Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #221
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaddy View Post

Is the color like this?
That's correct
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #222
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
damn... im changing my mind by the minute
Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #223
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
damn... im changing my mind by the minute
I don't blame you. Having multiple choices sometimes complicates the decision, especially when all of the color choices are good options.

Also, please keep in mind that we're trying to gauge interest on the magnesium blue color. If we don't get the minimum number of orders for a production run we'll only be able to offer the color as a custom powder coated finish.

*Edited:* Since you are in San Diego feel free to call me up and set up a time to check out the different colors next to your truck. I can hold one of each color up to your truck for you.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #224
Norville is on a distinguished road
Name: Art
Norville's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
When I tested 265/65R18 on a stock Tacoma it rubbed only with the steering wheel turned in reverse. Driving straight or turning / parking going forward did not produce any rubbing.
Sorry, maybe it's late, but how does it rub only in reverse while turning?

I'll probably pick up a magnetic gray 2012/2013 double cab short bed sport and looked through a lot of your threads. Was there a post of one with matte black BFD's and the 265/65R18's? I think I saw one with an access cab but may have been closer to stock size in one of your threads.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #225
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
I don't blame you. Having multiple choices sometimes complicates the decision, especially when all of the color choices are good options.

Also, please keep in mind that we're trying to gauge interest on the magnesium blue color. If we don't get the minimum number of orders for a production run we'll only be able to offer the color as a custom powder coated finish.

*Edited:* Since you are in San Diego feel free to call me up and set up a time to check out the different colors next to your truck. I can hold one of each color up to your truck for you.
That's awesome man. Thanks! I should have the money for these bad boys in a few more weeks.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #226
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norville View Post
Sorry, maybe it's late, but how does it rub only in reverse while turning?

I'll probably pick up a magnetic gray 2012/2013 double cab short bed sport and looked through a lot of your threads. Was there a post of one with matte black BFD's and the 265/65R18's? I think I saw one with an access cab but may have been closer to stock size in one of your threads.
Hi, and no problem - it's never too late to ask a good question. I tested every possible scenario with 265/60R18 and 265/65R18 on a stock 2006+ Tacoma. The only rubbing occurred with 265/65R18 (taller than stock size) tires when backing up with the steering wheel turned more than 50% (possibly cranked more than 60%) backing out of a parking spot. The rubbing was slight. There was no rubbing under any other circumstance, including hard U-turns, going over speed bumps, going up steep driveways with the steering wheel cranked, etc.

I'm not sure exactly to which photo of matte black BFDs on an access cab you are referring, but I'll go through the threads and my saved photos to see if I can determine the tire size from the photo.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all, and I think you're making a good choice on your new truck.

Quote:
That's awesome man. Thanks! I should have the money for these bad boys in a few more weeks.
No problem at all. Just PM or call me whenever you're ready. My offer to show you the wheels next to your truck is always free too - no purchase necessary.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #227
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Did you test a 285/60/18 tire as well?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #228
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
Did you test a 285/60/18 tire as well?
I have not tested 285/60R18. If I can get ahold of a 285/60R18 I will test it out and report my findings. I haven't seen too many guys running 285/60R18, so I hadn't thought about testing that size.

If anyone local to Southern California is reading this post and you have set or even a pair of 285/60R18 that I can test please PM me.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #229
bivey will become famous soon enoughbivey will become famous soon enough

bivey's Tacoma Gallery
I like the blue.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #230
Detroit Blue is on a distinguished road

Detroit Blue's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!
Does the black or blue or gunmetal go with Speedway Blue?
I gotta get me some now!
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #231
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Blue View Post
HELP!
Does the black or blue or gunmetal go with Speedway Blue?
I gotta get me some now!
The blue would definitely be too much on a Speedway Blue Tacoma (in my opinion).

Matte black would be the best. Gunmetal won't look bad, but I think matte black will look better.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #232
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
I think the new blue BFD would look sick on super white and silver.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #233
Detroit Blue is on a distinguished road

Detroit Blue's Tacoma Gallery
yup matte black
Old 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #234
Just call me Daddy

if i had a dark truck i'd definitely get the hyper silver
Old 08-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #236
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
omg. the wheels look definitely cool but $1100 for a set??? damn. thats 2 sets of rims, or one cheap set of tires. too rich for my blood
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #237
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
omg. the wheels look definitely cool but $1100 for a set??? damn. thats 2 sets of rims, or one cheap set of tires. too rich for my blood
Guess it's all relative bro. The wheels on my other cars are between $2-3k/wheel. I thought the FN offerings were pretty well priced and accessible.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #238
ares650 is on a distinguished road
ares650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
Some Wheels are more and some are less.... but for $1100 for centering ring and lugs is not a bad price. I would buy my bfd wheels over and over. It always is nice when you don't see someone else with your same wheels. I add customize are cars sometimes to stand a part, its about what we feel good with. But sometimes you spend 2-3k on wheels.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #239
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
atc finally came thru with my tires i installed em today some quick teaser shots lol ill snap some more when i detail the truck its filthy right now

Old 08-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #240
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
^ Looks good. Can't wait to see more pics.