Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

17" Konig Six Shooter Wheels - Brand New

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #241
calmeismal is on a distinguished road
Navy: Gunny
Name: Jim
calmeismal's Tacoma Gallery
06 Malibu Maxx SS

I'm trying to find out if Konig makes a 6-shooter for my 06 Malibu Maxx SS. Graphite Gun Metal. Calmeismal
Old 10-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #242
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I've got my bronze 17x9s on and they just look awesome
What size tires are those? P265/70R17 ?
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #243
The Stig is a name known to allThe Stig is a name known to allThe Stig is a name known to allThe Stig is a name known to allThe Stig is a name known to allThe Stig is a name known to all

The Stig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
What size tires are those? P265/70R17 ?
285/70R17
Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #244
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmeismal View Post
I'm trying to find out if Konig makes a 6-shooter for my 06 Malibu Maxx SS. Graphite Gun Metal. Calmeismal
I'm sorry, but the Six Shooter is currently only manufactured in the 6x139.7 bolt pattern for trucks.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #245
davefollower is on a distinguished road
davefollower's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Rubbing Issues

Anyone runing these wheels on 265/70R17 on a tire that doesn't have a very aggressive tread pattern. Something like the BF Goodrich Rugged Trail, Rugged Terrain or All Terrain T/A KO?

Just curious if you guys are able to run that size and that make tire without any rubbing or issues. Did you have to remove your mud flaps? I wanted to leave the flaps on. Thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #246
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefollower View Post
Anyone runing these wheels on 265/70R17 on a tire that doesn't have a very aggressive tread pattern. Something like the BF Goodrich Rugged Trail, Rugged Terrain or All Terrain T/A KO?

Just curious if you guys are able to run that size and that make tire without any rubbing or issues. Did you have to remove your mud flaps? I wanted to leave the flaps on. Thanks
I believe the BFG t/a ko in 265 70 17 should only be run on a wheel with a maximum width of 8.5"(as per BFG specs). So you would need to get the 8" version of the wheel
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #247
Forgot to mention I was going to run the 17x8 wheels.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #248
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ok. If that wheel has a 5" backspacing, then it should have a +12 offset I believe. That would give you .47" extra clearance on the brakes and push the wheel out .94" compared to a stock 17" Sport wheel.
Will you rub? You may rub, you may not. If you do, I suspect it would be minor.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #249
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #250
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
ok. If that wheel has a 5" backspacing, then it should have a +12 offset I believe. That would give you .47" extra clearance on the brakes and push the wheel out .94" compared to a stock 17" Sport wheel.
The 17x8 have 0 offset. 4.5" backspace. Stock sport wheels are 7.5" wide w/ +30= 5.5" backspace. So a 8" with 4.5 back sticks out 1.5" further per side than the stock sport wheels.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #251
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
The 17x8 have 0 offset. 4.5" backspace. Stock sport wheels are 7.5" wide w/ +30= 5.5" backspace. So a 8" with 4.5 back sticks out 1.5" further per side than the stock sport wheels.
^^^then this, my mistake. I didn't see different specs for the 17x8's in the OP. These specs are nicer, so for the better!

-but the chances of rubbing just increased unfortunately
Old 10-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #252
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

You should be fine with the 17x8" / 0mm offset / 4.5" back spacing Six Shooters and a mild 265/70R17 all-terrain tire, but you might experience very minor rubbing on the mud flaps at full lock.

Anytime you increase the overall diameter of the tire, increase the wheel width, and decrease the offset you do run the risk of rubbing a bit, but it's been my experience that you should be OK with this setup. If your OE shocks have some mileage on them and they're getting worn out you might also rub the mud flaps a little more often.

Overall this is a fairly conservative setup, and you shouldn't have any serious issues.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #253
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Thanks for helping out with davefollower's question. The exact difference is 1.43" vs. the stock 17x7.5" TRD Sport wheels.

.5" additional width / 2 = .25" to inside and to the outside of the wheel (you divide by 2 because the width is spread out evenly across the plane of the wheel).

30mm lower offset = 1.18" additional outward stance.

1.18"
+.25"
-------
1.43" additional outward stance vs. the OEM 17x7.5" et30mm offset wheels.

You can compare the backspacing numbers that we provide to determine inside clearance, which will increase by 1.0".

Quote:
^^^then this, my mistake. I didn't see different specs for the 17x8's in the OP. These specs are nicer, so for the better!

-but the chances of rubbing just increased unfortunately
Thank you for your help as well, but just to clarify, the chances of rubbing actually decrease when going from a 9" width / 0mm offset to an 8" width / 0mm offset.

Quote:
The calculations are actually incorrect, but it's a common error. Please remember that back spacing takes into account both of the .5" outer flanges of the wheel, which means that an 8" wide wheel actually measures 9" from flange to flange, a 9" wide wheel measures 10" from flange to flange, etc.

A 9" width with 0mm offset will sit outward 1.93" additionally when comparing to a wheel with a 7.5" width and +30mm offset (OEM 17" TRD Sport wheel).

A 9" width with 0mm offset will have .43" additional inside (suspension) clearance when comparing to a wheel with a 7.5" width and +30mm offset.

Also, please note, as many people often get confused, that the 9" / 0mm offset wheel will NOT stick out of the fender by 1.93". It just will sit outward 1.93" more than the OEM 7.5" width / +30mm offset wheels, which are quite sunken in from the edge of the fender.

One more point of clarification - lower backspacing and offset do not always directly correlate to increases in brake clearance. In the cases of the Konig Six Shooter and the other wheels that we sell - brake clearance is always better than OE wheels. However, in some other instances from other manufacturers brake clearance may actually decrease even though the offset is lower, and this can be due to spoke design or lip design.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #254
Bush Pusher

It was my error to base calculations off an incorrect positive offset. That said, it has most certainly been my experience that a 265 70 17 BFG AT tire on a wheel protruding 1.5" further than the oem will rub on stock suspension More so than a wheel that only protrudes a half inch.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #255
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
It was my error to base calculations off an incorrect positive offset. That said, it has most certainly been my experience that a 265 70 17 BFG AT tire on a wheel protruding 1.5" further than the oem will rub on stock suspension More so than a wheel that only protrudes a half inch.

No problem at all. I know you were just trying to help.

Any wheel that sticks out more than another and that is also combined with a taller than what was originally equipped has the propensity to possibly rub more, but my experience with years of installations is that a 17x8" / 0mm offset wheel (such as the Konig Six Shooter) with 265/70R17 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires will just rub very slightly on the mud flaps and fender liner on a 2nd Generation Tacoma w/ stock suspension. The rubbing can easily be remedied, and most of the time it only rubs when the steering wheel is turned to full lock. And, if the truck should have even a mild 1.0" (+/-) lift, there is no rubbing.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #256
PARTS HOARDER

17x8" Konig Six Shooters in matte bronze are expected to be back in stock any day!

All pre-orders will ship immediately, and all waiting list customers will be contacted as soon as the wheels arrive. Additional sets are still available.

Diameter: 17"
Width: 8"
Offset: 0mm
Backspacing: 4.5"
Bolt pattern: 6x139.7mm
Color: Matte Bronze
Light and strong! Only 20.6lbs per wheel!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #258
Yotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant future

Name: Ze
Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #259
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
So any of these colors on this site available?
Yes, definitely. Some of the custom finishes might be listed as "Not UV Stable," so those are colors that we would not recommend. Otherwise our powder coater can finish a set of the wheels in any color you see listed on that website. Just let me know which ones you are interested in, and I will get you a quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotamac View Post
sub'd
Cool, thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #260
PARTS HOARDER

PMs sent to everyone who inquired.

17x8" Six Shooters are in stock in matte black and matte bronze!