Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheeler's Spacers

Old 07-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's Spacers

Has anyone ever ran these on a 2nd gen. stock alloy? Not a fan of spacers but would like to push my stock sport wheels out just a little. And they are cheap. Just wondering if they would work on the alloys?

WHEEL SPACERS

1/4" Thick Wheel Spacer: 5.00/ea
These 1/4" wheel spacers come in handy for fitting other brands of steel wheels that won't fit your Toyota because they contact the front brake calipers. A lot of folks will only install these on the front, the rear brakes usually don't have wheel clearance issues. Use your discretion on determining if these will safely allow enough thread contact on your wheel studs after installation.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently running these pieces of junk on my truck. They make the front wheel studs not stick out very far and it's hard to get the lug nuts started. I feel they are dangerous which is why I currently have an order for some 1.5 inch spacers from allprooffroad. I bought my truck with these installed otherwise they wouldn't be on there.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
I've ran some before and never had problems.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So which one's are you getting? Not sure about the difference between the lug centric and hub centric? Does it depend on what kinda of wheel you have?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
No, 2nd gens are either hub centric or lug centric but I can't remember right. I wanna say hub centric, but don't quote me on that.

I also have these on my truck to help my steel rims clear the caliper. I got ET lug nuts to compensate for the spacer.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #6

Thing is I don't know if I want to go as much as 1 1/4. I would like only about 1/2 inch or maybe 3/4. I guess by the way they mount there is no in between? I'm not a hard core off road guy so I guess they would be safe. That is my biggest concern.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
So which one's are you getting? Not sure about the difference between the lug centric and hub centric? Does it depend on what kinda of wheel you have?
I'm getting the hub centric ones. Just waiting for them to get thier shipment in.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
I'm currently running these pieces of junk on my truck. They make the front wheel studs not stick out very far and it's hard to get the lug nuts started. I feel they are dangerous which is why I currently have an order for some 1.5 inch spacers from allprooffroad. I bought my truck with these installed otherwise they wouldn't be on there.

Ha! I see what you are saying. I pulled a lug off today to have a look and there is only about 1/4" of thread sticking out with the stock wheel. I figured there would be more thread than that.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Ha! I see what you are saying. I pulled a lug off today to have a look and there is only about 1/4" of thread sticking out with the stock wheel. I figured there would be more thread than that.
Exactly. Less thread contact is dangerous IMO. That's why I'm getting the quality ones. All pro or spidertrax are great. The only difference is the spidertrax have a rust proof coating, so if you don't have to worry about rust I would get the all pro ones since they are a little cheaper and they give you a discount if you tell them you found them through TW.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
so has anybody ordered these lately? how do you like them?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
so has anybody ordered these lately? how do you like them?
Are you gunna get pair if you run these I would recommend getting extended studs
Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
Christ Follower
RadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRadRed06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
RadRed06's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't run these if I were you. A local truck shop but these on my dad's tundra to help clear the uca without telling him and the studs shaved completely off because of the lack of threads left and the wheel literally fell off the truck while he was backing out of the driveway. If he had been going any faster who knows what could have happened, and he never off roaded in his truck.