LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #1121
wheelzup is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Pilot
wheelzup's Tacoma Gallery
PM sent.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #1122
GRAFH is on a distinguished road
GRAFH's Tacoma Gallery
Konig is not known for being high end but rather a Taiwanese knockoff company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Thank you! Its gonna be a long wait tho! I'm not a patient man
I thought about whether or not I should just get the black now, so I searched some pics of the black countersteers on MGM, and they look good...
until I see the gunmetal on MGM! Its gonna be worth the wait
Plus i'm a big fan of Konig. Well known for higher end wheels. And also, your shipping price to Hawaii really isn't bad at all. I was surprised.
Any Hawaiians, don't be afraid to ask about shipping. I was, but I'm glad I did
Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1124
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAFH View Post
I didn't say high end. I said "higher end"
Atleast its a recognizable brand name with some history, unlike some of these other wheel brands I've never even heard of.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #1125
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got em installed. They are wrapped with LT265/75R16 BFG AT TA KO's.
Thanks again Dustin! You are awesome!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #1127
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Hey guys does anybody know what the lugs should be torqued to on the Countersteers? I'd just like to be sure.
We recommend torquing the lug nuts to 80 ft / lbs, and then retorquing to 80 ft / lbs after 100 miles. It's more a function of the lug nuts and studs rather than the wheels, but with new alloy wheels you always want to retorque after the first 100 miles.

Quote:
Thank you! Its gonna be a long wait tho! I'm not a patient man
I thought about whether or not I should just get the black now, so I searched some pics of the black countersteers on MGM, and they look good...
until I see the gunmetal on MGM! Its gonna be worth the wait
Plus i'm a big fan of Konig. Well known for higher end wheels. And also, your shipping price to Hawaii really isn't bad at all. I was surprised.
Any Hawaiians, don't be afraid to ask about shipping. I was, but I'm glad I did
Thank you! I think the graphite gunmetal will definitely be worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelzup View Post
PM sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAFH View Post
I think we can call Konig higher end. If you look at the entire spectrum of wheels on the market, Konig is definitely ahead of the majority of the pack. Certain OEM vehicle manufacturers actually purchase from Konig. I will ask Konig tomorrow if I'm at liberty to say which ones. If you'd like to know more about Konig's manufacturing processes, quality assurance, and certification please let me know, and I'm sure you'll find that they are at the upper echelon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
Either way, they are great wheels and I love mine!
Me too. I've had a set of 16" Countersteer Offroads on my Tundra for 4 years now. I've beat the heck out of them, and they're still going strong.

Quote:
I didn't say high end. I said "higher end"
Atleast its a recognizable brand name with some history, unlike some of these other wheel brands I've never even heard of.
Agreed. They're a very legitimate company. The president of Konig sits as a board member on the Wheel and Tire Council for SEMA. The WTC initiated a voluntary standard (that Konig helped to develop) called SAE J2530, which ensures that any wheels tested to this standard meet certain safety and strength requirements. This is not a mandatory standard, but it is something that provides peace of mind to the aftermarket wheel consumer, since our United States government actually does not require that aftermarket wheels forego any testing before being sold in the U.S. Konig tests all of their wheels and certifies them to this standard. The testing is done by a third party. Most companies don't certify their wheels to SAE J2530.

http://www.sema.org/news/2011/03/01/...d-the-industry

Konig's been in business continuously for almost 30 years too, which is a major feat for an automotive aftermarket manufacturer.

I don't work for Konig, but I've been involved with many wheel companies, and I respect Konig more than other company. Their products are excellent, and their reputation is proven through their longevity.

Quote:
Finally got em installed. They are wrapped with LT265/75R16 BFG AT TA KO's.
Thanks again Dustin! You are awesome!
Looks great! Thank you! I'm glad you like them. There are a lot of guys that'd like to have that color right about now. Graphite is still on backorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0TA View Post
Just checking in Dustin. Any shipments arrive yet? Thanks
Hi. I'm expecting a shipment this week, but it will only have matte black and matte bronze Countersteer Offroads. The graphite gunmetal did not make it on this shipment, but Konig has informed me that they should be here by 4/15. Let me know if that's still OK with you. Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #1128
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
We recommend torquing the lug nuts to 80 ft / lbs, and then retorquing to 80 ft / lbs after 100 miles. It's more a function of the lug nuts and studs rather than the wheels, but with new alloy wheels you always want to retorque after the first 100 miles.
Thanks for the tip! Should be at about 100 today! I will definitely check. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #1129
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Should be at about 100 today! I will definitely check. Thank you!
No problem!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #1130
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thank you! I think the graphite gunmetal will definitely be worth the wait!

Hi. I'm expecting a shipment this week, but it will only have matte black and matte bronze Countersteer Offroads. The graphite gunmetal did not make it on this shipment, but Konig has informed me that they should be here by 4/15. Let me know if that's still OK with you. Thanks again.
Is it April yet? LOL.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #1131
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Is it April yet? LOL.
Allllmost! All but two sets are pre-sold out already! Graphite Countersteer Offroads became really popular over night.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #1132
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
so i know i asked this last year when i ordered my set of matte black (which im super happy with and get compliments all the time!!!)

How much would just one more wheel be? Now that im running a lift and 33s it would be nice to get rid of the stock spare and have a full size spare.

THANKS!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #1133
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
How long would it take you to get me a set in matte black?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #1134
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
so i know i asked this last year when i ordered my set of matte black (which im super happy with and get compliments all the time!!!)

How much would just one more wheel be? Now that im running a lift and 33s it would be nice to get rid of the stock spare and have a full size spare.

THANKS!
PM sent to you! Glad to hear you're enjoying your wheels and receiving compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311offroad View Post
How long would it take you to get me a set in matte black?
I can ship it out the same day you order (if you order by 3PM Pacific). It takes about 4-5 business days to get a set of wheels from Corona, CA to Milledgeville, GA.

I'm down to 11 wheels in matte black (2 sets + 3 spares). This last shipment sold out very quickly.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #1135
PARTS HOARDER

UPDATE

Due to popular demand, I am already down to my last set of 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroads in matte black (7 wheels in stock).

I will have more matte black 16x8" Konig CSOs arriving in approximately 60-90 days, so if you'd like a set now, please contact me ASAP.

I will have more matte bronze and graphite gunmetal 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroads arriving the week of April 9, 2013 (1-2 weeks from now). There will be 1-2 sets of graphite gunmetal available from this shipment after all backorders are fulfilled, and 3-4 sets of matte bronze wheels available after I ship out wheels for everyone who pre-ordered.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #1136
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Check your PMs
Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #1137
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311offroad View Post
Check your PMs
Response set. Last set is on hold for you.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #1138
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of four of these in Matte Bronze last Fall and they look good and ride great with the DuraTrac (265-75R16) tires. I beleive their lower weight is a GOOD thing for performance on and off road. The only time heavy wheels and tires do not hurt performance is when crawling. This weight consciousness is why I went with 265 and not 285 tires and the relatively light Konig Countersteer wheels. Lower weight means more contact with the road or trail surface and thus better control. The ICON suspension helps too!

Anyway I am getting one more 16x8 Countersteer in Matte Bronze from Dustin for a good looking bed mounted spare. My truck came with plain jane steel wheels, and while they will hold a tire they are as homely as mud.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #1139
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice meeting you today Dustin. Looking forward to getting everything installed!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #1140
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Wheels ordered. Looking forward to getting them on. Thanks Dustin!