Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #201
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Any pricing yet on the 17 inch Konigs?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #202
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
Any pricing yet on the 17 inch Konigs?
PM sent to you. I will make a new thread with pricing shortly.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #203
757MaTaco is on a distinguished road

757MaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Interested/Quote

Hello. New to the forum and new Tacoma owner. Saw the BFD wheels and extremely interested. Could you provide a quote on 18" bronze or black wheels to Chesapeake, VA (23320)? Truck is currently at stock height. What is the max size tire that I can run safely on 18" wheel? Thx.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #204
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757MaTaco View Post
Hello. New to the forum and new Tacoma owner. Saw the BFD wheels and extremely interested. Could you provide a quote on 18" bronze or black wheels to Chesapeake, VA (23320)? Truck is currently at stock height. What is the max size tire that I can run safely on 18" wheel? Thx.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Tacomas and welcome to TacomaWorld Forums. =) I just sent you a PM with the information you are requesting.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #205
PARTS HOARDER

Stock Tacoma w/ 18x9" FN Wheels BFD wheels and 265/60R18 Cooper AT3 tires:

Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #206
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
they look bigger than 265/60/18. Looks good!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #207
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
they look bigger than 265/60/18. Looks good!
I agree! I was really happy with the way everything came together. I think the sidewall and the all-terrain tread pattern on these Coopers makes the tire look much bigger than a normal 60-series. This truck is completely stock too, with almost 100,000 miles on stock suspension, and there is absolutely no rubbing with this wheel/tire setup.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #208
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Those look good i like it. Is your truck? I thought you had a trd sport.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #209
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Those look good i like it. Is your truck? I thought you had a trd sport.
It's a customer / friend's truck. She used to have Countersteer Offroads, but she wanted to change to BFDs.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #210
PARTS HOARDER

FN Wheels is gauging interest in a new color for the 18x9" BFD - dark metallic blue (aka magnesium blue or mag blue). They will need seven (7) customers in order to offer this color as a factory finish at no extra charge. Here are a few samples photos showcasing the BFD wheels in this color:

Please PM me if you are interested in this color.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #211
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
They look black. I'm saving for the graphite ones.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #212
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaddy View Post
probably just the lighting
Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #213
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just got home and they look much better on the computer screen. i bet they look really sick in person.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #214
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
FN Wheels is gauging interest in a new color for the 18x9" BFD - dark metallic blue (aka magnesium blue or mag blue). They will need seven (7) customers in order to offer this color as a factory finish at no extra charge. Here are a few samples photos showcasing the BFD wheels in this color:

Please PM me if you are interested in this color.
SICKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #215
ares650 is on a distinguished road
ares650's Tacoma Gallery
That New Color is very Hot!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #216
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
How come they look so much darker than the picture posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE???
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 AM   #217
redz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to beholdredz80 is a splendid one to behold

redz80's Tacoma Gallery
very nice wheels
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #218
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
They are very dark, but as mentioned below it could be the lighting or the settings on your screen making them look black (also I see below that they looked better once you saw them on your computer - maybe you were looking at them on a cell phone).

Graphite is a good choice too! I would say that this color of blue is as dark as the graphite gunmetal, but the graphite has the grey metallic hue, and these have a blue metallic hue. In terms of darkness they're pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE View Post
probably just the lighting
Agreed, or maybe the screen brightness / contrast settings. I will try to take some more photos today in different lighting.

Quote:
just got home and they look much better on the computer screen. i bet they look really sick in person.
They look the best in person. Even with a pretty decent camera I can only get the color to come out "so well." In person this color really pops. To describe it - you think it's black if you see it in the shade or at night, and then in indirect sunlight you can tell the color is different from a black wheel. When the sun hits the wheels directly the metallic stands out subtly (not blingin'), and then you can see the dark / midnight metallic blue.

If you look up Rays Engineering / Volk Racing's color of magnesium blue this is the same exact finish. We used a magnesium blue color chip to match up with this color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
SICKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares650 View Post
That New Color is very Hot!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you like the color too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo02cop View Post
How come they look so much darker than the picture posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE???
I'm not sure. It could be the lighting or camera settings, or it's possible DATZ WEAKSAUCE had his wheels powder coated a slightly different color. This color is not a factory finish yet. DATZ WEAKSAUCE had his wheels powder coated at his local powder coater in Northern California independently of FN Wheels' powder coater in Southern California.

If enough customers would like to order this color as a factory finish (about 5-7 customers would be needed for a production run), the wheels will be finished in dark metallic blue in the factory, and the color will be the same as the powder coated set that I posted. If there's not enough demand to have the color produced as a factory finish, we can always have the wheels powder coated this color (or any color) locally. The cost for powder coating is usually $65 per wheel for standard colors, but a special metallic color such as the dark metallic blue is about $80 per wheel. If the color can be offered as a factory finish there is no additional cost to the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz80 View Post
very nice wheels
Thank you. I am glad to hear that you like them.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #219
juan01 is on a distinguished road

juan01's Tacoma Gallery
The mag blue is niceeeeee!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #220
Just call me Daddy

Is the color like this?