Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Uni-Ball Lube

Old 02-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
That's what I was using till I noticed this on my 6 month old TC uniballs

They are pitted and pretty much trash.

Now I find out TC offers stainless balls, but they don't have that listed on their site (Camburg comes with stainless)

All the UCA uniball manufacturers need to get on the "ball" and put a threaded cap the top of the UCA and throw a zerk fitting in there. Pretty sure All Pro has just designed one.

Now I will only be using what Dan's selling.
Good to know, I'll be ordering the good stuff soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #22
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Yea its bullsh*t that you dump $600+ on UCA's from TC and they dont bother stating that you're getting chromoly uniballs that'll pit out after one salty winter
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #23
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery

I like the big pink "fabulous"
Old 02-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #24
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Camburg is all stainless hardware. Live and learn for me.
So what are you going to end up doing with your TCs? Mine look like yours btw
Old 02-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Getting some lube from Dan when I get my stainless uniballs from TC. TC will have stock this Monday.

Also looking into a DIY cap for the top so it stays cleaner. Problem is I do a good deal of trail riding through ice so it's going to have to be strong and there isn't any place to mount it. I will find a cap that works, patten it, and make millions of dollhairs

Our typical trails
How much are the stainless uniballs? And if I don't swap out (and just apply the lube from here on out) what will happen to my UCAs?

awesome pic btw
Old 02-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #26
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Not sure about damage to the UCA but it will eat up the lube much faster.

Well I have asked them twice how much and didn't get a reply yet. Camburgs selling their stainless for $120 and TC is selling the POS chrome ones for $120. If they are more then $120 Ill find them myself.

This is what someone told me from another forum "I would call Kartek or Poly Performance. Then just use the same 12 pointed recessed type bolt. Camburg says that they have a patent on it and that they are suing All China but that won't keep you from installing the same set up on your truck"

All China is talk for All Pro in that forum
damn $120+ on uniballs after already spending $600+ on the UCAs originally? What a rip! If you find a more reasonable solution, let me know please. Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
asphinctersayswhat?

Just ordered! Woot!!