Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

WTB, BLACK 17" WHEELS

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
WTB, BLACK 17" WHEELS

im looking to buy a set of 17" black wheels since the plasti dip route just isn't cutting it for me. i also would rather not have to do any trimming.
i am open to different looks, i have these in mind at discount tire direct
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...8.5&vid=021439
so cost with shipping will have to be the same or less than what they are selling those for. they have free shipping so the cost for those shipped is under $600.
my brother lives in north dakota so you will not need to ship them to canada.
very minimal ware to mint condition is what im looking for.
let me know what you've got.

thanks.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

still looking for some black wheels, the ones in my first post won't fit without some kind of trimming, and i don't want to do that. looking for a 17" x 8" with around 5" of bs.
debating these two:
1. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

2. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

but maybe someone else will have something for sale that i'll be interested in.

edit: im also looking for a wheel that is hub centric..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Roadliner is on a distinguished road

Roadliner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of these in black for myself?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
^yes. I have them and i love them. Stance is pretty aggresive
Old 01-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner View Post
I'm thinking of these in black for myself?

thanks, i was looking at these, i like them but wasn't sure if trimming was needed or not.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
^yes. I have them and i love them. Stance is pretty aggresive
im guessing you had some trimming to do with the 285's?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Roadliner is on a distinguished road

Roadliner's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to Vin, he will answer all your ?? at least he did for me

http://www.stealthcustomseries.com/stealth-6-gallery/
Old 01-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
Yes, alot. Cab mount chop needed without stuffing them and 2.5 inches of lift. It was worth it lol. There would probably still be trimming with 265/70 when flexing the suspension
Old 01-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #9

Quote:

thanks.

Quote:
Yes, alot. Cab mount chop needed without stuffing them and 2.5 inches of lift. It was worth it lol. There would probably still be trimming with 265/70 when flexing the suspension
yeah that's the thing, im not interested in trimming or chopping anything.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #10

Quote:

X2, i can only guess about rubbing with a different tire size. Alignment may come into play also.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I run 265 70. 2.5-3" lift with SPC UCA's to bring back up my caster and I still trimmed...go figure. These wheels push out over an extra 2" over your stock Sporties. That is quite a lot .
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
I run 265 70. 2.5-3" lift with SPC UCA's to bring back up my caster and I still trimmed...go figure
i think im going to have to stick with an 8" wheel and an offset closer to 5" to stay away from any type of trimming, and because of the crap area i live in i need to keep the mud flaps as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just paint the ones you have if you like the looks of them? Plasti-Dip is crap. Paint or powdercoat will hold up much better as long as you prep the wheels properly.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Why not just paint the ones you have if you like the looks of them? Plasti-Dip is crap. Paint or powdercoat will hold up much better as long as you prep the wheels properly.
i did consider doing that, i do want my wheels to stick out a little more though without having to use wheel spacers.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the Ultra Motorsports Crusher. If I can't find a gunmetal colored wheel I may be putting the Crusher on my truck.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
I really like the Ultra Motorsports Crusher. If I can't find a gunmetal colored wheel I may be putting the Crusher on my truck.
Vin has gunmetal. Check out stealth custom series or SCS wheels if you havnt already.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #17
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Vin has gunmetal. Check out stealth custom series or SCS wheels if you havnt already.
I don't really like the scs wheel. I do like the Konig Six Shooter but not the price tag!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #18

i actually ended up going with these, should be put on today. i got a crazy deal on them through "mr.wheelguy". MKW M19 satin black, sorry for the crappy picture.
Attached Thumbnails
WTB, BLACK 17" WHEELS-dsc00330.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #19

Quote:
i actually ended up going with these, should be put on today. i got a crazy deal on them through "mr.wheelguy". MKW M19 satin black, sorry for the crappy picture.

What size did you get? Is "mr.wheelguy" a person on TW or is that like a website or something? I tried to search but I didn't come up with what I thought was a match.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #20

sorry, it's mr wheel deal,
http://mrwheeldeal.com/b/
i don't think he's a member here, there is some good feedback on this site about him. i had a great experience using him (steve), he answered all my questions with no delay. he can get pretty much anything and will match/beat any price.
i got the MKW M19 17" x 8.5", 0 offset and i think 4.88" backspace.
the wheels, with lugs, shipped for $500! way better then anyone else out there that i could find.
check out his site and the different wheels he can get, i think he can pretty much get anything.

Products Discussed in this Thread