Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Wheeler's Off-Road (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheelers-off-road/)
-   -   Wheelers 3 leaf pack. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheelers-off-road/113505-wheelers-3-leaf-pack.html)

eight3one_offroad 09-14-2010 07:28 PM

Wheelers 3 leaf pack.
 
Hey Dan,

I'm currently running the TSB leafs in the rear and would like to replace them with your progressive 3 leaf pack, these ride not really that great. This requires removal of the whole TSB pack for the new correct?

Thanks,
Richard

Jason'sLawnCare 09-14-2010 08:50 PM

May I suggest you pm him?

eight3one_offroad 09-14-2010 09:08 PM

Yeah I should have, Im sure he will respond...

Brunes 09-15-2010 04:05 AM

No-You do not need to remove the entire TSB leaf set. Wheelers recommends removing the overload leaf to fit the the 3 leaf AAL in-which would give you 6 leaves in the rear. I kept my over load...so I have 7 leaves.


Edit- I wanna make sure I'm answering the right question. I had to take the leaves off the truck to install the 3 new leaves...but all the TSB parts were re-used.

Jason'sLawnCare 09-15-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunes (Post 2174786)
No-You do not need to remove the entire TSB leaf set. Wheelers recommends removing the overload leaf to fit the the 3 leaf AAL in-which would give you 6 leaves in the rear. I kept my over load...so I have 7 leaves.


Edit- I wanna make sure I'm answering the right question. I had to take the leaves off the truck to install the 3 new leaves...but all the TSB parts were re-used.

by keeping the overload leaf do you think you lost flex? If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?

Ridingontrd 09-15-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare (Post 2174996)
If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?

Mine doesn't.:)

Zombie Runner 09-15-2010 07:36 AM

I had their 3 pack on my last truck without the TSB leafs. so I only had 5 total. it didnt sag much when I had my 4 wheeler loaded up and it rode great. MUCH better than the shitty single AAL. Ill probably go the same rought with this truck as well.

I didnt have to take out my entire leaf pack either.
this is the guide I used but just installed the 3 pack and took out the overload leaf
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

I had to buy a cutoff wheel, grinder to cut the center pin off bc it was rusted and would not budge but other than that it was a very simple smooth install

bad pic but you can kinda tell its not saging
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...livezm3rnP.jpg

eight3one_offroad 09-15-2010 10:06 AM

Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
Richard

Brunes 09-15-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare (Post 2174996)
by keeping the overload leaf do you think you lost flex? If one were to remove the overload and have only the 6 leafs do you think it would sag like crazy under a moderate load?

It might flex a little less- but it has never prevented me from doing anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad (Post 2175732)
Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
Richard

Over all-38.5 Fender to Ground. I got 1 and 3/16 inches on one side and 1 and 6/16 on the other-Just under the advertised 1.5 inches - but that's okay cause the rear end Taco lean is gone.

YotaDan 09-15-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad (Post 2175732)
Hey guys,

Another question for you, New wheelers 3 pack + stock TSB with overload taken out equals how much rear lift? I don't want to be nose high in the rear.

Thanks,
Richard

The 3 Leaf will give about a 1.5" of lift over where the rear of the vehicle sits currently.

eight3one_offroad 09-15-2010 11:15 AM

Dan,

Is it possible to swap out the TSB leafs for the Wheeler pack? My rear is higher then front just by a hair right now, I would like a leveled stance.

Thanks for your responses,
Rich

Zombie Runner 09-15-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad (Post 2175999)
Dan,

Is it possible to swap out the TSB leafs for the Wheeler pack? My rear is higher then front just by a hair right now, I would like a leveled stance.

Thanks for your responses,
Rich

what do you mean "swap them out"? the wheelers 3 leaf pack goes WITH the regular leafs that are in there right now...just minus the overload. Once you get it in and its too tall in the rear, take one leaf out...

eight3one_offroad 09-15-2010 11:44 AM

Okay. I get it now. These go into your TSB's...

YotaDan 09-15-2010 11:48 AM

Do you have lift in the front?

eight3one_offroad 09-15-2010 11:58 AM

Yeah I'm sitting on SAW 2.0's it's about 38 inches from fender to ground... my rear is at 39". Just looking for better rear leaf packs.

YotaDan 09-15-2010 12:11 PM

Well I can't say for sure, but to stay close to the height you are at now. You may need to take the lowest leaf out of your current leaf packs, then install the 3 leaf AAL set.

Zombie Runner 09-15-2010 01:25 PM

My first set up I had a single AAL from toytec. IIRC it was a 1.5"
I ditched that for the 3 pack and it was exactly the same height as before.
thats with the non tsb leafs, 5 total after wheelers pack

with the tsb and wheelers you will have a total of 6. so it will probably sit a little higher. As Dan said, maybe take the overload and one more out if you want level

Jason'sLawnCare 09-15-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridingontrd (Post 2175162)
Mine doesn't.:)

Sweet thanks! Right now I'm seriously eyeing your rear set up. Seems to be really good bang for the buck as opposed to going fox and new pack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Runner (Post 2175177)
I had their 3 pack on my last truck without the TSB leafs. so I only had 5 total. it didnt sag much when I had my 4 wheeler loaded up and it rode great. MUCH better than the shitty single AAL. Ill probably go the same rought with this truck as well.

I didnt have to take out my entire leaf pack either.
this is the guide I used but just installed the 3 pack and took out the overload leaf
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...econd-gen.html

I had to buy a cutoff wheel, grinder to cut the center pin off bc it was rusted and would not budge but other than that it was a very simple smooth install

bad pic but you can kinda tell its not saging
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...livezm3rnP.jpg

Great info! Thanks a ton. I'm pretty much sold on the progressive aal now. Just may be a little while before I invest in rear suspension.

eight3one_offroad 09-15-2010 10:30 PM

Good info guys, this greatly helps me out.

Zombie Runner 09-16-2010 07:29 AM

Im probably going to be getting another set of these for this truck. they are so smooth :D you might wanna get extended rear brake lines, I bought a set but never put them on... these add more flex and can put stress on your lines. better to be safe than sorry. I got the lines from toytec for like 60 bucks


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.