Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

18x9 BFD Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #61
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
All PM's and E-mails replied
Old 03-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #62
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TGIF!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #65
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
I can't wait for my new kicks....Have a great weekend guys. Thanks.
Quote:
B you got the weights for these wheels? Any chance they're lighter than the stock 17" TRD's?
Hi David,

Your wheels were shipped out yesterday. The BFD wheels weigh 22lbs and 6oz. They're are lighter by 5-7lbs.

Have a nice weekend!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #67
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Sweet thanks. 5-7lbs of unsprung weight is good stuff. Mahalo!
Thank you too! And I agree, 5-7lbs translates to noticeable acceleration improvement. Gas mileage should be better too, but I cannot say by how much.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new Bronze BFD's within 3 working days of payment.....Awesome service, feedback, shipping.

These wheels are light! I'm so glad not everything I'm changing on my Taco weighs more than stock. Thanks D&B!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #69
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Got my new Bronze BFD's within 3 working days of payment.....Awesome service, feedback, shipping.

These wheels are light! I'm so glad not everything I'm changing on my Taco weighs more than stock. Thanks D&B!
Wow, I didn't expect them to get to Hawaii so quickly! You are welcome, and thank you too!!! I think you will feel a noticeable difference with the lighter wheels. Please post some photos of your truck when you can!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #70
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Wow, I didn't expect them to get to Hawaii so quickly! You are welcome, and thank you too!!! I think you will feel a noticeable difference with the lighter wheels. Please post some photos of your truck when you can!
Sounds good B. I'll take some legit pics for your site.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #72
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah! Das what I'm talkin 'bout! Lookin clean Kid.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #73
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
Yeah! Das what I'm talkin 'bout! Lookin clean Kid.
Mahalo's flat. Yeah I'm real pleased with the outcome....the tires really tie it all together just right for me. Can't wait to see our trucks side by side.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #74
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mahalo's flat. Yeah I'm real pleased with the outcome....the tires really tie it all together just right for me. Can't wait to see our trucks side by side.
Im begging to think we have the same taste. Iwas looking at your build and I have the same Trd emblem but mine are the socmonkey bed decals. I also carbon fiber wrapped my interior. Then of course the awesome BFD shoes from FN Wheels. I'll get with you one of these days so we take some side by sides for this thread.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #75
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
Im begging to think we have the same taste. Iwas looking at your build and I have the same Trd emblem but mine are the socmonkey bed decals. I also carbon fiber wrapped my interior. Then of course the awesome BFD shoes from FN Wheels. I'll get with you one of these days so we take some side by sides for this thread.
Great minds.....

Funny you should mention the decals. Got bored tonight and pulled mine off. Felt like the new wheels and tires called enough attention to the truck already, so I scrubbed the decals. Looks cleaner, but I have asked Sock for pricing on his Hawaii edition bedsides. We'll see. Definitely down for a tandem photoshoot. I'll get the 20D cleaned up.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #76
PARTS HOARDER

Kidd and flatfeet:

You guys are awesome. I wish I lived in Hawaii so I could hang out with you. Thanks again, and thanks for posting the pics!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #78
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Kidd and flatfeet:

You guys are awesome. I wish I lived in Hawaii so I could hang out with you. Thanks again, and thanks for posting the pics!
lol just living in Hawaii in general would be awsome. btw any chance these wheels coming out in 17's?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #79
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
lol just living in Hawaii in general would be awsome. btw any chance these wheels coming out in 17's?
I agree!

As for the 17's, the closest I have right now is the Countersteer Type X from Konig. It is very unlikely that this style (FN Wheels BFD) will be available in 17", but I know if they get enough demand they will make it.

The demand would have to be very high though in order to cover the costs to do the R&D necessary to make a totally new size, especially for a counter pressure cast wheel such as the BFD.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #80
ares650 is on a distinguished road
ares650's Tacoma Gallery
Well I am loving my 18" BFD wheels, the matte bronze has a great color. Here are some pics...