Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheeler's Super Bumps

Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #501
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvt16 View Post
id like to know too.
I called up Wheelers and the spacers are sold individually. So you're definitely gonna need two unless you got a really mean taco lean going on
Old 01-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #502
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just got my superbumps in the mail today. Gonna install this weekend! Goodbye tire rub on fender
Old 01-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #503
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
I just got my superbumps in the mail today. Gonna install this weekend! Goodbye tire rub on fender
cut the allen key down... sooo much easier.

did you get the spacers too? i might need to order some spacers myself.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #504

Thanks Moose for the tip. Yes I ordered the 3/8 and 1/4 spacers just to play with the bump a little. I think I'm going to put the 3/8 spacers on first and see how they do. i keep breaking fender clips because of hard hits from my tires. Hopefully 3/8 will do the trick. Not sure if I can stack a 3/8 and 1/4 together...that would be a huge ass spacer. I'm trying to get as little tire rub on the fenders as possible. Right now I have to slow way way down when going over any kind of whoops.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #505
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks Moose for the tip. Yes I ordered the 3/8 and 1/4 spacers just to play with the bump a little. I think I'm going to put the 3/8 spacers on first and see how they do. i keep breaking fender clips because of hard hits from my tires. Hopefully 3/8 will do the trick. Not sure if I can stack a 3/8 and 1/4 together...that would be a huge ass spacer. I'm trying to get as little tire rub on the fenders as possible. Right now I have to slow way way down when going over any kind of whoops.
your running 33's i see. have you done any kind of trimming? its inevitable really.. I've had to do the Cab Mount chop, and trim and alot of my fenders front and rear.. I still rub occasionally at full stuff while turning.. so maybe a couple spacers will help a little.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #506

It's not that I'm rubbing in the front or back of the wheel well. I'm bumping my fender with the up travel of the suspension and 33s on the fender. Hopefully putting a spacer on the bump stop will slow down some of the fender whacking.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #507
____livevil____

what do you have your Icons set at height wise?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #508

I cranked em up from the factory setting a little. Out of the box they were like 2" lift. I set them about 2.75".
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 PM   #509

With 2" of thread showing on the Icons you get about 3" of lift. I have a little less than 2" of thread on the c/o.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #510
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
thought I would post how I mounted my rear bumps with towers with a flip kit in case anyone was interested. I know I was looking prior to install. No welding or anything crazy required. So far so good

Just got a piece of steel and sandwiched them to the flip plate. Hope this helps someone out
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #511
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am still waiting for mine.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #512
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post

All good things to those who wait
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #513

I've had to cut down that hex key a ton to get that thing to fit in between the LCA and the bump stop mount...Super annoying to cut and try and realize I had to cut some more. My dremel sucks too so I have to sit and wait in between charges. currently waiting on the dremel to finish charging so I can cut off the rest of the hex key.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #515
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I got mine years ago and they took a few months. Tick tock
Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #516
Wheeler's Offroad Tech Rep
JohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant futureJohnnyK. has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
JohnnyK.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We're a little backed up on them after Christmas. I have more coming in, and should be able to get some out the door tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be hearing from us.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #517
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had to cut down that hex key a ton to get that thing to fit in between the LCA and the bump stop mount...Super annoying to cut and try and realize I had to cut some more. My dremel sucks too so I have to sit and wait in between charges. currently waiting on the dremel to finish charging so I can cut off the rest of the hex key.
On 7/3/12 I posted a easy install tip so this task isn't anything new. You could of read it before hand and asked someone like me for theirs (I would of shipped it).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post5329051

You could of also easily used a hex socket and ratchet.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #518
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyK. View Post
We're a little backed up on them after Christmas. I have more coming in, and should be able to get some out the door tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be hearing from us.
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #519

Thanks skip
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #520
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
On 7/3/12 I posted a easy install tip so this task isn't anything new. You could of read it before hand and asked someone like me for theirs (I would of shipped it).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post5329051

You could of also easily used a hex socket and ratchet.
Sounds familiar.

I found my Allen socket was either too short, or the OD was too big to fit in the bump stop. Cutoff Allen wrench + 8mm ratcheting box end wrench did the trick for me.