Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #361
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Super clean! You have my favorite A/T tires too. Thank you for posting your photos! I wish I could come to Hawaii and hit the trails with all of you guys. The scenery is so beautiful!

Take your time and don't worry, we'll be here when you're ready.

Badass dude! I love it! I'm glad everything came together for you.
Thanks, I was not going to give up after hanging on to these wheels for a whole year before finally installing them.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #362
AggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura aboutAggiePilot12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
AggiePilot12's Tacoma Gallery
Any 1st gen Tacomas out there with these? What are y'alls opinion on good color rim to go with my Lunar Mist Double Cab with black flares?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #363
bmrboz is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
bmrboz's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have these in Black on a SuperWhite? I have only been able to find Gunmetal, silver and bronze.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #364
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
Thanks, I was not going to give up after hanging on to these wheels for a whole year before finally installing them.
I'm glad you didn't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggiePilot12 View Post
Any 1st gen Tacomas out there with these? What are y'alls opinion on good color rim to go with my Lunar Mist Double Cab with black flares?
I would definitely go with matte black. Graphite gunmetal wouldn't look bad either, but I think matte black would look the best.

I have sold a few sets to First Generation Tacoma owners, but I haven't received any pictures from them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrboz View Post
Does anyone have these in Black on a SuperWhite? I have only been able to find Gunmetal, silver and bronze.
I will look through my photos and see if I can find some for you. As common as you'd think this color combination would be, I'm actually not sure if it's been done before. Matte bronze has definitely been the most popular color for Super White. I think matte black would look great too.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #365
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMs sent to everyone who inquired! Thank you all.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #366
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
I LOVE these wheels... almost a perfect match for MGM

And be sure to order up a 5th wheel for a spare so your fitment matches when you get a flat. Nothing like having an awkward stance or track if you have a blowout or puncture. I wish I had a set of black too so I could change the look and go back between color match and contrast whenever I want. They have just the right amount of poke too when you lift it so it feels super stable at higher speeds and cornering or with a load.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #367
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
And be sure to order up a 5th wheel for a spare so your fitment matches when you get a flat. Nothing like having an awkward stance or track if you have a blowout or puncture. I wish I had a set of black too so I could change the look and go back between color match and contrast whenever I want. They have just the right amount of poke too when you lift it so it feels super stable at higher speeds and cornering or with a load.
Your truck looks great! I'm glad your happy with the color and fitment. Thank you for the photos and the kind words! Nice R8 too!

If you ever want a second set in black just let me know. I'd be happy to get one out to you.

P.S. I noticed your XD sticker on the back window. I'm a big fan too.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #368
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post

I think our trucks must be cousins... or at least we both have excellent taste in color & mods.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #369
PARTS HOARDER

PMs sent to everyone inquiring. Thank you all!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #370
m32 is on a distinguished road

Name: Edwin
m32's Tacoma Gallery
Any bronze or gunmetal left? If so, please pm me the price for a set. Thanks!

Edwin
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #371

m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy0077 View Post
Price is more than fair, not tem mention the 1st class custome rservice you get with the purchase, BEFORE AND AFTER PURCHASE.
I purchased my wheels 3 months ago and they have been answering all my questions since.
THANKS BRIAN AND DUSTIN, you guys are awesome !!!!
What size wheels/lift are you running? Looks great!

edwin
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #372
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Any bronze or gunmetal left? If so, please pm me the price for a set. Thanks!

Edwin
Thank you for ordering a set Edwin!

Current inventory as of today 02/12/2013:

FN Wheels BFD - 18x9" 6x139.7 0mm offset 5.5" backspacing
-Graphite Gunmetal : 4 wheels
-Matte Black : 6 wheels
-Matte Bronze : 4 wheels
-Titanium Silver : 4 wheels
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #373

m32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for ordering a set Edwin!

Current inventory as of today 02/12/2013:

FN Wheels BFD - 18x9" 6x139.7 0mm offset 5.5" backspacing
-Graphite Gunmetal : 4 wheels
-Matte Black : 6 wheels
-Matte Bronze : 4 wheels
-Titanium Silver : 4 wheels
Thanks Dustin! Btw, is it 4 wheels or 4 sets?

Edwin
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #374
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by m32 View Post
Thanks Dustin! Btw, is it 4 wheels or 4 sets?

Edwin
My supply is very low right now. The quantities listed are pieces (individual wheels), so I'm down to my last set in all colors right now.

FN Wheels has more BFDs in production right now, and the inventory will be replenished in March. You got the second to the last set of matte bronze until March.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #375
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I love the look of these would they look good on a SWB in graphite? would you suggest these or the konig countersteers for off-road/trail use? Which will hold up better in general or should I be looking at others? I am pretty careful about my rims overall (have zero rash or pitting on my current rims).
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #376
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Hey I love the look of these would they look good on a SWB in graphite? would you suggest these or the konig countersteers for off-road/trail use? Which will hold up better in general or should I be looking at others? I am pretty careful about my rims overall (have zero rash or pitting on my current rims).
Good questions!

I think dark colored wheels look really good on Speed Way Blue, so I think the dark graphite gunmetal BFDs would be a great choice for your SWB Tacoma.

The BFD is a stronger wheel than the Konig Countersteer Offroad (different manufacturing process), but the Countersteer Offroad is still plenty capable for off-road and trail use. The main thing to consider would be whether or not you want to go with a smaller diameter (16" Countersteer offroad) or larger diameter (18" for the FN Wheels BFD).

The BFD can take more abuse than the CSO, but the tires for 18" wheels will have less sidewall than a comparable diameter for 16" wheels. Do you need more sidewall flex for the type of trails you'll be driving?

Personally I like the look of longer spokes with the 18" design of the BFD, and I'm OK with the amount of sidewall that I have with my 285/65R18 tires. But some guys that frequent more intense trails need more sidewall, so 285/75R16 tires give them what they need.

I'll send you a PM, and we'll figure out what will work the best for you.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #377
cc1999 is on a distinguished road

cc1999's Tacoma Gallery
I have been thinking about getting some of these wheels for my 2010 Land Cruiser.

Do you have any pics of these on a late model LC?
Why are the majority of the pics around the Web without any center caps.
Do you have any pics of the 5 lug wheels like these with the center caps on? Maybe even on a LC, Tundra, or Sequoia?

My LC is Supera White, I am leaning toward the Titanium or the Silver. So many of the wheels designed to fit the 5 Lug Toyota Truck hubs have huge center caps, that totaly change the looks of the wheels from the pictures.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #378
PARTS HOARDER

All PM's have been answered.

As of today - all 6x139.7mm BFDs are sold out. The next production run is expected to arrive in approximately 2-4 weeks. I am taking pre-orders now.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #379
sodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant future

sodoscott's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
All PM's have been answered.

As of today - all 6x139.7mm BFDs are sold out. The next production run is expected to arrive in approximately 2-4 weeks. I am taking pre-orders now.

Thanks everyone!

count me !!! i will pick up ! i need bronze 18"
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #380
rka is on a distinguished road
Name: Rylan
rka's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious to see matte bronze on a black taco. Anyone try that color combo JdMeF9SiR2?