a 1.5" of lift over where the rear of the vehicle sits currently.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #11

Dan,

Is it possible to swap out the TSB leafs for the Wheeler pack? My rear is higher then front just by a hair right now, I would like a leveled stance.

Thanks for your responses,
Rich
Old 09-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Dan,

Is it possible to swap out the TSB leafs for the Wheeler pack? My rear is higher then front just by a hair right now, I would like a leveled stance.

Thanks for your responses,
Rich
what do you mean "swap them out"? the wheelers 3 leaf pack goes WITH the regular leafs that are in there right now...just minus the overload. Once you get it in and its too tall in the rear, take one leaf out...
Old 09-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have lift in the front?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #15

Yeah I'm sitting on SAW 2.0's it's about 38 inches from fender to ground... my rear is at 39". Just looking for better rear leaf packs.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Well I can't say for sure, but to stay close to the height you are at now. You may need to take the lowest leaf out of your current leaf packs, then install the 3 leaf AAL set.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #17

My first set up I had a single AAL from toytec. IIRC it was a 1.5"
I ditched that for the 3 pack and it was exactly the same height as before.
thats with the non tsb leafs, 5 total after wheelers pack

with the tsb and wheelers you will have a total of 6. so it will probably sit a little higher. As Dan said, maybe take the overload and one more out if you want level
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Mine doesn't.
Sweet thanks! Right now I'm seriously eyeing your rear set up. Seems to be really good bang for the buck as opposed to going fox and new pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
I had their 3 pack on my last truck without the TSB leafs. so I only had 5 total. it didnt sag much when I had my 4 wheeler loaded up and it rode great. MUCH better than the shitty single AAL. Ill probably go the same rought with this truck as well.

I didnt have to take out my entire leaf pack either.
this is the guide I used but just installed the 3 pack and took out the overload leaf
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

I had to buy a cutoff wheel, grinder to cut the center pin off bc it was rusted and would not budge but other than that it was a very simple smooth install

bad pic but you can kinda tell its not saging
Great info! Thanks a ton. I'm pretty much sold on the progressive aal now. Just may be a little while before I invest in rear suspension.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #20

Im probably going to be getting another set of these for this truck. they are so smooth you might wanna get extended rear brake lines, I bought a set but never put them on... these add more flex and can put stress on your lines. better to be safe than sorry. I got the lines from toytec for like 60 bucks