Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheeler's Super Bumps

Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #401
TheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to allTheKid is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TheKid's Tacoma Gallery
do you guys take paypal?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #402
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
The SuperBumps are designed to compress down to about the height of the stock bumpstops. For your situation you will need to make a small spacer to move the bump up higher.
Where would you add a spacer to the rear set? I have All Pro Expo packs with the flip kit...will also be running the BAMF shock relocation tower with a 12" Fox shock...I like these bumps and want to run them in the rear, but need a bump that will stop suspension before the shock bottoms out. Timbrens are apparently the perfect size...but very harsh rebound. Any ideas? Anyone?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #403
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Where would you add a spacer to the rear set? I have All Pro Expo packs with the flip kit...will also be running the BAMF shock relocation tower with a 12" Fox shock...I like these bumps and want to run them in the rear, but need a bump that will stop suspension before the shock bottoms out. Timbrens are apparently the perfect size...but very harsh rebound. Any ideas? Anyone?
Run 10's and enjoy the gain in up travel?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #404
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
expo pack+BAMF shock relocation...have to run 12's lol +already have 12's, waiting for install
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #405
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Then you need some bigger bumps like what i'm running
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #406
Ya, I heard the timbrens are the perfect length to prevent the shocks from bottoming out...but the rebound is teeeeerrible...so I'm wondering if I can run these and just invert them to the frame bump spots and add some washers

+the price difference lol
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #407
Timbrens suck! haha they are great for towing etc but if your looking to romp they rebound too hard making you buck like crazy.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #408
Yes. Exactly. However, they are the right length to prevent shock from bottoming out...that being said, I don't have any, nor do I want to buy them...I do however want to turn Superbumps into the correct length.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #409
Monnt this to the top of the frame and you can trim it down (always an option)
http://sdhqoffroad.com/polyurethaneb...12long212.aspx
Old 04-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #410
Yea I was looking at these...I may have a hook-up on them

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...d-p-29879.html

Old 06-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #411
marintacoma is on a distinguished road

marintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So what can we order to make these work for front first gen?
Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #412
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Yes. Exactly. However, they are the right length to prevent shock from bottoming out...that being said, I don't have any, nor do I want to buy them...I do however want to turn Superbumps into the correct length.

I would suggest finding out what measurements you need first so your not speculating as to what will/won't work. IMO without the measurements your just spinning your wheels. I got the rear wheelers superbumps and they came with a huge tower. The tower is around 2-4" (can't remember) but I did not need it at all. I installed the bumps inverted to my strike pad and now I have maximum uptravel. My point is you may be just fine with the towers they already offer, but it's anyone's guess if you have no dimensions.

you could easily pack down the bump by adding steel plate under it and just getting a longer bolt. I got lucky and had to do nothing for them to be perfect for my 255/85/16's and POS 5100's.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #413
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by marintacoma View Post
So what can we order to make these work for front first gen?
if your talking about the front ones they bolt right in, i trimmed mine down a little bit so they werent in play all the time
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #414
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

whoa!
I like the new website guys

dont forget to update the link to the bumps..........talk to you in 2 minutes, phone call inbound

http://wheelersoffroad.com/toyota/ta...bumpstop-kits/

~Brock
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #415
Wheeler's Offroad Tech Rep
JohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
JohnnyK.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
whoa!
I like the new website guys

dont forget to update the link to the bumps..........talk to you in 2 minutes, phone call inbound

http://wheelersoffroad.com/toyota/ta...bumpstop-kits/
Thanks!! We just got it up this morning, your the first to mention anything yet.

We'll get that link fixed, I appreciate the heads up.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #416
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK. View Post
Thanks!! We just got it up this morning, your the first to mention anything yet.

We'll get that link fixed, I appreciate the heads up.

def an improvement.
Order placed, see them when they come in.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #417
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I would suggest finding out what measurements you need first so your not speculating as to what will/won't work. IMO without the measurements your just spinning your wheels. I got the rear wheelers superbumps and they came with a huge tower. The tower is around 2-4" (can't remember) but I did not need it at all. I installed the bumps inverted to my strike pad and now I have maximum uptravel. My point is you may be just fine with the towers they already offer, but it's anyone's guess if you have no dimensions.

you could easily pack down the bump by adding steel plate under it and just getting a longer bolt. I got lucky and had to do nothing for them to be perfect for my 255/85/16's and POS 5100's.

Is the tower long enough for me to use the longer Bilstein without bottoming out the shock?
3" to 4" Rear lift, Shock Part # RCD/BE5-B110-T5
Extended Length: 27.28"
Collapsed Length: 16.34"
Old 07-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #418
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
So how many people have spaced these out some? I'm looking at ordering some for the F/R.. I currently rub on all four corners when wheeling .. mostly full stuff. I know these compress to about about stock.. so I would most likely still have rubbing. Thinking I can space them out a bit and sacrifice a little up travel but still have a smooth transition PLUS no/less rubbing.

Any input fellers?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #419
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Already did. Guess I could do more.. but am wanting bumps regardless, and if I can space them out a tad.. ill just do that.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
cut and chop more I spaced my rear bumps down maybe 1/4" using some washers
Lol. That's without the towers correct? I read and saw your pics of them mounted. What about the front?

Basically.. this is what I've gathered and plan on doing.

Rears: I don't have a flip kit so ill be using the towers and mounting them and they should be fine.. or will I need to space them as well. I'm thinking no.

Fronts: space 1/8" to 1/4" and that should be good.

I know they compress like crazy during high speed(most compression) but for slow crawls, how will spacing them/limiting up travel affect the truck? The wont compress as much to begin with during slow crawls.. plus them being spaced a tad.