Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheeler's Super Bumps

Old 02-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #381
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Just read through the thread, any first gens in here have input on these? i know they will work but have some side load on them
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #382
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbauman92 View Post
Just read through the thread, any first gens in here have input on these? i know they will work but have some side load on them
There's actually some side load on them when installed on 2nd gens, too. If someone from Wheeler's doesn't respond, send them an email. They've responded quickly the few times I've had a question.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #383
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my fronts!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #384
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i see you guys make them for the 07-09 fjs, will they fit the new models?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #385
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalBacon13 View Post
i see you guys make them for the 07-09 fjs, will they fit the new models?
As far as we know they should fit great. We have sold quite a few sets to customers with 2010+ models, and they are very happy with them. But we have not actually test fit a set on the 2010+ models ourselves yet.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #386
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
These are simply amazing. 10/10 I have pushed them hard and put them to the test out in the dunes and they feel like I'm landing on a cloud when I hit full bump. I would tell anybody to get these, did the install in under 30 minutes front and rear.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #388
Wheeler's Offroad Tech Rep
JohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
JohnnyK.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Just ordered a set of the fonts today, are they in stock?
Hey Ryan,
It is usually best to email us with these kind of questions. Sometimes we miss these posts, and may not get back to you in the timely manner we prefer.

These are instock ready to go. I just send you order out to the warehouse, it should be rolling out of here today.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #389
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK. View Post
Hey Ryan,
It is usually best to email us with these kind of questions. Sometimes we miss these posts, and may not get back to you in the timely manner we prefer.

These are instock ready to go. I just send you order out to the warehouse, it should be rolling out of here today.
I'll email you direct next time but for now............
Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #390
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
As far as we know they should fit great. We have sold quite a few sets to customers with 2010+ models, and they are very happy with them. But we have not actually test fit a set on the 2010+ models ourselves yet.
How will the fronts work with my TC +2" LT kit?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #391
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen11ty7 View Post
They ought to work fine. I still have the stock OR suspension installed and there's a very small gap between the SuperBumps and strike plate. There are videos on youtube of the SBs in action.

http://youtu.be/YRmK_NkU8Rs
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #392
Wheeler's Offroad Tech Rep
JohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
JohnnyK.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

We've never tried, although it seems like it should work fine. If you give it a shot please let us know how they work out.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #393
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Working well on my AP Kit for the past year or so now
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #394
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Ordered and received my set. Tried to install and I was unable to. Not knocking wheelers just my lack of handy manness. I was able toget the stock ones off but because the wheelers ones are a bit bigger I had to jack the front end up so I coul get some droop to install. Had one side threaded but couldn't get the supplied Allen wrench in there, to long. Gonna try again cause I can't wait o get the things installed. Any tips

Alex
Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #395
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Ordered and received my set. Tried to install and I was unable to. Not knocking wheelers just my lack of handy manness. I was able toget the stock ones off but because the wheelers ones are a bit bigger I had to jack the front end up so I coul get some droop to install. Had one side threaded but couldn't get the supplied Allen wrench in there, to long. Gonna try again cause I can't wait o get the things installed. Any tips

Alex
I'll assume you're having problems installing the fronts. Cut the Allen wrench off for clearance. Lift the truck to allow full droop and you shouldn't have any problems. Here's Ken's and my take on installation.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #396
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'll assume you're having problems installing the fronts. Cut the Allen wrench off for clearance. Lift the truck to allow full droop and you shouldn't have any problems. Here's Ken's and my take on installation.
Ya the fronts, thanks!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #397
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got em installed thanks to the help of someone else's install Was still kinda a pain. Its hard to get any leverage to really crank on the allen wrench. In any case glad to be done with that now I just have to go test em out
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #398
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
I sent a PM to wheelers but I will pose my question here:

Do these limit uptravel more than stock bumps? I installed a progressive 3 leaf AAL pack and left my overload leaf in for extra lift. I also installed the extended (3-4" lift) rear 5100s. Im now in danger of bottoming out my rear shock before hitting the bumps when at full flex. I either need to modify the stock bumps with a stand off or get these if they fit the bill.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #399
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
The SuperBumps are designed to compress down to about the height of the stock bumpstops. For your situation you will need to make a small spacer to move the bump up higher.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #400
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
subd