Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1041
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
motorsport36 and mr.trd - Thank you for posting your photos!

PMs sent to everyone else inquiring.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #1042
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAFH View Post
Taiwan made Volk knockoff's ftw!
Darn right. I've had a set of 16x8" Countersteer Offroads on my Tundra and a set on my Tacoma for nearly 5 years. I've towed 3,500lbs trailors, taken them offroad, and never had a problem. Prior to that I did have Volk TE37s, and I never had a problem with those either.

Taiwan makes excellent products. Much, much better than China.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #1043
PARTS HOARDER

Back in stock as of today:

-16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad - matte black - 6x139.7 et 0mm (4.5" back spacing)
-16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad - anodized bronze - 6x139.7 et 0mm (4.5" back spacing)

Also in-stock

-16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad - graphite gunmetal - 6x139.7 et 0mm (4.5" back spacing) - low stock - 10 wheels (2.5 sets) available
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #1044
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Here at Tacoma World there is a growing following for the "tall and skinny" tires best described as the BF Goodrich KM2 in the size 255/85R16 (and a couple other tires in this size). We are having difficulty finding suitable wheels for this size tire as most aftermarket wheels are 8" wide or more and this is just too wide for this tire.

One reader suggested that Konig might do a special run of wheels in 16x7 if there was enough gauranteed sales. Can you verify this? And if so how many wheels would be required to have Konig build them? 10 sets (40 wheels) or 25 sets (100 wheels?). Just putting out a feeler because the market is very slim for 16x7 wheels outside of a couple steel items.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #1045
GRAFH is on a distinguished road
GRAFH's Tacoma Gallery
8" is not too wide for that tire.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #1046
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
Here at Tacoma World there is a growing following for the "tall and skinny" tires best described as the BF Goodrich KM2 in the size 255/85R16 (and a couple other tires in this size). We are having difficulty finding suitable wheels for this size tire as most aftermarket wheels are 8" wide or more and this is just too wide for this tire.

One reader suggested that Konig might do a special run of wheels in 16x7 if there was enough gauranteed sales. Can you verify this? And if so how many wheels would be required to have Konig build them? 10 sets (40 wheels) or 25 sets (100 wheels?). Just putting out a feeler because the market is very slim for 16x7 wheels outside of a couple steel items.
Quote:
8" is not too wide for that tire.
GRAFH: You are correct - 8" is not too wide. However if the folks are wanting to air down the 255/85R16 tires, 7" width might be better so they don't drop a bead. I understand where Desert Drifter is coming from.

Desert Drifter: You are correct. We can ask Konig to make a similar design for us in a 16x7" version. The minimum is technically 40 wheels (10 sets) per color and size, however, there is something else to keep in mind. A new mould will need to be developed, tested and certified. This is pretty costly, and if it's only divided out over 40 wheels it will make the cost of the wheels significantly more money.

If we were able to get an order together for 120 wheels, I would be able to negotiate the price down lower with the manufacturer, to a cost that would be about the same as the 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad.

I'd definitely be willing to get something like this going for you guys. Just shoot me a PM, or point me in the direction of the thread going on for those who are interested, and I can start gauging interest.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #1047
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got time to install my OME lift, which means I can have my new WHEELS installed! They've been sitting in my garage taunting me for a month. Picked up some 285/75r16 Duratracs to complete the new look.

I give you:

P.S. I installed the rear leafs and shocks just after taking this photo, so as pictured, no lift on the rear.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #1048
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
Finally got time to install my OME lift, which means I can have my new WHEELS installed! They've been sitting in my garage taunting me for a month. Picked up some 285/75r16 Duratracs to complete the new look.

I give you:

P.S. I installed the rear leafs and shocks just after taking this photo, so as pictured, no lift on the rear.
Nice! I love the black wheels with the black trim! Great tire choice too!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #1049
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
GRAFH: You are correct - 8" is not too wide. However if the folks are wanting to air down the 255/85R16 tires, 7" width might be better so they don't drop a bead. I understand where Desert Drifter is coming from.

Desert Drifter: You are correct. We can ask Konig to make a similar design for us in a 16x7" version. The minimum is technically 40 wheels (10 sets) per color and size, however, there is something else to keep in mind. A new mould will need to be developed, tested and certified. This is pretty costly, and if it's only divided out over 40 wheels it will make the cost of the wheels significantly more money.

If we were able to get an order together for 120 wheels, I would be able to negotiate the price down lower with the manufacturer, to a cost that would be about the same as the 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad.

I'd definitely be willing to get something like this going for you guys. Just shoot me a PM, or point me in the direction of the thread going on for those who are interested, and I can start gauging interest.
Thaks for the encouragement! This is the thread where a few of us are looking for a 16x7 wheel for these "tall & skinny" tires: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...xperience.html

I do not know haw we could rally support to get 120 wheels (30 sets), but I might get 5 wheels to have a correct size spare.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #1050
Wishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wishbone1965's Tacoma Gallery
Just put them on this morning. Put the stock tires back on until I make up my mind what tire to get.
Attached Thumbnails
16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads-img_4595.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #1051
GRAFH is on a distinguished road
GRAFH's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, what size is stock?
Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #1052
Wishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Looks good, what size is stock?
16" 245/75R16
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #1053
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone1965 View Post
Just put them on this morning. Put the stock tires back on until I make up my mind what tire to get.
Quote:
16" 245/75R16
Lookin' good even with the stock tires! You might as well get some use out of those tires if they still have tread left.

I like the blacked-out theme of your truck. Very clean.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Lookin' good even with the stock tires! You might as well get some use out of those tires if they still have tread left.

I like the blacked-out theme of your truck. Very clean.
Thanks for the compliment! Next mod is to get rid of the chrome bumper. I'm thinking maybe sandblast and powder coat...not sure though. The tires are brand new and came on the truck. They do look better than I thought they would. But these wheels make any tire look good!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #1055
DBTaco is on a distinguished road
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the compliment! Next mod is to get rid of the chrome bumper. I'm thinking maybe sandblast and powder coat...not sure though. The tires are brand new and came on the truck. They do look better than I thought they would. But these wheels make any tire look good!
Do you have a side view of your truck with rims. I've also got a black truck and I like these wheels a lot.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Do you have a side view of your truck with rims. I've also got a black truck and I like these wheels a lot.
I'll post a pic for you later after I get off work.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #1057
sheamus is on a distinguished road
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
The Graphite Gunmetals are beauties!

So with the stock tires, these would stick out 1" further than with stock rims? I believe stock rims are 4.5" BS, and Rim is 7.5", so tire rim outer edge is 3" from mounting plate. With these is is 8"-4" so 4" out from mounting plate.

Is my math correct here? Also what is the weight on these?

I want a nice rim, and keep the look similar to the stock look of the trd o/r. Not too much bling, not too off-roady.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Here you go. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Like I said...these are stock tires that came on the truck
Attached Thumbnails
16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads-img_4631.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 AM   #1059
DBTaco is on a distinguished road
DBTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here you go. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Like I said...these are stock tires that came on the truck
Looks really good. I think my stocks are 265/70/16.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #1060
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
You're welcome! A black bumper will really complete the look! I can't wait to see your progress. So far it looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamus View Post
The Graphite Gunmetals are beauties!

So with the stock tires, these would stick out 1" further than with stock rims? I believe stock rims are 4.5" BS, and Rim is 7.5", so tire rim outer edge is 3" from mounting plate. With these is is 8"-4" so 4" out from mounting plate.

Is my math correct here? Also what is the weight on these?

I want a nice rim, and keep the look similar to the stock look of the trd o/r. Not too much bling, not too off-roady.
Which stock wheels do you have (size and alloy or steel)? Also, what year is your Tacoma? I can give you an exact measurement if you're able to let me know.

Compared to most of the 2nd Generation ('06+) Tacoma wheels the 16x8" Countersteer Offroads will sit outward by approximately 1.5" (give or take a few tenths depending on which wheels exactly that you have).

The weight of the Countersteer Offroad is approximately 18lbs per wheel.