Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Any Coupon before checkout?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
RicardoM is on a distinguished road

RicardoM's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Any Coupon before checkout?

Hello there, I'm almost ready to checkout and buy a lift kit. I have a 2007 taco double cab, 4x4, manual trans. I want to lift it because I want to ride BFG 255/85 on stock alloy 16 rims, and I don't want to sacrifice comfort in pavement ride (that's why I went with Icon).

Before this truck I had a 98 ext cab, sr5, manual trans 4x4 with toytec coilovers and dakar leafs. I loved the ride in high speed offroad, but in pavement was noticeable stiffer than stock. Anyway, I loved that truck with the lift.

Now I have a more comfortable truck, I will do 40% of my driving Offroad, mostly dirty roads and stepped hill climbs (most weekends go to camping/fishing). But as I said, I dont want to sacrifice a lot the riding. I know that any lift will compromise the ride, but the less compromise, the better for me.

What do you thing about it?
What do you recommend me?
I was looking also for the RCD 4" drop bracket kit, with toytects at 0" lift, but not sure at all.

Any comments or suggestions will be welcome.
THANKS

PS, Any coupon before paying?
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-susp.jpg  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
TacoRuthe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joshua
TacoRuthe's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to check out the deals and coupon section on the forum. There are a couple places offering 20% off on icon. I think demello has free shipping and tax.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #4

That's correct. I just make the order. They didn't charge me any shipping. And Im glad because it is a little expensive because the leafs.

I just added the Icon Spanner Wrench, spidertrax spacers, and cancelled the ¼" spacers after reading not many good stuff about them.

Thanks Guys!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Glad we could help! Did you get yourself a set of SuperBumps?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #6

Nope... I was not sure if I was going to need them. But in a not too far future (I hope), I will add front ARB Bumper, rear custom bumper, arb lockers and superbumps.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
That will certainly be a nice setup! Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #8

Thank you. I'm really glad to make business with you. I was trying to buy from other dealer that I had bought another kit before, but they answered one week later.
I had a little issue with my payment at Wheeler's Off Road (my fault), and finished paying with other card. I was amazed and really satisfied because all the personal attentions of all the store staff, from checking what I need and if it fit, compatibility, suggestions in my order, then from packing, then for the payment issue. Looks like a really big store and all of them worried for their customers. Definitely all my future purchases will be from you for sure.

I will post pics of the kit, and before/after installations, and with time will write comments about the feel of this setup.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #9

Well, after having a long bad driving day, I picked my new suspension kit from Wheeler's Off Road at my sister's house. I was with bad humor because the heavy traffic all the trip. But when I opened the first box, surprise!!! a bag of candies!! I give them to my child's. That little detail changed all the humor. Thanks WOF!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-1.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-2.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #10

This was the truck STOCK!
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-stock.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #11

More stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-3.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-4.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-5.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #12

During the installation!
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-6.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-7.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-8.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-9.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #13

Looked weird with stock (245/75 r16) street tires and the lift. So I changed the tires with the ones that I had in my previous truck, BFG KM2 255/85 r16 (33" equivalent), with zero rub issues. So I don't used the spacers that ordered. Maybe in a future with other wheels or wider tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-h1.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-h2.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #14

Final appearance. I liked the ride, really really soft as I wanted, very comfortable in the street. But when I changed the tires there was a little stiff in the ride, not too much but noticeable. So the stiff was because the tires and not the suspension kit. Any way, I liked it a lot. Worth every penny.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Coupon before checkout?-h3.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-h4.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-h5.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-h6.jpg   Any Coupon before checkout?-h7.jpg  

Old 12-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #15

Next:
1) Sound system, already bought it, but it will take a lot of time (will put dynamat in all the interior).
2) Maybe I would like to add an inch of lift in the rear. I liked the rear a little more lifted because I haul sometimes a boat, or carry many stuff when camping. Any suggestions other than blocks?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #17

Yeah, I prefer taller than wider... when you air down them, it has more thread than no so tall tires. My previous tacoma was a 98 ext cab sr5 6cyls, with same tires, they lived 50,000 miles with zero problems at all (just a little rub in the stock UCA when they started to worn out, had to shaved a little bit the uca).

And also they give me like an extra inch of lift!.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks Great!!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the TC's from Wheelers came with stainless uniballs?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #20

They came!, I just bought 1 as spare...
If I broke one, it will be a pain in the a$$ to order one and shipped to Mexico, and all that time without my truck!, so I bought 1 just in case.