Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

7089 lugs

Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
7089 lugs

I need a set of lugs that fit the Pro Comp 7089s for the 2010 Tacoma. I purchased the ones that everyone else said were correct previously (http://www.brandsport.com/grla-21138etxl.html) but they did not fit right and the wheels were loose and vibrating all over the road. Do ya'll carry the correct lugs for these wheels? The shop installing the wheels also broke one of my center caps and I was wondering if ya'll carry those as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant future
Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc's Tacoma Gallery
7089 Lugs

Hi BradleyJ33. I went to to the vendor link that was in your post. It appears you ordered some Gorilla 21138ETXL nuts. That nut has a 1/2" shank below the tapered seat, that might be what is causing the nut to bottom out before the wheel is torqued to the hub.
For Toyota's, we use the Gorilla 21138ET (not XL) that has a shorter 1/4" shank below the tapered seat and that has worked good for us. We stock these nuts as well as the spline drive socket needed for them. We can get you a hub cap as well.
Thanks Much!
Wheeler's
Old 02-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i just looked on your web site im in need of the same thing they used none shanked lugs on my moto metals and im pretty sure it would be a little safer to use shanked luges whats the price for a set of 24 ?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant futureWheeler's Off-Road, Inc has a brilliant future
7089 Lugs

Hello TexasIslandBoy, the 21138ET lugs are a small diameter spline drive nut that take a special spline drive socket and are great for alloy wheels with small diameter lug nut wells that prevent you from fitting the normal 13/16" socket into them. The nuts cost 1.50/ea and the socket costs 5.95. The extended shank on these ET style nuts do allow more nut to wheel stud contact than a standard tapered seat acorn which is good. We also have this ET style nut in a standard diameter (Gorilla 68138L) that uses a 13/16" hex socket and they are also 1.50/ea. I'm thinking your moto-metal wheels are one of the wheels that do have the small diameter lug nut wells so small diameter spline drive nuts (21138ET) will probably be best.
A set of 24 would cost 36.00 plus shipping from 97526. If you need the spline drive socket it's 5.95.
Here's a link to the page where these can be found on our site www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm
Holler if you need any further assistance.
Thanks!
Wheeler's
www.wheelersoffroad.com
Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man ill have to do that soon real soon ill send a pick of the lug holes when i order that why i order the right ones thanks man !
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
SilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to behold
SilverStreak05's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys carry the small diameter lug nuts in black?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
E/T Lugs

Hello SilverStreak 05, Gorilla doesn't currently offer the 21138ET small diameter lugs in black.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #8
Kahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the rough
Marines: Harrier powerplants
Name: Dave
Kahunadave's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Kahunadave
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc View Post
Hello TexasIslandBoy, the 21138ET lugs are a small diameter spline drive nut that take a special spline drive socket and are great for alloy wheels with small diameter lug nut wells that prevent you from fitting the normal 13/16" socket into them. The nuts cost 1.50/ea and the socket costs 5.95. The extended shank on these ET style nuts do allow more nut to wheel stud contact than a standard tapered seat acorn which is good. We also have this ET style nut in a standard diameter (Gorilla 68138L) that uses a 13/16" hex socket and they are also 1.50/ea. I'm thinking your moto-metal wheels are one of the wheels that do have the small diameter lug nut wells so small diameter spline drive nuts (21138ET) will probably be best.
A set of 24 would cost 36.00 plus shipping from 97526. If you need the spline drive socket it's 5.95.
Here's a link to the page where these can be found on our site www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm
Thanks!
Wheeler's
www.wheelersoffroad.com
just sent in an order for the same lugs for my new A/R Tactic. Hope they work for me
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc View Post
Thanks!
Wheeler's
www.wheelersoffroad.com
Are these available in black yet? thought I seen them somewhere recently
Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
Hello, we're still not seeing any of those available in black yet.
Thanks,
Wheeler's
Old 07-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #13
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm3245 View Post
I used these for my Procomp 7098's and other than the idiots at the tire shop stripping one nut they work fine. http://www.autopartsdealer.com/pro_c...m_medium=email
Those that you are showing in the link are not a shouldered lug, there seems to be some debate weather their is adequate thread contact.