Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

WTB 18" Chrome Clad Cover

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 18" Chrome Clad Cover

Hey guys, I am looking to buy an 18" chrome clad cover for the 2012 sport edition wheels. I here of guys removing these covers because they don't like them. Well, I like them, and I want, need one for my spare tire so I can have a five tire rotation. If you have successfully removed your covers and you want to keep it that way, I will cladly(made a funny there) take them off of you. Here's a pic of what I am looking for.

Or if you are close and plan on removing the clad, I can just trade you my spare with a never used bridgestone tire on it. Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
How are these guys removing these?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM777 View Post
How are these guys removing these?
There is another thread on "how do I remove?" with no real answer. They are pressed on, there don't seem to be any tabs or adhesive holding them in place. If I was going to remove them, I would leave them sitting in the sun for an hour or so, then go over them with a hair dryer to heat them up the rest of the way. Then, with some wood wedges or plastic wedges, attempt to separate the cover from the rim, and not be afraid to uae a little muscle. They should slide right off.