Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

SCS Stealth 6 wheels 17x8.5

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #1301
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery

Had some fun this morning and got a little dirty
Old 12-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #1302
Sfearl1 is on a distinguished road

Sfearl1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #1304
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfearl1 View Post
Because your truck too could look as good as this one. How come I cannot tell if those are black or gunmetal? Someone please help me out...
Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #1305
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Because your truck too could look as good as this one. How come I cannot tell if those are black or gunmetal? Someone please help me out...
Scott has matte gunmetal. Low lighting makes them almost matte black and in direct sunlight, you get a nice charcoal shade.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #1306
FlintsTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Tropix
FlintsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
285 65 18 on Stealth 6

Has any body ran the stealth 6 wheel on a 33" tire with out a CMC?
I have a 3" lift and LR UCA.
My truck only has 4500 miles on it and the only thing keeping me from going with this rim is cutting the shit out of my truck!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:31 AM   #1307
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintsTaco View Post
My truck only has 4500 miles on it and the only thing keeping me from going with this rim is cutting the shit out of my truck!
There is alot of factors when it comes to the CMC, and because of that no one can give you a yes or no answer, so IMO i wouldn't go with 285/70/17 or anything bigger if you absolutely do not want to cut. I am sure there are plenty of guys who have these wheels and did not have to do the CMC, i had to cut right away. My setup when i first got the wheels: OME 885s and nitros, no top plate spacer, about 2.5" of lift (23" hub to fender) light racing UCAs set to add 2 degrees of caster (this increases chance of rubbing) duratrac 285/70/17. I was hitting the body mount at full turn during regular driving. Since you already have the suspension done check to see how much clearance you have right now. If you have your heart set on 285s just do it, its worth the cutting, this tire size looks badass on these wheels.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #1308
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Besides a CMC you will likely be cutting the inner fenderwell & fenders with 285's
Old 12-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #1309

Sfearl1's Tacoma Gallery
I have 285/70/17 duratracs and only had to trim fender liners and a small part of the fender (minimal). I rub reversing out of my driveway at full lock. That's it though. I'm running 5100's and an Icon AAL.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #1310
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfearl1 View Post
I have 285/70/17 duratracs and only had to trim fender liners and a small part of the fender (minimal). I rub reversing out of my driveway at full lock. That's it though. I'm running 5100's and an Icon AAL.
stock uca's?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #1311

Sfearl1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
stock uca's?
Yes.. adding LR UCAs after Christmas.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #1312
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
There is alot of factors when it comes to the CMC, and because of that no one can give you a yes or no answer, so IMO i wouldn't go with 285/70/17 or anything bigger if you absolutely do not want to cut. I am sure there are plenty of guys who have these wheels and did not have to do the CMC, i had to cut right away. My setup when i first got the wheels: OME 885s and nitros, no top plate spacer, about 2.5" of lift (23" hub to fender) light racing UCAs set to add 2 degrees of caster (this increases chance of rubbing) duratrac 285/70/17. I was hitting the body mount at full turn during regular driving. Since you already have the suspension done check to see how much clearance you have right now. If you have your heart set on 285s just do it, its worth the cutting, this tire size looks badass on these wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
Besides a CMC you will likely be cutting the inner fenderwell & fenders with 285's

Kevin and Evan are correct. When stepping up to 33s, I always like to recommend the CMC mod just for the extra clearance when the suspension is flexed out. Along with that, some minor plastic trimming is also necessary.

You have to keep in mind that this rule basically applies to most wheels wen you're going up in size. Typically, a highway or an all-terrain tire will rub less than a comparable mud-terrain tire so a lot of actors come into play.

As far as the CMC mod goes, it's far from cutting the crap out of the truck. If done right, it's barely noticeable and very stock like.

Jerry from BAMF sells precut plates that makes the job a breeze. A decent welder can get it done under an hour. Here's some reference photos that I helped a friend do on his truck.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ml#post4601098
Old 12-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #1313
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
Do you think the OEM wheels will fit on these rims. I currently have the Dueler H/T 684 II.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1314
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhodgman View Post
Do you think the OEM wheels will fit on these rims. I currently have the Dueler H/T 684 II.
Factory tires will fit on there without any issues. The decision to design this wheel at 8.5" wide is so that owners can use the factory size tires if they choose too.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1315
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect, There pretty cool lookng, I know ill get them eventually hopefully from that give away you guys are doing. if not maybe in a few years when i can save up the cash.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #1316
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Perfect, There pretty cool lookng, I know ill get them eventually hopefully from that give away you guys are doing. if not maybe in a few years when i can save up the cash.
and good luck to you in the contest!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #1317
tn2012taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
tn2012taco's Tacoma Gallery
Are there any well lit photos of gunmetal on a super white? Trying to decide between matte black and gunmetal and just haven't seen any good pictures.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #1318
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Good lord I love these wheels. Got mine on with the 35s last night and threw on my stealth customs vinyl

Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #1319
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
OEM

Quote:
Awaiting other mods. Factory tires fit great...
Attached Thumbnails
SCS Stealth 6 wheels 17x8.5-img_2857.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #1320

Sfearl1's Tacoma Gallery