Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Thanks for the OME Kit

Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the OME Kit

Just finished the install of my complete OME kit that I order from Dan a few weeks ago. The only problem I had, and it sounds like a common one, is the forward leaf spring bolts would not come out without the use of a grinder. I had a hard time finding the replacement bolts and ended up ordering them from a dealership. The 2 new bolts, 2 nuts and 2 washers were $41.00 . Maybe you should start including those in your kit? Just a though.
Anyways, here are a few pics of the truck before and after the install.
Thanks again for the complete kit.
P.S. you can see in the last pic I opted not to use the exhaust relocation bracket, the grinder was within reach at the time
Before

After

Front

Rear
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. I didn't have any problems getting my bolts out, but I have heard of people having problems with it. Are you thinking of upgrading your tires to a bigger size somewhere down the road?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Glad the kit came out great. Sorry to hear about the bolts. We do offer them. Factory Main Eye Bolt Set (bolts, washers, and nuts) $17.50

Truck looks Very Good!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Wheeler's FTW! I wouldn't order from anyone else
Old 01-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
BVCOTaco is on a distinguished road
BVCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Looks good man. I didn't have any problems getting my bolts out, but I have heard of people having problems with it. Are you thinking of upgrading your tires to a bigger size somewhere down the road?
After I see how much room I have at full flex, I will decide on tires. I might just wait until next year and do a regear and go with some 33's.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tested the weight capacity of the dakars yet? If so, do they sag with minimal weight? I'm planning on installing the same setup this summer but am contemplating going with their AAL as well. Seems like I always have 150-200 lbs in the bed over the summer, with a lot more when I go camping/fishing/wheeling.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
Have you tested the weight capacity of the dakars yet? If so, do they sag with minimal weight? I'm planning on installing the same setup this summer but am contemplating going with their AAL as well. Seems like I always have 150-200 lbs in the bed over the summer, with a lot more when I go camping/fishing/wheeling.
I'm 2nd gen , but my Dakars sagged 1/2" over 8 months of having my Leer cap on full time ( 200 lbs )
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #9
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great....congrats on doing the install your self....what size coils...881, 882 or 883 with your bumper?

I wimped out and let my mechanic do mine last Oct...I also paid top dollar for the front bolts from dealer...Dan has a good price on his!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Very useful info, thank you. I also have a cap on full time. I didn't take that weight into consideration I'm probably just going to install the AAL as well. I was just a little worried about how much extra height that would give me in the rear because I'm planning on sticking with my 265/75/16 tires for a while. Wouldn't want it to look too funny.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very useful info, thank you. I also have a cap on full time. I didn't take that weight into consideration I'm probably just going to install the AAL as well. I was just a little worried about how much extra height that would give me in the rear because I'm planning on sticking with my 265/75/16 tires for a while. Wouldn't want it to look too funny.
I'm adding the OME AAL to mine . Already ordered it .
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

Quote:
I think the dakers themselves will serve you well....I did the dakars plus the AAL and ended up too high in the rear(choppy ride unloaded and 4 inches up from the stock susp )....but then my truck is just a light rig>>4banger reg cab

Your truck will be heavier and if you always carry at least a few hundred pounds maybe go for the AAL

I have been hauling around 350 lbs of patio stones in hopes of settling the springs for months but no luck...great ride with the load and very capable to carry much more weight or tounge weight of trailer.

Downside is MPG and zip alwys being loaded.....sure do love the OME kit
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Pics for yoy FFrir...I hear ya on the tires...I have two sets both brand new.... summers and winters at stock size..31's....she does look kinda funny with small tires

day of intstall...no load

with 350 lbs

with350 again

next 2 pics are with the 350lbs plus the firewoodrear and side view

Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #14

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot. That is with the AAL, correct? It looks great with a load in it. I generally drive around all summer with twice the amount of wood as that, plus camping gear. I'm assuming I wouldn't be as high as you in the front either, seeing as you have a 4 cycle.

Anyway, I'm planning on having a shop install the lift but I suppose I could install the AAL myself later down the road if I find myself sagging too much.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post

Oak or Maple ?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oak or Maple ?
Actually it is white ash so not as heavy as oak or maple Oz

The wood only goes to the rear of the wheel wells on top of the patio stones so not a full load. Hauled about 20 kms like this and she was very stable!

Still torn on taking out the AAL.....no rush to decide.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot. That is with the AAL, correct? It looks great with a load in it. I generally drive around all summer with twice the amount of wood as that, plus camping gear. I'm assuming I wouldn't be as high as you in the front either, seeing as you have a 4 cycle.

Anyway, I'm planning on having a shop install the lift but I suppose I could install the AAL myself later down the road if I find myself sagging too much.
Yes with the AAL.....I also dropped the diff with the toytech kit

What coil size are you considering?

I am guessing the OP has 882s with the awesome ARB bumper he has!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #18

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Yes with the AAL.....I also dropped the diff with the toytech kit

What coil size are you considering?

I am guessing the OP has 882s with the awesome ARB bumper he has!
I'm assuming I'll go with 881s since I won't have any extra weight up front. I'd love to add a new front bumper but don't see that happening for a year or two down the road.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oak or Maple ?
Here is some Back Cherry from todays cut

Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #20

Quote:
I'm assuming I'll go with 881s since I won't have any extra weight up front. I'd love to add a new front bumper but don't see that happening for a year or two down the road.
You may want 882s with the 3.4 L and Dcab...I went with 881s...perfect for my truck