LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

16x8 Konig CounterSteer Offroads

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #1362
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I think its a great match

Lots of people think I had the wheels custom painted to match!
Thank you for your input! I always love seeing your truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Gotta sell my dodge then iíll be ordering a set sir. Thanks for the replies
Cool! Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Will these work with Toyota tpms sensors? Meaning if you bought the wheels, then bought Toyota tpms sensors, you could install the sensors on the wheels and have them programmed to the ecu just as you do when swapping to different Toyota wheels?

Just curious, i'm too broke for wheels that beautiful
Yes, the Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels are 100% compatible with 20 degree angled Toyota TPMS sensors. The 20 degree sensors are the sensors that come in aluminum alloy Toyota wheels (steel Toyota wheels use a 40 degree angled sensor, which isn't compatible with alloy wheels).

If your truck came with alloy wheels and TPMS sensors you can just transfer your sensors right into the Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels.

If your truck came with steel wheels you can order Toyota 20 degree TPMS sensors, and just as you said, install them into the Konig Countersteer Offroads and then have the ECU programmed to recognize. Alternately, you can also order aftermarket programmable sensors and have the shop program those to mimic your original sensors.

For those local to Southern California - I do have a TPMS programmer and I offer the service for a nominal charge to anyone buying my wheels that needs sensors or an ECU programmed.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #1363
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody running these with black fender flares? like the ones that come on base model tacomas.

Interested in the matte black ones.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #1364
Skelt11 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Bryan
Skelt11's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires and lift?

Quote:
I think its a great match

Lots of people think I had the wheels custom painted to match!
Looks awesome man! What lift and tire size are you running? I just picked up a '12 TRD Sport and am learning about lifts and tire size.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #1365
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelt11 View Post
Looks awesome man! What lift and tire size are you running? I just picked up a '12 TRD Sport and am learning about lifts and tire size.
Thanks man!
I'm running a fox MT lift, tires are 265/75/16. More details in my build thread. Click my sig pic.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #1366
Hang on, I saw this done in a cartoon once!
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mdkingen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUtaco View Post
Anybody running these with black fender flares? like the ones that come on base model tacomas.

Interested in the matte black ones.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #1367
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thank you for your input! I always love seeing your truck!

Cool! Sounds good!

Yes, the Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels are 100% compatible with 20 degree angled Toyota TPMS sensors. The 20 degree sensors are the sensors that come in aluminum alloy Toyota wheels (steel Toyota wheels use a 40 degree angled sensor, which isn't compatible with alloy wheels).

If your truck came with alloy wheels and TPMS sensors you can just transfer your sensors right into the Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels.

If your truck came with steel wheels you can order Toyota 20 degree TPMS sensors, and just as you said, install them into the Konig Countersteer Offroads and then have the ECU programmed to recognize. Alternately, you can also order aftermarket programmable sensors and have the shop program those to mimic your original sensors.

For those local to Southern California - I do have a TPMS programmer and I offer the service for a nominal charge to anyone buying my wheels that needs sensors or an ECU programmed.
I have my 40 degree sensors installed in my countersteers with no problems. The guy at discount tire said he just had to be a little bit careful.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #1368
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkingen View Post

Thank you for posting your photo to help out FSUtaco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdkingen View Post
I have my 40 degree sensors installed in my countersteers with no problems. The guy at discount tire said he just had to be a little bit careful.
I believe the 40 degree sensor from the steel wheel can be installed into an alloy wheel if it's turned around backwards. There are also special cradles and bands that can be used to mount them to the barrel.

We like to switch out the sensors for 20 degree sensors from alloys or for EZ Sensors from Schraeder just to be safe. My fear would be that an unsuspecting tire shop might break the sensor if you install a steel wheel sensor in a non-factory position in an alloy wheel. However, as long as you let any future tire shop know then it should be any issue.

I do receive PMs and phone calls quite often asking about TPMS compatibility. Here's another friendly reminder to everyone:

The Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels and all of the other wheels that I am currently selling are 100% directly plug and play compatible with all TPMS sensors from all manufacturers, including Toyota alloy wheel sensors, with the only know exception of Toyota steel wheel 40 degree sensors.

TPMS sensors from Toyota steel wheels will require modification (or recommended replacement) to work with any alloy wheels (even including other Toyota wheels which are alloys). This means that you can't directly take your TPMS sensors from your factory Toyota steel wheels and bolt them into a factory Toyota alloy wheel either, even though both wheels are factory Toyota wheels.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #1369
PARTS HOARDER

A limited production run of anodized bronze will be available in approximately two weeks! Please PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #1370
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have a photo of a red truck with Bronze Konig Countersteers? Deciding between matte black or bronze for my truck. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #1371
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
Anybody have a photo of a red truck with Bronze Konig Countersteers? Deciding between matte black or bronze for my truck. Thanks.
For some reason we don't have a whole lot of photos of bronze on red Tacomas. I think that red Tacomas are fairly rare, because we have very few photos in general of our wheels on red trucks.

Here are a couple photos of the now-discontinued 5-lug Countersteers on a red 2nd Gen Tacoma, but the overall design is the very similar to the still-in-production 6-lug Countersteer Offroads:

(color shown is anodized bronze):

Here is the FN Wheels Five Star in matte bronze (very similar to the matte bronze that is available for the Countersteer Offroad) on a red Tacoma:

I hope these photos help illustrate the color combination.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1372
Eldo is on a distinguished road
Eldo's Tacoma Gallery
bump for some quality wheels!
Old 10-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #1373
octoyotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
octoyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you guys still selling these wheels? I want to buy them asap
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #1374
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoyotaco View Post
Shoot Dustin a PM if he has not already sent you one
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/member.php?u=35758
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1375
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
bump for some quality wheels!
Lookin' good! Thank you my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoyotaco View Post
Yessir, we are still going strong. PM sent to you.

Quote:
Shoot Dustin a PM if he has not already sent you one
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/member.php?u=35758
Thank you!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #1376
PARTS HOARDER

Matte bronze Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels are back in stock! I'm almost sold out again, but I do have a few sets available for immediate shipment.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #1377
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Matte bronze Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels are back in stock! I'm almost sold out again, but I do have a few sets available for immediate shipment.
Thanks for the photos of red trucks w bronze wheels justin. I'm torn btwn matte black or anodized bronze rims on my Barcelona red double cab. Anyone wanna offer suggestions?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
Thanks for the photos of red trucks w bronze wheels justin. I'm torn btwn matte black or anodized bronze rims on my Barcelona red double cab. Anyone wanna offer suggestions?
Black looks especially awesome on red, white and silver trucks.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #1379
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Hey Jd, I posted this on XRU. You will probably get some PMs soon. Good stuff.
You're awesome, thanks for your help!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #1380
PARTS HOARDER

By popular demand, 16x8" Konig Countersteer Type X wheels are here:

Available colors: Dark Metallic Blue (aka Magnesium Blue), Matte Black and Matte Bronze.

Specs:

16x8"
0mm offset
4.5" back spacing
6x139.7mm bolt pattern
18.55lbs per wheel - LIGHT!
1,000kg (2,200lbs) load rating - STRONG!
Clears all years of Tacoma brakes and clears all models of 6-lug Tundra brake calipers (for those who have done the conversion).

Wheel weight confirmation: