Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

17x8 Konig CounterSteer Type X

Reply
 
* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #701
i eat Spam
SLAPS808 is on a distinguished road
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
Marines:
Joined: Jul 2010, #40596
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
SLAPS808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thank you my friend! I really appreciate your business and friendliness! It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Now let's see some photos of your truck once you get the wheels mounted up.
will do, sir.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #702
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Happy Friday! PM's sent to everyone who inquired.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #703
Senior Member
drewgodfrey is on a distinguished road
 
drewgodfrey's Avatar
Name: drew
Joined: Jul 2012, #83764
Location: Yucaipa SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 105
drewgodfrey's Tacoma Gallery


Here is another pic of my truck...Not the best pic but i painted the brake calipers red and put the center caps on the rims!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #704
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgodfrey View Post

Here is another pic of my truck...Not the best pic but i painted the brake calipers red and put the center caps on the rims!
I'm diggin' the painted calipers! Caps look good too!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #705
Senior Member
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Joined: Mar 2013, #99301
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 419
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Free bumps for FN Wheels
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #706
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Free bumps for FN Wheels
It was very nice meeting you Kevin! Thanks again!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #707
Senior Member
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road
 
JoseyWells's Avatar
Name: Joe
Joined: Dec 2011, #69448
Location: Corona, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
Still any matte black in stock? Want to stop by today if there are any
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #708
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWells View Post
Still any matte black in stock? Want to stop by today if there are any
Yes, I do have three (3) sets of matte black in stock as of today. You can definitely come by to check them out. Please give me a call : (909)268-6378.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #709
Senior Member
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road
 
JoseyWells's Avatar
Name: Joe
Joined: Dec 2011, #69448
Location: Corona, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 144
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
What time do you guys close today?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #710
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWells View Post
What time do you guys close today?
Give me a call anytime that is convenient for you. I can meet you / show you the wheels anytime.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #711
Member
trdizzle is on a distinguished road
 
trdizzle's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Aug 2011, #61830
Location: Oahu
Gender: Male
Posts: 35
trdizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Rims been sitting In the garage for a while, I finally got them on with my lift yesterday! Looks sick! [/IMG]
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #712
Senior Member
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about
 
TacomaChris's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2011, #64233
Location: NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 377
TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
I will say this - Dustin is great to deal with. I only ordered wheel caps but he shipped them same day and they arrived lightning fast. Two thumbs up
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #713
Senior Member
juan01 is on a distinguished road
 
juan01's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2009, #22248
Location: Guam
Gender: Male
Posts: 155
juan01's Tacoma Gallery
Will these ever be available in the mag blue again?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #714
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdizzle View Post
Rims been sitting In the garage for a while, I finally got them on with my lift yesterday! Looks sick! [/IMG]
Nice! Perfect ride height and stance. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy the wheels now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
I will say this - Dustin is great to deal with. I only ordered wheel caps but he shipped them same day and they arrived lightning fast. Two thumbs up
Thank you Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan01 View Post
Will these ever be available in the mag blue again?
We actually never offered the Countersteer Type X in mag blue. We did offer the Countersteer Offroad some years ago (close to 5 years ago) in mag blue.

I'd personally love to see the Countersteer Type X in mag blue. I can offer it as one of two options:

1) A custom finish done by refinishing (sand blasting, powder coating and clear coating) a new set of wheels that are presently a standard color. This service will cost slightly more, because we have to pay our powder coater.

2) We can offer mag blue as a factory finish if we're able to get a total of 5-7 customers to pre-order with a deposit to Konig's minimum order per color. There would be no additional charge for this option, but there would be added wait time while we get the customers together and then wait for Konig to produce the wheels.

I stock the standard colors, and I've added additional standard colors over the last year as the demand has increased (such as anthracite light gunmetal for the Countersteer Type X and graphite gunmetal for the Countersteer Offroad), so that customers wouldn't have to wait. As of right now we haven't had enough customers asking for mag blue on any one wheel in particular to be able to offer it as a factory production color.

I personally would count myself in for a set of mag blue too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #716
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
What's the best TPMS solution for these wheels?

F'n Rockin' by the way, these are at the top of my list. . .
Thanks! Now you know why we're called FN Wheels.

Original TPMS sensors from factory aluminum alloy wheels will transfer right over with no complications.

If you have steel wheels from the factory, you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Order sensors that are used in Toyota alloy wheels and reprogram your vehicle to recognize these sensors (requires a special reprogramming tool which we do have, but if you're not local you'll need to find a shop that has one).

2) Order EZ Sensors from Schraeder or another brand (I recommend EZ Sensors), and have someone with the tool mentioned above program the sensors to mimic your steel wheels' sensor codes. This is my most recommended solution.

3) Use your original steel wheel sensors with an aftermarket stainless steel band that wraps around the barrel of the wheel. This is my least recommended solution.

4) Do no reinstall the sensors from your steel wheels at all, and either build a pressured PVC pipe to put the sensors in so you can trick the vehicle's computer, or just leave the TPMS light on and ignore it. *I cannot legally recommend this as an option at all, but since it does exist you can consider this an option. Check your tire pressure regularly (which we all should do regardless if we have TPMS sensors or not).

These procedures are ONLY necessary if you have a Toyota truck that came with steel wheels, and the truck uses TPMS sensors. If you have a Toyota truck with alloy wheels, or a truck from any other car manufacturer your original TPMS sensors transfer right over.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #717
Senior Member
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
EatMyTacomaDust's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2011, #55366
Gender: Guy
Posts: 649
EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thanks! Now you know why we're called FN Wheels.

Original TPMS sensors from factory aluminum alloy wheels will transfer right over with no complications.

If you have steel wheels from the factory, you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Order sensors that are used in Toyota alloy wheels and reprogram your vehicle to recognize these sensors (requires a special reprogramming tool which we do have, but if you're not local you'll need to find a shop that has one).

2) Order EZ Sensors from Schraeder or another brand (I recommend EZ Sensors), and have someone with the tool mentioned above program the sensors to mimic your steel wheels' sensor codes. This is my most recommended solution.

3) Use your original steel wheel sensors with an aftermarket stainless steel band that wraps around the barrel of the wheel. This is my least recommended solution.

4) Do no reinstall the sensors from your steel wheels at all, and either build a pressured PVC pipe to put the sensors in so you can trick the vehicle's computer, or just leave the TPMS light on and ignore it. *I cannot legally recommend this as an option at all, but since it does exist you can consider this an option. Check your tire pressure regularly (which we all should do regardless if we have TPMS sensors or not).

These procedures are ONLY necessary if you have a Toyota truck that came with steel wheels, and the truck uses TPMS sensors. If you have a Toyota truck with alloy wheels, or a truck from any other car manufacturer your original TPMS sensors transfer right over.
Haha! Yeah I thought of that when I was writing the post. Thanks for the detailed response - I do in fact have stock steel wheels.

I like your Schraeder EZ Sensor idea as I have priced TPMS out at my Toyota dealership and they are close to $500 for 4.

Regarding the EZ Sensor, should I buy the Schraeder's made for a Toyota or does it matter at that point because I would be putting them on your wheels and not stock Toyota wheels?

Also, does the MHz matter, I see they have 315MHz and 412MHz then the one for Toyota doesn't list Mhz?

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #718
JdMeF9SiR2 [OP] JdMeF9SiR2 is offline
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,070
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Haha! Yeah I thought of that when I was writing the post. Thanks for the detailed response - I do in fact have stock steel wheels.

I like your Schraeder EZ Sensor idea as I have priced TPMS out at my Toyota dealership and they are close to $500 for 4.

Regarding the EZ Sensor, should I buy the Schraeder's made for a Toyota or does it matter at that point because I would be putting them on your wheels and not stock Toyota wheels?

Also, does the MHz matter, I see they have 315MHz and 412MHz then the one for Toyota doesn't list Mhz?

Thanks.
No problem!

You'll want the 315MHz Schraeder EZ-Sensor. Part No. 33000.

http://www.ez-sensor.com/pdf/ez-sens...n-coverage.pdf

The EZ-Sensor is a "universal" sensor made by Schraeder (Schraeder makes OEM sensors too). The sensor is blank, and it can be programmed with the same codes as your steel wheels' sensors, so you don't have to reprogram your truck's ECU.

The EZ-Sensors are significantly less expensive than the original sensors ($300 - $500 for original sensors as you mentioned). The EZ-Sensors should be $200 or less for a set of four sensors + whatever your tire shop charges you to program them (I have a programmer tool and I can program them for a small charge if you're local to Southern California). The quality is just as good as the original sensors, since Schraeder is an OE supplier to most car manufacturers.



Disclaimer:

I know that I've received some PMs and comments in the past from folks that were confused into thinking there is something different about our wheels and TPMS sensors. I think this is due to the time I've taken to make detailed responses about TPMS sensors in my for-sale threads, while most other guys selling wheels do not elaborate on the subject quite as much.

I don't want to confuse anyone. Our wheels are 100% compatible with original TPMS sensors from Toyota alloy wheels. Any tire shop can remove your old sensors and install them right into our wheels if your truck came with alloy wheels.

This information only applies to Toyotas that came equipped with steel wheels, and it is only applicable when changing from a Toyota with steel wheels to any alloy wheel (including going from a factory Toyota steel wheel to a factory Toyota alloy wheel).

I'm definitely happy to answer any other questions about TPMS sensor options that anyone might have, since I have worked with Toyota wheels and tires since before the first Toyota trucks came out with TPMS sensors (and I continue to stay current on the subject as well).
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #719
Senior Member
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
EatMyTacomaDust's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2011, #55366
Gender: Guy
Posts: 649
EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
No problem!

You'll want the 315MHz Schraeder EZ-Sensor. Part No. 33000.

http://www.ez-sensor.com/pdf/ez-sens...n-coverage.pdf

The EZ-Sensor is a "universal" sensor made by Schraeder (Schraeder makes OEM sensors too). The sensor is blank, and it can be programmed with the same codes as your steel wheels' sensors, so you don't have to reprogram your truck's ECU.

The EZ-Sensors are significantly less expensive than the original sensors ($300 - $500 for original sensors as you mentioned). The EZ-Sensors should be $200 or less for a set of four sensors + whatever your tire shop charges you to program them (I have a programmer tool and I can program them for a small charge if you're local to Southern California). The quality is just as good as the original sensors, since Schraeder is an OE supplier to most car manufacturers.
Awesome - Appreciate the full details there. Good to know ahead of time that I need to get these. Thanks for all of your detailed answers. Looking forward to getting a set of these wheels in the future. By far, the best looking wheels I've seen, and I've been looking at a ton of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #720
Shadetree Artilleryman
dudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of light
 
dudeondacouch's Avatar
Army:
Name: Gunny
Joined: Feb 2010, #31293
Location: El Paso
Gender: Dude
Posts: 96
dudeondacouch's Tacoma Gallery
OP:YGPM
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soon...Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X zx5go Wheels & Tires 19 08-23-2012 03:03 AM
My Konig Countersteer Offroad Type X fitment problems vermintrex Wheels & Tires 62 09-20-2011 10:43 PM
konig countersteer THXEY Wheels & Tires 22 03-24-2011 09:29 AM
FS: 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X Candy Purple JdMeF9SiR2 Buy / Sell / Trade 56 01-28-2011 10:39 AM
Konig Countersteer Type x TRDsport253 2nd Gen. Tacomas 35 06-06-2010 03:47 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.