Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #1181
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillchevy View Post
Hey Dustin,
I'm wanting to get new wheels and tires soon for my 2011 Tacoma dcsb trd offroad. Plan to get goodyear duratracs 265 75/R16 C load.....just not sure yet on the wheels I'm going to get. I'd like to stick as close as possible to current factory wheel specs to help avoid any rubbing issues. I have rear leafspring TSB done and front has 5100 shocks set at 1.75" on factory coils. I'm interested in the 16X8 konig countersteer offroad matte black, how would they fit/compare to my current factory wheels w/ rugged trails 265 70/r16???.......would they stick out past fender flares? If so by how much??
If I was to get these from you then what is price shipped to 37042? Wouldn't I need to get 5, for the spare. Do you offer military discount? Sorry for all the ?'s and thanks for any info!
Dan
Here is my taco with the 265/75 Duratrac and if you compare them to the stock rugged trails in my photo gallery, you can get a sense of how the DTs compare. The Rugged trails were flush while the DTs stick out a little past the fender flare, not much though.

Edit- Sorry, the pic is a bit misleading, if you'd like a head on shot, I can get one for you.
Attached Thumbnails
16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #1182
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
did a quick search but didn't find much. For those of you running the countersteer and a 285 75 16 tire, if you have the stock UCA did you need a spacer for the tire to clear the UCA? If you dont have stock UCA's what uca you running and how close does the 285 75 16 get to it? I dont think i'll need spacers since this wheel is offset, but I wanted to check in here first

Thanks!

Edit: found someone

Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #1183
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Dustin,
would they stick out past fender flares? If so by how much??

Dan
I have Duratracs (load C) 265/75/16. Billies at 1.75. Here's a pic for you.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #1184
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
Name: Dan
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
Kyle/Marc,
Thanks for your replies, both your trucks are lookin really cool/badass w/ that wheel/tire combo.....I don't think they stick out too far at all, actually think it looks better than the factory look. Your pics have convinced me that I want to go that same route, will be ordering the wheels soon! Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #1186
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kyle/Marc,
Thanks for your replies, both your trucks are lookin really cool/badass w/ that wheel/tire combo.....I don't think they stick out too far at all, actually think it looks better than the factory look. Your pics have convinced me that I want to go that same route, will be ordering the wheels soon! Thanks!!
Atta boy. Make sure to post some pics when you get them installed.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #1187
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Thank you Kyle and Marc for helping to answer Dan's questions!

To sum up:

-You will not have any rubbing with 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroads + 265/75R16 tires + Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks set to 1.75" of lift.

-The wheels/tires will not stick out of the fenders much or at all with this setup. The 16x8" Countersteer Offroad wheels will sit outward about 1.75" more than the factory 16x7" alloy wheels, but since the factory wheels are sunken in quite a bit, this means the 16x8" CSOs won't stick out of the fenders.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #1188
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Got them today!
getting tires on Tuesday
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #1189
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
BOOM! Konigs!

I promise I'll stop pic whoring for a while after this one

Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #1190
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Got them today!
getting tires on Tuesday
Nice choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
BOOM! Konigs!

Sexy
Old 04-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #1191
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got bored. MGM hubs anyone? Yes please

I wasn't planning on running the caps, but now I think I just might

I had some left over paint from color matching my grille. Duplicolor MGM is nearly a perfect match. Might seem darker, but I think its just because the face of the cap is flat, and everything about these awesome wheels are curved.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #1192
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Got them today!
getting tires on Tuesday
Awesome! I'm glad the wheels got to you quickly and on time. Thanks again!

Quote:
BOOM! Konigs!

Post your pics as often as you want! I enjoy seeing your truck, and I think everyone else does too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Nice choice!

Sexy
Agreed!

Quote:
Got bored. MGM hubs anyone? Yes please

I wasn't planning on running the caps, but now I think I just might

I had some left over paint from color matching my grille. Duplicolor MGM is nearly a perfect match. Might seem darker, but I think its just because the face of the cap is flat, and everything about these awesome wheels are curved.
Those caps look great! You did a great job of painting them.

I actually just sent some caps out last week to be color matched for the Countersteer Offroads in graphite gunmetal and matte bronze. I'll post some photos as soon as I get them back from the painter. We'll be selling the colored caps for a reasonable price as well, since we were able to get a pretty good deal on the color matching / paint service locally.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #1193

So awesome
Thank you so much! Well worth the wait, but some advice for any Hawaii people. The shipping fee is good. But don't be cheap. Pay a little more and have them sent priority
265/75/16 duratracs load C.

An inch doesn't sound like much, but it makes a noticeable difference for sure.

The curves are amazing.

Another happy customer!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #1194
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Man, that looks sharp!^
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #1195

Thanks bud
Old 04-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #1196
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, that looks sharp!^
X2 Love the stance!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #1197
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
So awesome
Thank you so much! Well worth the wait, but some advice for any Hawaii people. The shipping fee is good. But don't be cheap. Pay a little more and have them sent priority
265/75/16 duratracs load C.

An inch doesn't sound like much, but it makes a noticeable difference for sure.

The curves are amazing.

Another happy customer!
Excellent photos and write up! Thank you very, very much! Your truck came together perfectly!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #1198
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed, excellent looking trucks all around! Bulla, you might have already posted, but what is your suspension setup?
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1199

Quote:
Thanks bud
If you have any of that color matched paint left I think doing your badges would be pretty sick (and that bumper haha).
Old 05-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
Agreed, excellent looking trucks all around! Bulla, you might have already posted, but what is your suspension setup?
Thanks
Fox MT kit @ 2.5", Icon 3 leaf mini pack, TC UCAs.

Quote:
If you have any of that color matched paint left I think doing your badges would be pretty sick (and that bumper haha).
Yeah, the bumper is bugging me now...