Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Wheeler's Off-Road

Notices

Uni-Ball Lube

Old 05-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Uni-Ball Lube

Now Available:

Tri-Flow® Superior Dry Lubricant: 5.89
Tri-Flow® Superior Dry Lubricant is an elite formula created for dry and dusty conditions. The 2oz drip bottle applicator, allows for deep penetration in hard to reach moving parts. Featuring paraffin wax and high-grade petroleum oil to allow the lube to go on wet, but then set up in a dry, 'wax-like' film so it will not attract or absorb grit and grime. Perfect for dry, dirty, dusty conditions, while still providing adequate wet weather performance. Holds up to extreme pressures and resists water wash-off. Provides incredible efficiency without attracting an excessive amount of contaminants. Great for Uni-Ball bearings.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Oh now this gets posted. I've been experimenting with a bunch of stuff and finally out in some Dupont teflon spray. It's going good on day 2, but if it starts squeeking again, I'll be ordering this stuff.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
How come TC says not to lube their uni-balls?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I called them to inquire about lube, and they said no lube needed period. Another member was told the same thing when they called..
Old 05-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Because they don't want you to lube it with the wrong thing. Using WD-40 or other petrol based lubes will damage the uniball lining.
The above listed stuff is petroleum too.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, with all of this stuff posted I have some questions.

My uniballs stared to squeek really bad when turning. Not knowing anything I put WD40 on them. After they started squeeking again, I tried some dry lube spray stuff from Blaster. They staretd to squeek again and so I then tried this dry lube through Dupont.

At this point, have I ruined my uniballs? Should I take my UCAs apart to wipe off the uniballs, then relube with this stuff?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
can i order this stuff from you on here or do i need to call yu?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #9
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
woops didn't notice the order now button haha my bad
Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It's not the base tho. WD-40 is meant to stay wet and greasy. This is designed to dry out and have a waxy feeling. They also trap dirt in them because they stay wet- when this stuff dries it doesn't.
sweet well i ordered some for my camburgs figured it was only 5 bucks.. why not
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Both Camburg, and Total Chaos recommend to us that customers use a dry teflon lube (Tri-Flow). So we have made that available to the customers. Like someone else said, I think they are worried that people will put the wrong kind of lube on the uni-balls.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
How many people would be intrested in a 14oz Catridge (standard grease gun size) Grease tubes, of a grease that is designed specifically for use with Rubber and Polyurethane?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
I may be depending on price
Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
FYI You can buy this stuff at most bike shops.

I use it on my Mountain bike

I have a large aerosol can of it also.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
FYI You can buy this stuff at most bike shops.

I use it on my Mountain bike

I have a large aerosol can of it also.
As far as the Tri-Flow lube, it is recommended by both Camburg and Total Chaos to use the DRY lube, for use with the Uni-Balls.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
How many people would be intrested in a 14oz Catridge (standard grease gun size) Grease tubes, of a grease that is designed specifically for use with Rubber and Polyurethane?
I know there is a lot of concern with what grease is safe to use on Poly and especially the Factory Natural Rubber. As some greases can damage the bushings.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
n00b

I'd be interested depending on price also. I'm currently using a dry lube in the form of a spray can. It lasts for a while but starts to come back. I bet the grease would last a lot longer.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered on Monday or Tuesday and got my bottle today Dan. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
this stuff works good to. Superlube's synthetic teflon(PTFE) based lube in a spray.