LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

17" Konig Six Shooter Wheels - Brand New

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #21
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dustin.

My current set up:
Black Rhino Ocotillos
17x9, 4.5 backspacing, -12 offset
265/70/17 tires

I'd like to keep approx. the same width/stance and go 1" narrower at the rim.

Compared to my current set up, how will the Shooters width/stance be with it's offset and backspacing?

And how about with the Countersteers?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #22
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Thanks Dustin.

My current set up:
Black Rhino Ocotillos
17x9, 4.5 backspacing, -12 offset
265/70/17 tires

I'd like to keep approx. the same width/stance and go 1" narrower at the rim.

Compared to my current set up, how will the Shooters width/stance be with it's offset and backspacing?

And how about with the Countersteers?
No problem.

Comparatively speaking with your 17x9" -12mm offset wheels:

-The 17x9" 0mm offset Konig Six Shooter wheels will sit inward .47" more, or you can say they will stick out .47" less. The wheels are also 9" wide, just like your current wheels.

-The 17x8" -10mm offset Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels will sit inward .58" more / stick out .58" less. These wheels are 1" narrower than your current wheels.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junya808 View Post
Sub'd

Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #25
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
No problem.

Comparatively speaking with your 17x9" -12mm offset wheels:

-The 17x9" 0mm offset Konig Six Shooter wheels will sit inward .47" more, or you can say they will stick out .47" less. The wheels are also 9" wide, just like your current wheels.

-The 17x8" -10mm offset Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels will sit inward .58" more / stick out .58" less. These wheels are 1" narrower than your current wheels.
Bummah. I didn't want to lose the stance. I guess there's spacers but I'd rather not go that route - problematic from what I've read. Or just live with the 1/2" difference.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #26
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bummah. I didn't want to lose the stance. I guess there's spacers but I'd rather not go that route - problematic from what I've read. Or just live with the 1/2" difference.
If my calculations are correct, they are still nearly 2" wider than stock stance on the sport wheel. They actually have a very nice/aggressive stance imo...but I don't believe it is recommended to run 265 70 17's on a 9" rim...
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #27
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Another beautiful wheel. Great lightweight (and good looking) choices from FN and great customer service bump!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #28
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for wish list
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
I understand. As mentioned by Hairy Taco, the added stance vs. stock wheels is still 2" +/-, which is very significant. If you have long-travel suspension you might still need that extra 12mm of stance, but if not I think these will still look great and aggressive without spacers.

Also, going hand in hand with Hairy Taco mentioned, LT265/70R17 is generally not recommended to be used with 9" wheel widths. P265/70R17 (P-Metric) will work perfectly fine with 9" wide wheels.

Furthermore, if you want to recoup the .5" outward stance vs. your -12mm offset wheels, you can always install 285/70R17, which will really look aggressive.

FYI to others who might be reading this: 265/65R17 (the stock Tacoma 17" size) fits perfectly on 9" wide wheels. P265/70R17 tires also fit just fine on 9" wide wheels. It's the LT265/70R17 tires that usually recommend 8.5" or less wheel width due to the different sidewall. You'll know if you have P-Metric or LT-rated tire as denoted on the sidewall. You can also check the manufacturer specs prior to ordering your tires. Most manufacturers offer a P-Metric and an LT-rated tire in the same size. Just PM me if you need any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Another beautiful wheel. Great lightweight (and good looking) choices from FN and great customer service bump!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze805 View Post
Subd for wish list
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looking wheel, also some 265/70-17 tires will fit on a 9" wheel, i know nitto reccomends a 7-9" wheel with their 265's
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #31
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoftw View Post
awesome looking wheel, also some 265/70-17 tires will fit on a 9" wheel, i know nitto reccomends a 7-9" wheel with their 265's
Thank you! And you're absolutely right. I don't know why I didn't mention that.

P-Metric (non-LT) tires in 265/70R17 are generally approved to work with 17x9" wheels. I checked with BFG, Bridgestone, Continental, Falken, Hankook, Toyo, etc. and all of their P-Metric 265/70R17 tires are just fine with 9" wide wheels. It's just the LT (C/D/E-rated) versions that recommend 7-8.5" because of the different sidewall.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #32

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 265/70/17 on my 9" wheels and it's fine.

Thanks for the 285 idea JD but that is wider than I need and want to go. Plus more $$ to fork out just for a 1/2". Not worth it. If I get these wheels I'll just live with the 1/2" less. But my tires only have about 15k miles on them. So I'm just looking into wheel options for now. The tires I hope to have a very long 50k or more miles.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #33
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
I'm running 265/70/17 on my 9" wheels and it's fine.

Thanks for the 285 idea JD but that is wider than I need and want to go. Plus more $$ to fork out just for a 1/2". Not worth it. If I get these wheels I'll just live with the 1/2" less. But my tires only have about 15k miles on them. So I'm just looking into wheel options for now. The tires I hope to have a very long 50k or more miles.
I don't blame you for not wanting to swap tires. I personally think the difference in stance between 9" wide / -12mm offset and 9" wide / 0mm offset won't be too noticeable on the Tacoma, since either set of wheels is already significantly wider and lower offset vs. stock. The stance will still be quite aggressive.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #34
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
6 Shooter

265/70/17 General Grabber AT2, no lift, minor trimming.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #35
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
saweeet!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #36
creedler is on a distinguished road

Name: Max
creedler's Tacoma Gallery
That was one on the reasons I went with the General AT2 tires, one of the few tires in a 265 that will accommodate up to a 9" wheel. It does make for an aggressive stance though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
If my calculations are correct, they are still nearly 2" wider than stock stance on the sport wheel. They actually have a very nice/aggressive stance imo...but I don't believe it is recommended to run 265 70 17's on a 9" rim...
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #37
08navytrd is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1(EXW/SW) Engineman 1st class
Name: Kenneth
08navytrd's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered my matte bronze tuesday and cant wait for them to arrive, getting wrapped in some 285/75R17 Nitto terra grapplers. will post pics when they arrive.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedler View Post

265/70/17 General Grabber AT2, no lift, minor trimming.
Thank you for posting your specs / experience! It will definitely help out all of us with our tire size choices. Your truck looks great too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08navytrd View Post
Just ordered my matte bronze tuesday and cant wait for them to arrive, getting wrapped in some 285/75R17 Nitto terra grapplers. will post pics when they arrive.
Thank you sir! Your wheels are on their way, in transit as of yesterday.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #39
08navytrd is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN1(EXW/SW) Engineman 1st class
Name: Kenneth
08navytrd's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir! Your wheels are on their way, in transit as of yesterday. [/QUOTE]
Cannot wait hopefully they will be here when i get back from rome but i also have to wait on rubber bummer its taking that a little longer.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08navytrd View Post
Cannot wait hopefully they will be here when i get back from rome but i also have to wait on rubber bummer its taking that a little longer.
I can't wait to see some photos of your truck with Konig Six Shooter wheels and a cool Italian volcano in the background!