Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

FS: 16x8" Five Star Wheels - New Wheel from FN Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #41
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully you guys will have 17's in a couple months
Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #42
sideways19 is on a distinguished road
Royal Canadian Mounted Police: RCMP
sideways19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonlygarcia View Post
x2 that's what I'm holding out for as well! & hopefully available in graphite gunmetal
Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #43
InfoWarrior is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Chris
InfoWarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways19 View Post
x2 that's what I'm holding out for as well! & hopefully available in graphite gunmetal
x3 for a 17" version!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #44
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Sub'd
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonlygarcia View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post
x3 for a 17" version!
Thanks guys! We're workin' on it. Are you all guys 100% committed to buying a 17" Five Star if it were to be released within, let's say, 6-9 months or sooner?

There's a fairly large financial obligation on our part with regards to engineering, testing and certifying a new wheel (even though it's the same design, we still have to go through all of the engineering and testing to have it certified by the proper agencies). We just want to make sure we have enough customers (preferably 20 or so customers) on board before we commit.

Thanks again for the feedback.

The 16's are in-stock and ready to ship immediately by the way, but matte bronze is nearly sold out (more matte bronze arriving in about 60 days).
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #45
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
How many bronze wheels do you have?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #46
I'm committed to buying the 17" Five Stars. We need to get a list going!

Dustin, I know it's early to be discussing specs on the 17" version, but can we safely assume if they are produced they'll be a similar offset to the 16" version?

The aggressive offset of this wheel is one of my favorite design features so I'm hoping the 17's would maintain that and be at least -25mm!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
How many bronze wheels do you have?
PM sent to you. I currently have 10 wheels (2 sets + 2 spare wheels) in stock in matte bronze, with more wheels coming in soon.

Quote:
I'm committed to buying the 17" Five Stars. We need to get a list going!

Dustin, I know it's early to be discussing specs on the 17" version, but can we safely assume if they are produced they'll be a similar offset to the 16" version?

The aggressive offset of this wheel is one of my favorite design features so I'm hoping the 17's would maintain that and be at least -25mm!
Thank you! We were considering making the 17" offset just a tad bit less aggressive, with -10mm being the probably choice. Would that still work for you?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2

Thank you! We were considering making the 17" offset just a tad bit less aggressive, with -10mm being the probably choice. Would that still work for you?

Haha I suppose I could settle for -10mm. Just curious about the reasoning behind that choice? Is it easier to design/manufacture a wheel with a less aggressive offset? I noticed a lot of the 17 and 18" wheels are either 0mm or -10mm at the most. I don't know too much about the mechanics of wheel design...just that I like the look of a deeper set wheel with a wider lip
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #49
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Haha I suppose I could settle for -10mm. Just curious about the reasoning behind that choice? Is it easier to design/manufacture a wheel with a less aggressive offset? I noticed a lot of the 17 and 18" wheels are either 0mm or -10mm at the most. I don't know too much about the mechanics of wheel design...just that I like the look of a deeper set wheel with a wider lip
I too like the look of a more aggressive design and the stance of a more aggressive offset, but it's been my understanding that most customer's who install 17" wheels prefer offsets that aren't quite as aggressive.

It's not anymore difficult to design or manufacture a wheel with a more aggressive offset. We've just noticed a trend that Toyota truck owners seem to like offsets that are a little less aggressive in 17" and 18" wheels.

On the other hand we had a lot of customers asking for a more aggressive offset in a 16" wheel, which is why we released the Five Star with a -25mm offset.

Nothing is set in stone for a 17" yet, so we'll keep all options open and do what will make the wheel look and fit the best and satisfy our customers' demands.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #50
PARTS HOARDER

Here are some of our latest customer-submitted photos:

Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks
Toytec Rear Add-a-leaf
FN Wheels Five Star 16x8" matte bronze wheels
285/75R16 Falken tires
Installation of suspension, wheels, and tires by FN Wheels - Corona, CA
Photos by Hasback Photography - Southern California
Old 05-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Here are some of our latest customer-submitted photos:

Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks
Toytec Rear Add-a-leaf
FN Wheels Five Star 16x8" matte bronze wheels
285/75R16 Falken tires
Installation of suspension, wheels, and tires by FN Wheels - Corona, CA
Photos by Hasback Photography - Southern California
Im diggin this a lot. Really nice. Rep to FN wheels
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #52
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Im diggin this a lot. Really nice. Rep to FN wheels
Thank you!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #53
Crydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrydaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Crydaddy's Tacoma Gallery
nice wheels! i would really consider trading my tx pro wheels for 5 of these!!! the red tacoma a couple of posts up, does it have a spacer installed or that is how it sits?
Old 05-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #54
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I reeeeeeeeeallly like these wheels! They are for sure on my list of stuff to buy for the truck!

Either that or spacers lol...
Old 05-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #55
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for Dustin and an awesome product, he communicates very professionally and took the time to help me. +1 for him and his business
Old 05-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #56
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crydaddy View Post
nice wheels! i would really consider trading my tx pro wheels for 5 of these!!! the red tacoma a couple of posts up, does it have a spacer installed or that is how it sits?
Thank you! There aren't any spacers on the red Tacoma. That's how the wheels sit out of the box.

The red Tacoma has Bilstein 5100 shocks all around and a Toytec Add-A-Leaf in the rear + the 16x8" FN Five Stars with 285/75R16 Falken Wild Peak tires, and that's it as far as modification. I think you'd be really happy with the wheels and the stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I reeeeeeeeeallly like these wheels! They are for sure on my list of stuff to buy for the truck!

Either that or spacers lol...
Thank you! I'd get the wheels and not worry about the spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
Bump for Dustin and an awesome product, he communicates very professionally and took the time to help me. +1 for him and his business
Thank you Oury! I'm glad I could help!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #57
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh I really want to, gotta wait till I can afford new wheels and tires
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #59
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a set for my first gen, I'll post pics once they're on.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #60
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Ugh I really want to, gotta wait till I can afford new wheels and tires
No problem, take your time! I'm not going anywhere, so whenever you're ready to get wheels I will be here for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
Took them offroad this past weekend a little bit... held up great!

Thank you for the awesome photos George! I had some guys over on the 4Runner forum (www.t4r.org) asking about the strength of our wheels. I've been posting specs, data, and testimonial photos. Your photos will help out a lot too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiruu View Post
Just ordered a set for my first gen, I'll post pics once they're on.
Thank you again! Your wheels should be delivered to you tomorrow. I look forward to seeing photos of your truck with the Five Stars installed.