Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #481
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
fanastic combo

Wish Toyo made these in C load LT

Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #482
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebanks View Post
Anyone have any pics of these wheels on stock suspension with a 275/65-18?

I have a 2013 Limited Double Cab with the factory 265/60-18 and am debating ordering these wheels and using my stock tires until the run out or buying new tires and letting my brand new trucks tires go to waste... I think the 275-65-18, even though only 1.5" bigger diameter, would look considerably better than the OEM Duelers.
This is Dave's (S7ICKlVlAN on this forum) truck with 18x9" FN Wheels BFDs, 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs, and stock suspension in these photos (some of the photos we've posted of his truck are after he installed his lift, but these photos below are pre-lift):

Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #483
Stew Fidaso is on a distinguished road

Stew Fidaso's Tacoma Gallery
What is the size of this tire? How high also is the lift? The truck that has the toyo extreme tires. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #484
Ebanks is on a distinguished road
Ebanks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
This is Dave's (S7ICKlVlAN on this forum) truck with 18x9" FN Wheels BFDs, 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs, and stock suspension in these photos (some of the photos we've posted of his truck are after he installed his lift, but these photos below are pre-lift):

Thanks! Any idea what trimming, if any, was necessary with this setup?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #485
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Fidaso View Post
What is the size of this tire? How high also is the lift? The truck that has the toyo extreme tires. Thanks.
The black truck with the Toyo A/T II Extremes (two posts up, and then a few posts before that as well) has just a basic 2" - 2.5" shock mount spacer leveling kit and 285/65R18 tires. We only had to do very minor trimming on the fender liner and a small amount on the over fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebanks View Post
Thanks! Any idea what trimming, if any, was necessary with this setup?
The white truck with bronze BFDs has stock suspension and 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs in the photos I posted just a couple of posts above. He did have to do some trimming on the front of the fender liner and the front and back of the front over fenders. Mud flaps also needed to be removed. The trimming required isn't major, and it's not noticeable from outside the truck.

This is all with stock suspension and 275/65R18 tires. If you ever lift your truck even just a little bit (1.25" - 1.75") very little to no trimming is necessary with this tire size.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #486
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The black truck with the Toyo A/T II Extremes (two posts up, and then a few posts before that as well) has just a basic 2" - 2.5" shock mount spacer leveling kit and 285/65R18 tires. We only had to do very minor trimming on the fender liner and a small amount on the over fender.

The white truck with bronze BFDs has stock suspension and 275/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs in the photos I posted just a couple of posts above. He did have to do some trimming on the front of the fender liner and the front and back of the front over fenders. Mud flaps also needed to be removed. The trimming required isn't major, and it's not noticeable from outside the truck.

This is all with stock suspension and 275/65R18 tires. If you ever lift your truck even just a little bit (1.25" - 1.75") very little to no trimming is necessary with this tire size.
I am looking at getting a 2" leveling kit, and want to know what size tires to get on my stock TRD Sport rims. Prerunner, SR5, TRD Sport DCSB. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #487
Digit will become famous soon enoughDigit will become famous soon enough
Digit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed! Very cool stickers.

Here are a few more photos of his truck that I snapped as he was leaving:

That's awesome. I wish I could squeeze this combo on my setup but I think it might be too tight. What's the situation on your stock. You'll have matte black 06/14. What about graphite stock?
BTW... Did you find any pics of MGM and blacks?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #488
Digit will become famous soon enoughDigit will become famous soon enough
Digit's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd you.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #489
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
How much for rims and to ship these rims to honolulu hawaii?? Also what's the difference between the off road and BFD?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #490
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
That's awesome. I wish I could squeeze this combo on my setup but I think it might be too tight. What's the situation on your stock. You'll have matte black 06/14. What about graphite stock?
BTW... Did you find any pics of MGM and blacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
PM'd you.
Matte black and graphite gunmetal are back in stock as of today, 6/10.

You can fit 285/65R18 A/T tires on your setup with some minor fender liner / over fender trimming + mud flap removal. PM / phone call sent to you. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs2012 View Post
How much for rims and to ship these rims to honolulu hawaii?? Also what's the difference between the off road and BFD?
PM sent to you.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #491
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any exp with Kenda klever tires? I am kinda on a limited budget to get some tires before getting moved to Guam. The sales guy today introduced me to them. They look agressive enough and from what I've read have very little road noise.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #492
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Anyone have any exp with Kenda klever tires? I am kinda on a limited budget to get some tires before getting moved to Guam. The sales guy today introduced me to them. They look agressive enough and from what I've read have very little road noise.
I don't have any personal experience with Kenda tires. I just tried to call Kenda directly to ask them some questions for you, and I wasn't able to get through to anyone in their corporate offices in Ohio.

Sorry about that. I will say that for inexpensive tires of decent quality, Hankook usually can't be beat (in my experience).
Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #493
So Cal Edition
Navy:
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't have any personal experience with Kenda tires. I just tried to call Kenda directly to ask them some questions for you, and I wasn't able to get through to anyone in their corporate offices in Ohio.

Sorry about that. I will say that for inexpensive tires of decent quality, Hankook usually can't be beat (in my experience).
Thanks for trying Jd!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #494
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift needed to fit these wheels with nitto trail grapplers. I was thinking of going with a 3 inch lift lmk any info is appreciated guys thanks
Old 06-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #495
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Yessssssssss!

more pics this weekend.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #496
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Thanks for trying Jd!
No problem! If you do try a set of those tires please let me know your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs2012 View Post
How much lift needed to fit these wheels with nitto trail grapplers. I was thinking of going with a 3 inch lift lmk any info is appreciated guys thanks
LT285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers? 2"+ of lift would be sufficient, 2.5"- 3.0" would be great. Since the Trail Grapplers are quite aggressive and run a bit tall and wide (compared to say, Nitto Terra Grapplers), you might have a little bit of rubbing on the cab-mount at full steering wheel lock with these tires in this size.

You'll definitely have to trim some of the fender liner and plastic over fender as well.

Here's one of my customers with Trail Grapplers and BFDs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Yessssssssss!

more pics this weekend.

I've been waiting for this!!! Can't wait to see more!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #497
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Love.

Thanks again Dustin, sorry I made you wait so long for the results!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #498
thatcarolinaboy will become famous soon enoughthatcarolinaboy will become famous soon enough

Name: Toby
thatcarolinaboy's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd ya about a set. Get back to me when ya can.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #499
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Thanks again Dustin, sorry I made you wait so long for the results!
No problem! Well worth the wait!!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcarolinaboy View Post
PM'd ya about a set. Get back to me when ya can.
PM sent to you! Thank you too!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #500
nugget is on a distinguished road
nugget's Tacoma Gallery
You got PM!