Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

SCS Stealth 6 wheels 17x8.5

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #681
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for the pics from everyone that just got these...

Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #682
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Lol i was half kidding, I'm sure 255s would still be a good choice, just not the best choice for me, i do alot of extreme mall crawling

Mine are set at the neutral position, so +2* caster. My caster numbers were 2.5* and 2.7* after the install, when i brought it in for alignment they just adjusted the toe and camber and left the caster where it was, drives great. In hindsight i may have tried the +1* setting first. SPC recommends to max out the caster on the LCA then determine where the caster plate on the UCA should be set. The reason they say that is because adding caster at the UCA moves the wheel back in the wheel well, adding caster at the LCA moves it forward. I had to do the cab mount chop, i had pretty bad rubbing in the rear of the wheel well, with less caster at the UCA i may have been able to move the wheels forward in the wheel well. Don't go by what i am saying though, every truck is different, but if you can find an alignment tech that is willing to mess around with the UCA adjustments you might want to try a lower setting first, especially if you are going with 2.5" of lift or less. But ya between 2.5* and 3* is the short answer haha. Heres what SPC says

4. Q. After installing these control arms I now have camber and caster adjustment on both the upper and lower control arms. What is the proper way to adjust the alignment?
4. A. On many Toyotas, the factory lower cams have seized in the control arm, and cannot be used to adjust the alignment without a lot of work. If they have not seized, they can help to fine-tune the alignment.

If tire rub is not critical:
1. Set caster roughly by clocking the SPC upper ball joint per the chart on the instruction sheet.
2. Once caster is close to your desired setting using SPC’s upper arm, use the factory cams on the lower arms to dial it in. (Ignore any change in camber while setting caster.)
3. Now that caster is where you want it, use the sliding feature of the upper ball joint to put camber exactly where you want it.
5. Q. My tires are rubbing at the back of the wheel well, can I use the adjustable arms to help fix this?
5. A. Yes, you can! Use the lower arm adjustment cams to roll the lower ball joint forward for maximum caster. (Pull the forward bushing in and push the rearward bushing out.) Then adjust the upper ball joint to get the caster and camber alignment in spec. Doing this can move the wheel center forward by ½"- ¾" in most cases.
And that my friends is a thorough answer! Thank you once again Evan
Old 05-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #683
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^^^matte black FTW. Looks great Matt.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #684
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
awesome look matt.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #685
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, everyone has been posting some amazing pics. I'm glad that our wheels can add that little touch to make everyone's truck. Keep up the good work guys!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #686
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the only picture I got after getting these mounted, will try for some better ones once I can get it washed.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #687
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
916 YATES's Tacoma Gallery
Pics look great! Spent tire money on my fence project, almost mounted Bridgestone H/T 's on mine today, just seemed like an impatient sin, changed my mind. Matte black is looking good and Stealth.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by spares View Post
Here's the only picture I got after getting these mounted, will try for some better ones once I can get it washed.

looks awesome SPARES, what size tires you running?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #689
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
looks awesome SPARES, what size tires you running?
Thanks! Tires are 265/70/17, no lift... little cutting here and there but nothing overwhelming.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #690
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Any way you can make these with a 3.5 backspacing? Also, how much for 6?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #691
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
The F-5 will be available with 3.50" BS, but not these. The Stealth 6 are $170 each plus shipping.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #692
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #693
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
Yeah I wish these were 4.5" bs and I'd have ordered by now! Jus sayin
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #694
jimp is on a distinguished road
jimp's Tacoma Gallery
What color wheels would look good on this 2013 SR5 Prerunner.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #695
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^black
Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #696
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
matte black
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #697
916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of916 YATES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Yeah I wish these were 4.5" bs and I'd have ordered by now! Jus sayin
Less back space = further out from control arms, right?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #698
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
What color wheels would look good on this 2013 SR5 Prerunner.

Matte Black!

Here is a shot of the SCS F-5's on my pyrite mica Sport for comparison.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #699

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Matte Black!

Here is a shot of the SCS F-5's on my pyrite mica Sport for comparison.

nice long bed. tell me about the lift you are running.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #700
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916 YATES View Post
Less back space = further out from control arms, right?
Yes but also more outside of flares which is a huge no-no in PA!