Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

new wheel bent!!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
new wheel bent!!

I figure I would try here for after hours support. I just got a new set of the black steel wheels the other day and had my old tires remounted and a road force balance today. Well bad news, supposedly 1 wheel is bent, out of round and warped on it's axis and could not be properly balanced.
What is wheelers policy on something like this?
any help is appreciated.

thanx
Old 03-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I would send their ass's back with a horrible letter stating you came to them for their quality and if they do not stand by their products they will loose your buisness. I did this with some bino's and they sent me a brand new better pair. good luck
Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
no need to get all uppity yet. It seems to be a manufacturing error, no damage to the finish or the box it came in.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i'd call them and tell them what the tire guy said...see what they say...
Old 03-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I would send their ass's back with a horrible letter stating you came to them for their quality and if they do not stand by their products they will loose your buisness. I did this with some bino's and they sent me a brand new better pair. good luck
That's just being rude. Most businesses will stand behind their products and threats should probably reserved for those that don't.

I would call them when they open up next week and let them know- I'm nearly positive that they'll hook you up with a new rim.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I love the guys at Wheeler's. I'm sure they'll rectify the situation. Shit happens and it's probably not their fault. It sounds like a manufacturing error. Stick to frustration for now. Save the anger for when things get worse.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know but every time I have ever tried to return something I get the same crap that they make sure all their products are in great condition and it must have been something done by the owner. i havnt done any buisness with wheelers yet. But it sounds like they have their heads streight. Just stating what has worked for for me with hard company's.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you who support us thank you! We are a small company and do are best to help the customer. We are in the business of making a living. Not screwing people and losing buisness. For those of you with the "everyone owes me" attitude, I am not sure we want to do buisness with you. We try to enjoy work and working with our customers. Sometimes things do happen and sometimes things are just out of our hands and that is the way it is. But we are more than happy to try and help solve a problem and get things taken care of. Again, Thanks to all our loyal customers for your support, especially in these hard times!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
For those of you who support us thank you! We are a small company and do are best to help the customer. We are in the business of making a living. Not screwing people and losing buisness. For those of you with the "everyone owes me" attitude, I am not sure we want to do buisness with you. We try to enjoy work and working with our customers. Sometimes things do happen and sometimes things are just out of our hands and that is the way it is. But we are more than happy to try and help solve a problem and get things taken care of. Again, Thanks to all our loyal customers for your support, especially in these hard times!
rep sent
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You will continue to get my business
Old 03-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
waiting on the manufacturer right now.. plus side they are in soCal.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
wheelers is working with you on gettting a replacement then ?

drop shipment and working w/ 3rd party vendors can really be a pain in the ass.
yeah, awaiting approval I suppose.
talkin about me taking the wheels straight to pro-comp in compton(thats who makes these wheels) . hey does the "comp" in pro-comp mean Compton?

anyone know if that 4wheelparts in compton IS procomp? it's the same address.
they got a tire shop there?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #14
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Have you heard of Wheelers before? I'm guessing you probably have not.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Have you heard of Wheelers before? I'm guessing you probably have not.
Ya I just explained that I was just saying what has worked for me with companies that were not buyer friendly. And I said how I have never done buisness with wheelers but it sounds like they have their heads on sttreight.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #16

And I didnt see the origional poster said whats Wheelers policy, I didnt mean to put wheelers down it sounds like they are a great company to do buisness with. Didnt mean to cause any bad rep tword Wheelers
Old 04-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
so, 2 weeks later, another $40 in shipping and $50 for balancing and this is finally done.
Wheelers and Procomp took care of it, but I still have a $90 bad taste in my mouth
remind me to ONLY shop local from now on.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
rep
Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
it's all over and done with now, I will NEVER shop from wheelers again.
I have 3 times and each time there was an "issue" that cost time, no biggie I have time now, but if I didn't it would be a bigger deal.
This last one cost me $90 more than what I originally agreed too, because of shipping and rebalance fees.
$25 for a road force balance(1wheel) with life time(of the tire) rebalance is pretty good in soCal.. don't road force balance and you'll get a wobble.
So that was 2 balances that were shit because of one bent wheel and one that had jacked up bubbles in the finish. If there was better QC at procomp or wheelers "maybe" this wouldn't have happened. you dig?
Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #20
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
well out of nowhere I get a call from Wheelers today.
Apparently they saw this post and my last comments and rechecked their records.
It seems there was $40 that was supposed to be credited (to pay for shipping on the replacements) to me that wasn't processed correctly.

Very cool of them to call and correct this, most places wouldn't bother.

so Wheelers will make it right and they have restored my buyer confidence.

Thank you again Wheelers