Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #461
Bronze Ambassador
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Oh nice! I have the ProComp DB with 6-7" Icons up front, basically what you will have minus the UCAs.

Looks like ProComp has removed the wheel specs from their website, but it used to say 17" wheels or larger with a min-max back spacing is 4.0-4.65 inches. BFDs have a backspacing of 5"... Just a bit too deep.

Test fitting the wheels, they clear everything fine, but fitment will most likely depend on your tire choice. It looks to me that larger tires will rub on the sway bar linkage. Not sure if there is a difference with your UCAs... I ordered a set of 1" spacers, hoping they will be here next week. Once they arrive I will have wheels and tires mounted up, and be able to answer the fitment question.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #462
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
nice! yeah if im going up i would like to atleast stay with a 33" equivalent. with the setup im using now im running 285/75/16. with the new setup i wouldnt want to go less than that, sonin other word, 285/65/18.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #463
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
Depends on the back spacing requirements of the db lift you're going with. I was able to use mine on the RCD kit which required a 17x8 wheel with min. 4.5" backspacing. BFD wheels are 18x9 with 5" back spacing.
Quote:
You should be fine with the 1.25 spacers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Oh nice! I have the ProComp DB with 6-7" Icons up front, basically what you will have minus the UCAs.

Looks like ProComp has removed the wheel specs from their website, but it used to say 17" wheels or larger with a min-max back spacing is 4.0-4.65 inches. BFDs have a backspacing of 5"... Just a bit too deep.

Test fitting the wheels, they clear everything fine, but fitment will most likely depend on your tire choice. It looks to me that larger tires will rub on the sway bar linkage. Not sure if there is a difference with your UCAs... I ordered a set of 1" spacers, hoping they will be here next week. Once they arrive I will have wheels and tires mounted up, and be able to answer the fitment question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
nice! yeah if im going up i would like to atleast stay with a 33" equivalent. with the setup im using now im running 285/75/16. with the new setup i wouldnt want to go less than that, sonin other word, 285/65/18.
Lots of good information in the quotes above. Thank you flatfeet and BeePee for helping me out with the information.

Xer0 SiN - I don't think you'd have an issue with 285/65R18 tires, since most of the guys with 6" + lift are going with 35's and something a little wider too. However, I haven't tested every tire with every 6" drop bracket lift, so there might be some clearance issues that would necessitate wheel spacers.

If the manufacturer of your lift recommends 4.5" of back spacing and you don't mind installing spacers, there is no reason why you should have any issues if you install a 1" or 1.25" wheel spacer (even a .5" would technically work, but given the short studs of the Tacoma I'd recommend a 1.0" or 1.25" wheel spacer with built in wheel studs, otherwise you'd need to install extended studs with the .5" wheel spacer). The BFDs have 5" back spacing, so all you would do is subtract the thickness of the spacers from the backspacing to determine your new back spacing (as you mentioned).

What I would personally recommend - order the wheels and tires that you want to use. After installing your lift test fit two of the wheels without mounting a tire. Check for any clearance issues. Then mount up two of the wheels with tires and check for clearance issues. If nothing rubs you're good to go. If it does rub, you can order the appropriate wheel spacers to alleviate the rubbing.

If you want a 17" design that is similar and lightweight, and soon to be available in 17x8" with 4.5" back spacing, we will have the Konig Six Shooters in stock in these specs in June.

However, I'm personally very partial to the BFDs, and I think they'd look great on your truck.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #464
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

i know its kind of a stretch but is it possible to ask for a 18x10 -25mm backspace? >=). just imagine the aggressiveness and concavity of the rims! i would order a set no questions asked lol. im sure if would be very popular amost us drop bracket guys LOL.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #465
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i know its kind of a stretch but is it possible to ask for a 18x10 -25mm backspace? >=). just imagine the aggressiveness and concavity of the rims! i would order a set no questions asked lol. im sure if would be very popular amost us drop bracket guys LOL.
I second that request!!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #466

LOL. i only ask because in all honesty, when it comes to wheels, at 10" and wider we get severely limited in our options. im not really fond of fuel wheels (with the exception of 'trophy', the forged version), and i dont have the budget to be dropping 2-3k for a set of welds everytime i want a new set of wheels. i really like this look that youre offering and i feel your prices are very reasonable for what you bring to the table. just some food for thought .
Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #467
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
I second that request!!
Quote:
LOL. i only ask because in all honesty, when it comes to wheels, at 10" and wider we get severely limited in our options. im not really fond of fuel wheels (with the exception of 'trophy', the forged version), and i dont have the budget to be dropping 2-3k for a set of welds everytime i want a new set of wheels. i really like this look that youre offering and i feel your prices are very reasonable for what you bring to the table. just some food for thought .
Thanks guys.

We can do it, but the mould development and construction costs are pretty high. Even though the design would be very similar, it would still require us to pay for engineering, testing, certification and mould construction before we are able to manufacture a single wheel to sell.

If I can get about 100 wheels sold up front (paid in full in advance or at least a 50% deposit in advance) I can spread the cost of development out across the wheels and not really have to charge any extra to make a totally new size such as the 18x10" -25mm offset that you want. There would be a wait time of approximately 6-9 months from the day that we get started until the wheels are shipping out to customers.

I love coming out with new stuff, and I'd love to make a super aggressive fitment for you monster truck guys.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #468
kankaloo has a spectacular aura aboutkankaloo has a spectacular aura about
kankaloo's Tacoma Gallery
Gunmetal Graphite.. Thanks to Dustin and his crew.. Wifey loved them aswell...
Attached Thumbnails
18x9 BFD Wheels-bfd-wheel-4.jpg   18x9 BFD Wheels-bfd-wheel-2.jpg   18x9 BFD Wheels-bfd-wheel-3.jpg  
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #469
Keith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Keith120286's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kankaloo View Post
Looks good. Is your truck lifted?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post
Looks good. Is your truck lifted?
Thanks..just a lift spacers and blocks for now, bought the truck with those installed already... Coilovers and AAL are on the list..
Old 06-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #471
Digit will become famous soon enoughDigit will become famous soon enough
Digit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks really good. What size are those tires?
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
Looks really good. What size are those tires?
Thanks. LT285/65/18 Toyo open country Xtreme.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #473
Stew Fidaso is on a distinguished road

Stew Fidaso's Tacoma Gallery
Hello. Do you still have a set of the matte black? Thank you.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #474
Digit will become famous soon enoughDigit will become famous soon enough
Digit's Tacoma Gallery
I have 09 MGM DCLB TRD sport and can't decide between matte black or Graphite gunmetal. I have 5100's set at 1.75" to level and don't want to do too much trimming. I was thinking of 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers or Cooper Zeon LTZ's. Although 275/65 and 285/65 that I've seen here look really good too. Does anyone have any pics with these combos (not necessarily tires but truck color and wheels).
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #475
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Thank you Glenn! We were really happy with the way your truck came out. Those Toyo tires are really nice! They compliment the BFDs really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Fidaso View Post
Hello. Do you still have a set of the matte black? Thank you.
I'm currently sold out, but I will have the wheels back in stock by 6/14. I sent you a PM with more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
I have 09 MGM DCLB TRD sport and can't decide between matte black or Graphite gunmetal. I have 5100's set at 1.75" to level and don't want to do too much trimming. I was thinking of 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers or Cooper Zeon LTZ's. Although 275/65 and 285/65 that I've seen here look really good too. Does anyone have any pics with these combos (not necessarily tires but truck color and wheels).
I believe you'd be most happy with 275/65R18. This tire size looks really good with that lift, and only minimal to no modifications are required (usually just removing the mud flaps and a small nub from the fender liner - if at all). 285/60R18 is slightly shorter and a little wider. I think you'd like the look and the fitment better with 275/65R18.

The Nitto Terra Grapplers are one of my favorite tires (I have them on my truck), and the Cooper Zeon LTZs are really good tires too (I have had the Coopers in the past), but I think the LTZ might not be available in 275/65R18. In which case, check out the Cooper AT3 which is very similar to the Nitto Terra Grappler. You might also like the Toyo AT-II as well. Those three are very similar tires.

Here's a magnetic grey metallic Tacoma with the BFDs in graphite gunmetal:

I believe I have some photos of MGM Tacomas with matte black BFDs too, so I'll do some digging and see what I can find for you.

My personal preference would be the graphite wheels on an MGM Tacoma.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #476
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Love the SoCal sticker too!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #477
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Love the SoCal sticker too!
Agreed! Very cool stickers.

Here are a few more photos of his truck that I snapped as he was leaving:

Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #478
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Agreed! Very cool stickers.

Here are a few more photos of his truck that I snapped as he was leaving:

I havea pretty much stock 2010 TRD sport. That is exactly what I want mine to look like, height badges etc....
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #479
Ebanks is on a distinguished road
Ebanks's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any pics of these wheels on stock suspension with a 275/65-18?

I have a 2013 Limited Double Cab with the factory 265/60-18 and am debating ordering these wheels and using my stock tires until the run out or buying new tires and letting my brand new trucks tires go to waste... I think the 275-65-18, even though only 1.5" bigger diameter, would look considerably better than the OEM Duelers.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #480
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sick!!