Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

FS: 16x8" Five Star Wheels - New Wheel from FN Wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 AM   #62
mave is on a distinguished road
mave's Tacoma Gallery
Bronze on white

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thank you sir! I can't wait to see updated photos when you install 285/75's! Your truck looks great now as it sits, but I bet it's going to look even better.

Me too! Hopefully someone with a Super White Tacoma will order a set soon. I'll make a special incentive for anyone who wants to be the first to do it and post photos. Just PM me if you're interested.
I am interested fully man! Pm a price please. I will pick up. This color combo will be awesome
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #63
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baoser View Post
Thanks George! I saved most of those photos to my hard drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave View Post
I am interested fully man! Pm a price please. I will pick up. This color combo will be awesome
PM sent to you. Thank you!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #64
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Some casual pics on the way home yesterday. I'll have some better ones after the next round of mods next week.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #65
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiruu View Post
Some casual pics on the way home yesterday. I'll have some better ones after the next round of mods next week.
Your truck looks great! I love the look of the Five Stars on the 1st Generation Tacomas. They flow so well with your truck. Thank you again!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #66
Yotaglenn is on a distinguished road
Yotaglenn's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any Matte Bronze in stock and by any chance do you have any pictures of a pyrite Tacoma with Anthracite Light Gunmetal wheels on it.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #67
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Do you make these in 5 lug?? I would be down to sport some!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #68
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaglenn View Post
Do you have any Matte Bronze in stock and by any chance do you have any pictures of a pyrite Tacoma with Anthracite Light Gunmetal wheels on it.
I do have matte bronze in stock, and I can ship immediately. My stock is getting a little thin, but I do have more wheels in production / incoming as well.

I have photos of matte black wheels and matte bronze wheels on Pyrite Mica Tacomas, but no photos of anthracite light gunmetal. In my opinion, the other two colors might look a little better on Pyrite Mica. Anthracite gunmetal might be too light for that color of truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
Do you make these in 5 lug?? I would be down to sport some!
We don't currently make them in 5-lug, but we 100% can make them in 5-lug applications. We just need to get enough interest to do a factory production run (about 6 or 7 sets of Five Stars all in the same finish would be enough for us to do a production run for the wheels in 5-lug).

Personally I'd love to do it for the 5-lug guys. Maybe we can get a few guys interested and go for it?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
PARTS HOARDER

Here's a custom finish for FN Wheels Five Stars:

We were just trying out some different ideas for new finishes, and this is one example.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #70
PARTS HOARDER

More matte bronze are now in stock!

All PMs have been answered.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #71
PARTS HOARDER

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #72
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
SO with that offset on a 2nd Gen they stick out about another inch than what a 1st gen wheel would right, or @2" more than a factory 2nd Gen wheel?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #73
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
SO with that offset on a 2nd Gen they stick out about another inch than what a 1st gen wheel would right, or @2" more than a factory 2nd Gen wheel?
Hi Zack,

I'm sorry, but I don't think I quite understand your question. Please let me know if I get the answer wrong:

If you're comparing the difference in stance (outward) between a Five Star in 16x8" -25mm offset and a factory 16x7" +30mm offset 2nd Gen Tacoma TRD Offroad (OEM version) wheel, the difference is approximately 2.6".

That is to say the Five Star will sit outward approximately 2.6" more than a factory 16" Toyota Tacoma wheel (the wheel won't stick out of the fender by 2.6", since the factory wheels are sunken inward, and if your truck is lifted the wheels are usually sunken in even more, so the offset on the Five Star corrects that).
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #74
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2011 Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed Pyrite Mica w/ 16x8" FN Wheels Five Star - Matte Bronze

That is one of the nicest, cleanest looking DC Tacomas I have ever seen!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #75
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi Zack,

I'm sorry, but I don't think I quite understand your question. Please let me know if I get the answer wrong:

If you're comparing the difference in stance (outward) between a Five Star in 16x8" -25mm offset and a factory 16x7" +30mm offset 2nd Gen Tacoma TRD Offroad (OEM version) wheel, the difference is approximately 2.6".

That is to say the Five Star will sit outward approximately 2.6" more than a factory 16" Toyota Tacoma wheel (the wheel won't stick out of the fender by 2.6", since the factory wheels are sunken inward, and if your truck is lifted the wheels are usually sunken in even more, so the offset on the Five Star corrects that).
Actually, you did great,
I found an amazing deal on a set of 2Gen wheels but I know I want the offset of the Gen1 wheels, these have a real good offset and will give me the stance I think I want,

Question now is if a 265/75/16 will rub or not, lol... I am pretty sure some trimming will be needed.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #76
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Actually, you did great,
I found an amazing deal on a set of 2Gen wheels but I know I want the offset of the Gen1 wheels, these have a real good offset and will give me the stance I think I want,

Question now is if a 265/75/16 will rub or not, lol... I am pretty sure some trimming will be needed.
Thank you.

265/75R16 on 16x8" -25mm offset Five Star wheels (or any wheels with the same specs) will rub and require removing the mud flaps and trimming of the fender liner / over fender on a completely STOCK 2nd Gen Tacoma.

265/75R16 on these wheels on a minimum 1.5" lifted truck will only require to remove the small nub or flap on the front of the fender liner (towards the front bumper). I have installed the wheels personally on trucks with 1.5" - 2.0" of lift, and we only had to remove the nub (Pre-2012 trucks) or the small flap in the front (2012+ trucks), and there was no rubbing on the mud flaps or the over fenders.

I hope this info helps too.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #77
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Damnit I want these wheels!!! Just put some Spidertrax spacers up front to bump out my 16X8 4.5 BS wheels...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #78
Keith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Keith120286's Tacoma Gallery
Need more pics of that DC pyrite mica! Looks amazing.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #79
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Damnit I want these wheels!!! Just put some Spidertrax spacers up front to bump out my 16X8 4.5 BS wheels...
Maybe you can sell your current wheels + SpiderTrax and then get set of these Five Stars. You won't have to use any spacers with the Five Stars to get the same stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post
Need more pics of that DC pyrite mica! Looks amazing.
Here's a small album that we made:

https://www.facebook.com/fn.wheels/m...1581674&type=3

Old 08-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #80
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is one of the nicest, cleanest looking DC Tacomas I have ever seen!
Agreed. That's really sick.