Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

05+ Steering Rack Bushings !!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
05+ Steering Rack Bushings !!!!

Hey Everyone,

We now have Steering Rack Bushing Kits available for the 05+ Tacoma 6 Lug Trucks!!

Kit goes for $55.00

In stock and ready to ship!!

http://wheelersoffroad.com/toyota/ta...n-and-chassis/
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
nimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura aboutnimrod712 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
nimrod712's Tacoma Gallery
What are they made out of?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Polyurethane
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Wow wish i would have seen this earlier! my new rack is going in this afternoon!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
pavemobile will become famous soon enoughpavemobile will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 20th SOS Helicopter Mech - Retired
pavemobile's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone, I have a set coming. Thanks guys and have a good holiday.
I'll post up some install feedback and driving experience as well.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
This is a must have!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Must be why I just ordered up..........not listed on site yet so give them a call.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
totmacher has a spectacular aura abouttotmacher has a spectacular aura about

totmacher's Tacoma Gallery
What is the benefit of swapping out these bushings?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
No play in the steering. Polyurethane instead of rubber. Your rack will love you. Same reason you would change/upgrade any of your bushings. Wear items, stuff gets sloppy. Unless these are very very badly worn or missing you might not know how bad they are until you put fresh ones in either.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
pavemobile will become famous soon enoughpavemobile will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 20th SOS Helicopter Mech - Retired
pavemobile's Tacoma Gallery
One source of steering looseness and vibrations/wandering usually starts with the rack mounts...one of the downsides. These appear to be poly type bushings, nice and tight steering feel. I'll post up pic's when mine arrive.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun installing these guys, much more involved than on the 1st gen tacoma's. I did an install on a set of Energy's prototype bushings before release and I gotta say its not a quick install.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Have fun installing these guys, much more involved than on the 1st gen tacoma's. I did an install on a set of Energy's prototype bushings before release and I gotta say its not a quick install.
LOL, I replaced the R&P on my gen 1 twice. So easy to replace the bushings. I saw these and cringed a little, but it's gotta be done!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Sweet, someone needs to post some pictures of how to change these out. I am looking forward to doing this.
Basically, follow Toyota FSM spec on steering rack removal, then remove the collar/sleeve within the busings using a pickle fork, press the old bushing out, press the new ones in and slip the new collar/sleeves into the bushings, then reverse the procedure on steering rack removal to reinstall the rack.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 17609 Rev A.pdf (459.9 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
719bloodhound is on a distinguished road
719bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Subd definitely need to do this
Old 07-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #19
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
looking at the pdf, it looks easy, whats difficult about doing this?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
719bloodhound is on a distinguished road
719bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
would these help with steering shake at around 50-60 mph had my tires rebalanced and that didnt help