Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

ATTENTION PA OWNERS, I WTB YOUR STEELIES

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
JTW will become famous soon enough
Marines: 3RD BN 4TH MAR
Name: Josh
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
ATTENTION PA OWNERS, I WTB YOUR STEELIES

Hi, I'm In search for some 16Inch 6 lug steel rims (The spare style). Rim or rim and tire, 1,2,3,4, or 5 of them. Whatever you have let me know and we can work out a $deal$ I'm willing to drive a little to make a deal. Let me know what you have, thank you. PA, OH, MD, WV OWNERS are all welcome. (example picture is from a fellow TW member Airdog)
Attached Thumbnails
ATTENTION PA OWNERS, I WTB YOUR STEELIES-sparetire.jpg  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Have mine, complete spare. Just took it off a few months ago... been under the truck since '05.

Not as pretty as Airdog's though
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
That's a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
Have mine, complete spare. Just took it off a few months ago... been under the truck since '05.

Not as pretty as Airdog's though
Hey thanks for the offer but that's a 4 hour drive for me. But if I don't find anything else I'd say in a 100 mile radius. Ill keep you in mind. Thanks again and nice truck!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTW View Post
Hi, I'm In search for some 16Inch 6 lug steel rims (The spare style). Rim or rim and tire, 1,2,3,4, or 5 of them. Whatever you have let me know and we can work out a $deal$ I'm willing to drive a little to make a deal. Let me know what you have, thank you. PA, OH, MD, WV OWNERS are all welcome. (example picture is from a fellow TW member Airdog, And if you're in SOCAL He has one for sale at a great price, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...eel-wheel.html )
I have my stock wheels and tires (with the stylish hubcaps!!) taking up garage space. No tpms because they're on my new wheels. Tires have a bit of life left and will need to be remounted and balanced. Pm me if you're interested.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea and I'm in Pittsburgh to make it easy for both of us
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Stock wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
I have my stock wheels and tires (with the stylish hubcaps!!) taking up garage space. No tpms because they're on my new wheels. Tires have a bit of life left and will need to be remounted and balanced. Pm me if you're interested.
PM sent
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have one for sale, but bump for a Local guy.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I don't have one for sale, but bump for a Local guy.
Thanks man! Do you by chance know where any mild and I mean mild off road spots are? My Tacoma is stock but I want to use the 4x4 a little bit each month. Since the owners manual suggest that you drive at least 10 miles a month in 4x4 off road. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #9
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks man! Do you by chance know where any mild and I mean mild off road spots are? My Tacoma is stock but I want to use the 4x4 a little bit each month. Since the owners manual suggest that you drive at least 10 miles a month in 4x4 off road. Thanks.
Not really, wish I did cause I'm stock too. I usually just throw it in 4WD on a strait street, may not be for the recommended time and distance, but its better than nothing. I have a place up in Pymatuning, and turn it on, on the dirt roads there too. I troll pghoffroad.com a little, but even on that site, never really seen anything too local when they talk about trails. Sorry, wish I could be more help.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
crashd22098 is on a distinguished road

Army:
crashd22098's Tacoma Gallery
Can you use these spare rims as mains? all four?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Not really, wish I did cause I'm stock too. I usually just throw it in 4WD on a strait street, may not be for the recommended time and distance, but its better than nothing. I have a place up in Pymatuning, and turn it on, on the dirt roads there too. I troll pghoffroad.com a little, but even on that site, never really seen anything too local when they talk about trails. Sorry, wish I could be more help.
I hear ya man. No worries man. Thanks anyways. I just ended up cruising around my local park on the grass paths they have.. not the best but will have to work until i find something better. Ill be sure to let you know if i come across somewhere local.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashd22098 View Post
Can you use these spare rims as mains? all four?
Yea I'm 99.9% sure you can.. Its the same type of steel rims that come on the bone stock cars and trucks. The black steel rims that are covered up by hubcaps. I've seen a few guys on here running the spare 16 inch ones and the stock 17inch steel rims from the FJ.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I have one but depending where you are in PA it might not even be worth the drive.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #14

Quote:
I hear ya man. No worries man. Thanks anyways. I just ended up cruising around my local park on the grass paths they have.. not the best but will have to work until i find something better. Ill be sure to let you know if i come across somewhere local.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I have one but depending where you are in PA it might not even be worth the drive.
Yea man.. I wish you was closer. That would be another 4 hour drive for me but thank you anyways. (I live in the Pittsburgh area)
Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea man.. I wish you was closer. That would be another 4 hour drive for me but thank you anyways. (I live in the Pittsburgh area)
I may be heading to the Burgh on June 7th. If I do, I have a 16" steel spare, and I could also round up all the guys spares in my area to bring your way as well. I'll keep you updated, it all depends if my sons baseball team makes playoffs. If not, then I am only going half way(PA turnpike exit 180)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
I may be heading to the Burgh on June 7th. If I do, I have a 16" steel spare, and I could also round up all the guys spares in my area to bring your way as well. I'll keep you updated, it all depends if my sons baseball team makes playoffs. If not, then I am only going half way(PA turnpike exit 180)
That would be awesome! The only thing is with doing that on only a certain day like June 7th is that I work that day and I could possibly be out of town and I'd hate to say yes and you round up everybody's spare for me to buy and I end up being out of town and can't pick em up.. I wouldn't wanna do that to you. But if you bring just your spare then if I can't show up then it wouldn't be that bad.. Just keep me updated and I'll do the same. I really do appreciate it! I wish it fell on my off days.. Also is exit 180 Ft. Littleton? Good luck on your sons game! Thanks again
Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be awesome! The only thing is with doing that on only a certain day like June 7th is that I work that day and I could possibly be out of town and I'd hate to say yes and you round up everybody's spare for me to buy and I end up being out of town and can't pick em up.. I wouldn't wanna do that to you. But if you bring just your spare then if I can't show up then it wouldn't be that bad.. Just keep me updated and I'll do the same. I really do appreciate it! I wish it fell on my off days.. Also is exit 180 Ft. Littleton? Good luck on your sons game! Thanks again
Totally understand, if my sons team makes playoffs, then I'll probably be staying over night in da Burgh, but we'll see. Yeah, 180 is Ft Littleton.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
JTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Totally understand, if my sons team makes playoffs, then I'll probably be staying over night in da Burgh, but we'll see. Yeah, 180 is Ft Littleton.
Ok sounds good just let me know if he makes it, and ill let you know if I'm in town. I dont think ill be able to go to exit 180 with my job im on call and ill need to stay close to work. So if he makes it to playoffs then we can work something out. What condition is your spare rim in and how much would you like for it? Thanks.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #20

Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok sounds good just let me know if he makes it, and ill let you know if I'm in town. I dont think ill be able to go to exit 180 with my job im on call and ill need to stay close to work. So if he makes it to playoffs then we can work something out. What condition is your spare rim in and how much would you like for it? Thanks.

Dusty, and the price of steel isn't too high any way, so I dont know. Wasn't looking to profit off of it anyhow. How bout the cost to switch my tire over to the other rim, $15?