Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #241
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
omg. the wheels look definitely cool but $1100 for a set??? damn. thats 2 sets of rims, or one cheap set of tires. too rich for my blood
I'm glad you like the BFD wheels. I respect your opinion on the price, but in my opinion, the price is fair relative to the quality you're getting.

The BFDs are not a made in China commodity wheel. Inexpensive, Chinese-manufactured wheels are mass produced and usually sell for a small premium relative to their aluminum content. Some "brand name" wheels sell for a higher premium, but this has more to do with brand imaging and less to do with quality.

The BFDs are counter-pressure cast (rather than gravity cast) in smaller, quality-controlled quantities in a high-tech facility in Taiwan (there is a big difference between Taiwan production methods and main-land China production). This allows an 18x9" BFD to have a load rating of 955kg+, to be tested and approved for use with tire diameters up to 37", and yet the BFD weighs significantly less than the average 16x8" wheel from almost all other manufacturers, let alone compared to a typical 17" or 18" wheel. The BFD also has JWL-T, VIA, TUV, and SAE J2530 certifications.

Again, I definitely understand your opinion, but I just wanted to clarify that with the BFD you are getting a lot of bang for your buck (beyond just a cool looking wheel), but I do understand that it's not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Guess it's all relative bro. The wheels on my other cars are between $2-3k/wheel. I thought the FN offerings were pretty well priced and accessible.

Thank you Dave. It means a lot coming from you too, especially with your experience with ultra-high end / exotic cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares650 View Post
Some Wheels are more and some are less.... but for $1100 for centering ring and lugs is not a bad price. I would buy my bfd wheels over and over. It always is nice when you don't see someone else with your same wheels. I add customize are cars sometimes to stand a part, its about what we feel good with. But sometimes you spend 2-3k on wheels.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that too! I also agree that it's nice to have a certain degree of exclusivity. The BFD wheel wasn't priced to exclude anyone, but inevitably the cheaper wheels are more commonly bought and sold, and nicer, higher end wheels that cost a bit more are less common.

As you mentioned this is an added bonus, since you are less likely to get "bored" of your wheels vs. a set of common wheels that your local national chain retailer sales man pushes on every truck that comes in for a new set of tires. I know of 4 or 5 different trucks that have the same certain sets of black wheels with plastic rivets that I see every day just on my way back and forth to my office.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #242
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DATZ WEAKSAUCE View Post
atc finally came thru with my tires i installed em today some quick teaser shots lol ill snap some more when i detail the truck its filthy right now

Can't wait to see more pics!!! Especially some outside ones!!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #243
rudy0077 is on a distinguished road

Army: 404th Airborne
Name: Rudy
rudy0077's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Price is more than fair, not tem mention the 1st class custome rservice you get with the purchase, BEFORE AND AFTER PURCHASE.
I purchased my wheels 3 months ago and they have been answering all my questions since.
THANKS BRIAN AND DUSTIN, you guys are awesome !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
18x9 BFD Wheels-2012-05-17_12-39-20_69.jpg   18x9 BFD Wheels-2012-05-12_15-56-50_133.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #244
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy0077 View Post
Price is more than fair, not tem mention the 1st class custome rservice you get with the purchase, BEFORE AND AFTER PURCHASE.
I purchased my wheels 3 months ago and they have been answering all my questions since.
THANKS BRIAN AND DUSTIN, you guys are awesome !!!!

Thank you Rudy!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #246
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
quick shot before leaving work today

Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #247
ares650 is on a distinguished road
ares650's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

the blue has a nice spin to it....:thu mbsup:
Old 08-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #249
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone with Dustin and tomorrow, I will be the proud owner of some BFD wheels!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #250
JoedyV is on a distinguished road
Name: Joedy
JoedyV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Awesome looking!! A real head turner.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #251
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
I'd love to see some more photos! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
SUBD!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaddy View Post
Just got off the phone with Dustin and tomorrow, I will be the proud owner of some BFD wheels!
I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Thanks again!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #252
boostfed is on a distinguished road
boostfed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

what color'd you get??
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #253
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfed View Post
what color'd you get??
picked up the dark metallic grey this afternoon. the FN guys are cool as hell. tires tomorrow
Old 08-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #254
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
picked up the dark metallic grey this afternoon. the FN guys are cool as hell. tires tomorrow
Thank you sir! I don't consider us to be cool. I think you're much cooler than we are.

I'm anxious to see the wheels on your truck. You're going to have to do a build thread with all of your custom work for everyone to see too!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #255
DATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud ofDATZ WEAKSAUCE has much to be proud of
DATZ WEAKSAUCE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
I'd love to see some more photos! =)

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Thanks again!
for shure man as soon as i get done moving and all that ill have my buddy snap some pics for me
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #256
Just call me Daddy

the finished product! Thanks FN wheels!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #257
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
the finished product! Thanks FN wheels!
Thanks Brian! Your truck looks great!
Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #258
ashman5 is on a distinguished road
ashman5's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a quote on Graphite Gunmetal 18x9 BFD to 35603? Estimated delivery duration?

thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #259
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman5 View Post
Can I get a quote on Graphite Gunmetal 18x9 BFD to 35603? Estimated delivery duration?

thanks
Thank you for your order!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #260
PARTS HOARDER

08/27/2012:

Graphite gunmetal, matte black and matte bronze 18x9" 6x139.7 0mm offset FN Wheels BFDs are currently sold out. Please PM me or call me to pre-order a set. The next shipment will be arriving within 60-90 days.

Titanium silver is still available for anyone who wants a set!

Thanks everyone!