Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Wheeler's Super Bumps

Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #542
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I have and I love em
Old 06-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #543
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered front and rear with towers and 6, 3/8 spacers. My last offroading trip last weekend I nearly ripped my fender flare off from up travel. Will the towers themselves reduce up travel or will I still need to use the spacers I ordered in case as well?
Old 06-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #544
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
You are going to need to measure bump travel numbers and adjust your bump stops accordingly. Every setup is going to be a little different. I have some 1/4" spacers in the front and it helps a little with the harsh impacts on the fenders from the up travel.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #545
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
You are going to need to measure bump travel numbers and adjust your bump stops accordingly. Every setup is going to be a little different. I have some 1/4" spacers in the front and it helps a little with the harsh impacts on the fenders from the up travel.
Definitely. My rears are where the problem lies. These towers physically place the bumps a lot higher than the factory ones. I'm not sure if these are intended to decrease up travel or what? What's the reason for the towers?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #546
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's Super Bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivespeed View Post
Definitely. My rears are where the problem lies. These towers physically place the bumps a lot higher than the factory ones. I'm not sure if these are intended to decrease up travel or what? What's the reason for the towers?

Thanks!

When you see them fully compressed, it's about the same as the rock hard stock bumpstops. They hold the weight of the truck, with the opposite wheel off of the ground, at about half compressed. But when you make a hard landing they compress even more.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #547
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
When you see them fully compressed, it's about the same as the rock hard stock bumpstops. They hold the weight of the truck, with the opposite wheel off of the ground, at about half compressed. But when you make a hard landing they compress even more.
Yup.

Fivespeed, look at how much they compress on the front. The rears behave similarly. Compared to the OEM bump stops, SuperBumps can really take the edge off of full compression.

http://youtu.be/YRmK_NkU8Rs
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #548
I greatly appreciate the help guys.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #549
Tacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodriver08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Tacodriver08's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered some for the front, stoked to get them installed and see what a difference they make. Might end up getting the rears when I change my leafs out at the end of the year.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #550
n.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant futuren.gardner has a brilliant future

Army: Hooah
Name: Nick
n.gardner's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a set to mount on my OME Dakar springs !