Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Who installs OME in Austin

Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
cycyak1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lori
cycyak1's Tacoma Gallery
Who installs OME in Austin

Hi! I know the system I want, but can't seem to find a shop to do the install. There is nooo way I can do this on my own... I know what I want, but am clueless in the garage. Yes, I am a chic.... Any help would be appreciated. I want the OME 882 up front and new leafs in the rear...
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
no clue but sub'd for results as i use to live in austin too
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Order the parts online and get a couple guys from austin to help you install it? Pretty much any man will do anything for some beer, especially for a woman lol
Old 07-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
cycyak1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lori
cycyak1's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... I just want it done right... Do ya'll recommend any other lift that is good that could be bought and installed in Austin or surrounding?
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fan of the ome product. Good luck finding a shop to install be careful because some of them don't know what they are doing. I'm glad that I am able to install mine myself. I like the suggestion of having some other members give you a hand.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine to so-cal and had some fellow members help me install it. I did a lot of research on this site prior. I had little know how, but through all of my research I figured out what to do...sort of. Luckily there were a few guys out here that were very knowledgable. I'm moving to Austin in a month or so, and have experience on my 1st gen- but looks like you have a second gen. Not all that different, but I could give a hand if I'm there when you need it.

A shop is going to charge you ~$800 for install, on top of the price you pay for your suspension. It's not a bad idea to rally some local troops and make a day of it with food and beers.

Once it's installed, I'd recommend having it aligned- and while you're at it you could have them take a second look at your shocks and make sure everything is torqued and set correctly.

I installed OME as well, and HIGHLY recommend their products.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in San Antonio. I can do a lot except weld. I'm a mechanic for a local dealer Pm me with what your wanting done