1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock alloy wheels and Michelin tires for sale

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires Marketplace' started by DixonCreekDrifter, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Sep 2, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    DixonCreekDrifter

DixonCreekDrifter [OP] Grey Headed Shop Teacher

Member:
    First Name:
    Dixon
    east of the Rio Grande and south of the Canadian
    Vehicle:
    Last Truck
    Stock for now
    2008 stock Tacoma polished aluminum wheels and Michelin LT/X MS2 245/75R16 tires for $700.

Wheels will fit any of the Second Generation Tacoma from 2005 until 2014. The Michelin tires are rated for 70,000 miles. I have run four sets of LT/X tires to over 100,000 miles with proper inflation and regular rotation on a 1991 Nissan Hardbody four wheel drive and then three sets on a '96 4Runner. I trust these tires to provide excellent service for many miles. The tires on the wheels have just under 30,000 miles and I believe that I could run them for at least another 40,000 miles. Hawaiian monarch King Kamehameha I is showing the depth of the remaining tread. The tires provided an immediate improvement in gas mileage. The original Dunlap tire provided 14 in-town and 18 highway. After installing the Michelin tires the in-town mileage is 18 mpg and the highway is 20 mpg. On one tank I drove from Santa Fe to Mora and then to Amarillo for a MPG of 26. I have run the tires black wall out so the raised letters are in pristine condition. Reverse them and scrub the raised letters and they will look brand new. The factory nuts and four lock nuts with the key are provided. Pressure sensors have been moved to the new wheels.

Check out Michelin Man at http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/size/245/75/16/ tires for more information and reviews about the tires.

I often have reason to be in Austin, Lubbock or Amarillo TX. PM if you live near this destinations and I will bring them with me.

depth.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top