Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

Five 17x8.5 Method Double Standards

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Five 17x8.5 Method Double Standards

(5)Five Method Double Standards

- 17x8.5
- 6x5.5
- Custom powder coating done by Embee Performance
- New

$950 obo

Located in Glendale, CA 91208

call/text anytime: 213-663-8119
Old 01-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
TheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant future

TheFang's Tacoma Gallery
What's the offset and why are you selling them? Also, what color truck do you have? Can we get pics with them on?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #3
oly kenji is on a distinguished road
oly kenji's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! wish you were in seattle.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
4.75 offset

Selling because I got a wheel sponsorship through another company.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
Boxed up and ready to go!

Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #6
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Great deal!! Love these wheels but that damn backspacing kills me...
Old 01-27-2015, 12:28 AM   #7
TheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant futureTheFang has a brilliant future

TheFang's Tacoma Gallery
Stock backspace on a sport is 5.5, would that .75 create rubbing? Why would it kill you JWaldz?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFang View Post
Stock backspace on a sport is 5.5, would that .75 create rubbing? Why would it kill you JWaldz?
Who knows? Maybe he doesn't want a better stance?

These wheels will NOT rub. You will have more room than any factory wheel and more than enough clearance.

Mid travel, long travel, spindles, 33, 35, 37 inch tires - it doesnt matter. Backspacing should NOT be an issue at all.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 AM   #9
pgthe1 is on a distinguished road

pgthe1's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to get them in matte black, wonder how these would look on a Speedway blue Taco. Time to find someone to photoshop them for me.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFang View Post
I drive a 4Runner on 35's.. the's why lol

Anything around 4.35"+ I will rub the UCA, even with my Icons. 4.25" is my sweet spot.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgthe1 View Post
I was going to get them in matte black, wonder how these would look on a Speedway blue Taco. Time to find someone to photoshop them for me.
These would look sooo much better than black. I wouldn't have driven 2+ hrs, waited an extra week and spent $325 to powder coat these if it wasn't worth it. Everybody has matte black.

If it wasn't for the sponsorship, I would run these. I'm still debating keeping them.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #12
TripleStack
Brussell18 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: crew chief
Name: Brandon
Brussell18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgthe1 View Post
If you get these in black or in this metal color you need to post pics! I also have a speedway blue and was debating between black and this color
Old 01-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #13
TripleStack
Brussell18 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: crew chief
Name: Brandon
Brussell18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber Bill View Post
(5)Five Method Double Standards

- 17x8.5
- 6x5.5
- Custom powder coating done by Embee Performance
- New

$950 obo

Located in Glendale, CA 91208

call/text anytime: 213-663-8119
Any chance these can get shipped to Alaska?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #14
ls1 prerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ls1 prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
This is so tempting... I like my KMC beadlocks but their lack of center caps kills me and black indeed is played out. Willing to ship or maybe meet at Leduc swapmeet if you are going.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #15
Not looking to ship at the moment. I'm not sure that I'll be able to make the swap meet this year, hopefully these are long gone by that time anyway.