1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTT: Duratracs/steelies for less aggressive A/T

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by bluejack, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Jan 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    bluejack

bluejack [OP] Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser
    CN: want to trade my (5) fairly new Goodyear Duratracs for (5) fairly new aggressive A/T tires. See details below.

Hey guys! I bought a set of (5) Duratracs (265/70/17) for the wife's FJ before heading out to the FJ Summit this year. However, they're just a bit too aggressive for her since the FJ is her daily driver. She wants something more like a highway tire, so I'm gauging interest on trades.

Willing to trade my 5 Duratracs (and possibly steel wheels) for 5 fairly aggressive A/T tires (and possibly wheels). Depending on the tire/wheel, may be an even trade or not (the Duratracs are expensive = $1417 from DTD). That includes road hazard certificates for the tires from DTD which I have and will pass along. Tires I would consider (265/70/17):

- Nitto Terra Grapplers (had those previously, liked them)
    - Hankook Dynapro ATM (a much cheaper tire but I might consider it)
    - Firestone Destination A/T (no experience but people like them; do they do good offroad?)
    - Any other A/T tire that is actually aggressive enough to trust off-road, especially if we go to the Summit again.

I just measured my Duratracs and they are currently at: 14/32, 14/32, 14/32+, 16/32, 16/32+.

For a trade, I'm looking for tires that are in fairly new condition. Most of the tires above are going to have tread depth at new that are similar to what my Duratracs have now.

Would prefer someone local I could meet up with for a swap. Makes it less complicated since I can't leave the FJ sitting on blocks while I wait for tires to arrive, unless you're willing to work something out.

Anyhow, may be a long shot but thought I'd see if someone was interested in a great set of tires! Thanks!

2. Jan 11, 2013 at 5:25 AM
    homie01

homie01 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle:
    NICE LITTLE RIG
    3 inch lift 265/70/17
    I have a set of firestone destination AT with 5000 miles on them 265/70/17
    and I wish id gone with something more aggresive let me know im in georgia 478-986-8769

3. Jan 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    bluejack

bluejack [OP] Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser
    Hey man, I had set a PM but didn't hear back. That's OK because I chose to go a different route and keep my Duratracs; I'm afraid I'll miss them.

End thread!

Products Discussed in

To Top