Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #1221
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Kyle!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #1222
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Question

I have a 2011 DCSB and I'm looking at the 16x8 countersteers. I currently have an OME 3" suspension lift (885 springs, 1/4" spacer, shocks) and a full leaf pack in the rear.

I am thinking about running 265/75/16 on these rims. Does anyone have photos of this or a similar set up? Trying to get a sense of how it would look on the truck. Thanks
Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #1223
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
I have a 2011 DCSB and I'm looking at the 16x8 countersteers. I currently have an OME 3" suspension lift (885 springs, 1/4" spacer, shocks) and a full leaf pack in the rear.

I am thinking about running 265/75/16 on these rims. Does anyone have photos of this or a similar set up? Trying to get a sense of how it would look on the truck. Thanks
I'll try to find some photos for you. A lot of my customers with full 3" lifts like to install 285/75R16 tires, and most who are running 265/75R16s have 1.75" - 2.25" lifts.

I have a lot of photos of trucks with 1.75" - 2.25" lifts and 265/75R16 tires.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #1224
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
I'll try to find some photos for you. A lot of my customers with full 3" lifts like to install 285/75R16 tires, and most who are running 265/75R16s have 1.75" - 2.25" lifts.

I have a lot of photos of trucks with 1.75" - 2.25" lifts and 265/75R16 tires.
Thanks, Dustin. Good talking to you the other day. I haven't completely ruled out the 285, but it seems like an awful lot of tire to be stuffing into a 3" lift. May be pulling the trigger this weekend.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #1225
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks, Dustin. Good talking to you the other day. I haven't completely ruled out the 285, but it seems like an awful lot of tire to be stuffing into a 3" lift. May be pulling the trigger this weekend.
Nice talking with you too!

Here's a customer's truck that I did with 17x9" 0mm offset Konig Six Shooters (more aggressive fitment than the 16x8" Countersteer Offroads) with 285/70R17 Toyo AT-II tires. We had to trim the fender liner and a small portion of the backside of the plastic over fender (nothing else). It did not come near rubbing on the cab-mount. He has Bilstein 5100s set to approximately 2" of lift (second highest perch).

Suspension side clearance (plenty):

I have also tested the 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroads with 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers and Nitto Dune Grapplers on Tacomas with the same lift, and we only had minor fender liner / over fender rubbing. Plenty of cab mount clearance.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #1226
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean by "more agressive fitment" on the six shooters? Less clearance inside to the UCA than with the countersteers? Or more offset/more distance?

Thanks, those pictures look great!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #1227
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the photos, Dustin. I may go with the 16x8 and a smaller tire bc it looks like he is stuffing a whole lot of tire in that fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Nice talking with you too!

Here's a customer's truck that I did with 17x9" 0mm offset Konig Six Shooters (more aggressive fitment than the 16x8" Countersteer Offroads) with 285/70R17 Toyo AT-II tires. We had to trim the fender liner and a small portion of the backside of the plastic over fender (nothing else). It did not come near rubbing on the cab-mount. He has Bilstein 5100s set to approximately 2" of lift (second highest perch).

Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #1228
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
By more aggressive he just means it sticks out from the wheel well more. Look at the pic of the front of the truck. You can see how the tires stick out on either side.

I still prefer the 16x8 w/ 4.5bs all day
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #1229
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
How is 0 Offset more aggressive? I would consider -6 offset more agressive as it pushes the wheel out more.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #1230
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
How is 0 Offset more aggressive? I would consider -6 offset more agressive as it pushes the wheel out more.
It's not relative to zero but relative to stock. Stock Tacoma wheels have a positive offset. So going back to zero pushes them outward some, depending on the width of the wheel as well. Going to a negative offset can be too far out of stock specs to fit well pretty easily. Compared to zero, zero is no different. Compared to a positive offset zero is aggressive.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #1231
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
What do you mean by "more agressive fitment" on the six shooters? Less clearance inside to the UCA than with the countersteers? Or more offset/more distance?

Thanks, those pictures look great!
No problem! Allow me to explain.

I mean more aggressive for the following reason:

-The Six Shooters that this customer had me install on his truck are 9" wide. This is 1" wider than the 16x8" Konig Countersteer Offroad, and 1.5" or 2" wider than OEM 2nd Generation Tacoma (6-lug) wheels.

-The offset of the Six Shooters is 0mm, which is 30mm to 35mm lower than the factory wheels, and it is the same offset as the Countersteer Offroad (although it is on a wider width, which means that there is more wheel inside and oustide the fender vs. an 8" wide 0mm offset wheel).

However, even with this more aggressive fitment plus a more aggressive tire size : 285/70R17, we did not have rubbing on the cab mount, and we had only minor rubbing on the fender liner / over fender with a very mild lift (Bilstein 5100 shocks set to the 2.0" - 2.25" lift setting).

Quote:
Thanks for the photos, Dustin. I may go with the 16x8 and a smaller tire bc it looks like he is stuffing a whole lot of tire in that fender.
No problem! I'm glad the photos were able to help you figure out how you want your truck to look.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
It's not relative to zero but relative to stock. Stock Tacoma wheels have a positive offset. So going back to zero pushes them outward some, depending on the width of the wheel as well. Going to a negative offset can be too far out of stock specs to fit well pretty easily. Compared to zero, zero is no different. Compared to a positive offset zero is aggressive.
Offset and aggressiveness of fitment are all relative to wheel width.

-6mm offset would be an aggressive offset for a 2nd Gen Tacoma (and a slightly aggressive offset for a 1st Gen Tacoma) with most wheel widths.

If the wheel is 7" wide with -6mm offset, this would actually be less aggressive than a wheel that is 8" wide with 0mm offset.

Likewise, if you have an 8" wide wheel with a -6mm offset, the outward stance would be narrower than a 9" wide 0mm offset wheel (such as the Konig Six Shooter).

Last comparison (for now) : If you compare an 8" wide 0mm offset wheel to a 9" wide 0mm offset wheel, the 9" wide wheel will have an additional .5" of outward stance, and it will also be .5" closer to the suspension.

But again, my photos above illustrate than you can safe install 9" wide / 0mm offset / 5" backspacing wheels with 285mm tires on a Tacoma and you will not rub on the suspension. There is a ton of a room (look at my hand in between the control arm and the inside edge of the wheel/tire).

If you have any other questions at all or need any further clarification just let me know.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #1232
Thanks to BuzzardsgottaEat and Dustin. I didn't know the stock wheels were positive offset. Also didn't think about wheel width difference. Muchas Gracias!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #1233
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Thanks to BuzzardsgottaEat and Dustin. I didn't know the stock wheels were positive offset. Also didn't think about wheel width difference. Muchas Gracias!
No problem!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #1234
easystickerco is on a distinguished road
easystickerco's Tacoma Gallery
love mine too
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #1235
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by easystickerco View Post
love mine too
Thank you for doing such a great job on our stickers too!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #1236
PARTS HOARDER

UPDATE:

A small batch of 16x8" Countersteer Offroads in graphite gunmetal just arrived ahead of schedule!

Please PM me if you're interested in a set! They are in-stock and ready to ship immediately!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #1237
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Saw someone above looking for 265's on the countersteer with a 3" lift. Below is my truck with 22.5" hub to fender measurment in the front and expo leaf packs in back with 24.5 hub to fender measurement. 265's look fine but i'll be going with 285's next time around. Still loving these wheels by the way!!!!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #1238
GRAFH is on a distinguished road
GRAFH's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if I should have accepted this bronze, I should have went with black or grey. These toyo open country mt's are sic though.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #1240

Matte bronze is where it's at glad to see another Pickup rockin these as far as I know there are now only two people doing so.