Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

17x8 Konig CounterSteer Type X

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #701
i eat Spam
SLAPS808 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
SLAPS808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Thank you my friend! I really appreciate your business and friendliness! It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Now let's see some photos of your truck once you get the wheels mounted up.
will do, sir.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #702
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Happy Friday! PM's sent to everyone who inquired.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #703
drewgodfrey is on a distinguished road

Name: drew
drewgodfrey's Tacoma Gallery

Here is another pic of my truck...Not the best pic but i painted the brake calipers red and put the center caps on the rims!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #704
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgodfrey View Post

Here is another pic of my truck...Not the best pic but i painted the brake calipers red and put the center caps on the rims!
I'm diggin' the painted calipers! Caps look good too!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #705
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Free bumps for FN Wheels
Old 04-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #706
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevoh View Post
Free bumps for FN Wheels
It was very nice meeting you Kevin! Thanks again!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #707
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
Still any matte black in stock? Want to stop by today if there are any
Old 04-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #708
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWells View Post
Still any matte black in stock? Want to stop by today if there are any
Yes, I do have three (3) sets of matte black in stock as of today. You can definitely come by to check them out. Please give me a call : (909)268-6378.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #709
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
What time do you guys close today?
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #710
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWells View Post
What time do you guys close today?
Give me a call anytime that is convenient for you. I can meet you / show you the wheels anytime.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #711
trdizzle is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
trdizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Rims been sitting In the garage for a while, I finally got them on with my lift yesterday! Looks sick! [/IMG]
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #712
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
I will say this - Dustin is great to deal with. I only ordered wheel caps but he shipped them same day and they arrived lightning fast. Two thumbs up
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #713
juan01 is on a distinguished road

juan01's Tacoma Gallery
Will these ever be available in the mag blue again?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #714
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdizzle View Post
Rims been sitting In the garage for a while, I finally got them on with my lift yesterday! Looks sick! [/IMG]
Nice! Perfect ride height and stance. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy the wheels now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaChris View Post
I will say this - Dustin is great to deal with. I only ordered wheel caps but he shipped them same day and they arrived lightning fast. Two thumbs up
Thank you Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan01 View Post
Will these ever be available in the mag blue again?
We actually never offered the Countersteer Type X in mag blue. We did offer the Countersteer Offroad some years ago (close to 5 years ago) in mag blue.

I'd personally love to see the Countersteer Type X in mag blue. I can offer it as one of two options:

1) A custom finish done by refinishing (sand blasting, powder coating and clear coating) a new set of wheels that are presently a standard color. This service will cost slightly more, because we have to pay our powder coater.

2) We can offer mag blue as a factory finish if we're able to get a total of 5-7 customers to pre-order with a deposit to Konig's minimum order per color. There would be no additional charge for this option, but there would be added wait time while we get the customers together and then wait for Konig to produce the wheels.

I stock the standard colors, and I've added additional standard colors over the last year as the demand has increased (such as anthracite light gunmetal for the Countersteer Type X and graphite gunmetal for the Countersteer Offroad), so that customers wouldn't have to wait. As of right now we haven't had enough customers asking for mag blue on any one wheel in particular to be able to offer it as a factory production color.

I personally would count myself in for a set of mag blue too.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #716
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
What's the best TPMS solution for these wheels?

F'n Rockin' by the way, these are at the top of my list. . .
Thanks! Now you know why we're called FN Wheels.

Original TPMS sensors from factory aluminum alloy wheels will transfer right over with no complications.

If you have steel wheels from the factory, you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Order sensors that are used in Toyota alloy wheels and reprogram your vehicle to recognize these sensors (requires a special reprogramming tool which we do have, but if you're not local you'll need to find a shop that has one).

2) Order EZ Sensors from Schraeder or another brand (I recommend EZ Sensors), and have someone with the tool mentioned above program the sensors to mimic your steel wheels' sensor codes. This is my most recommended solution.

3) Use your original steel wheel sensors with an aftermarket stainless steel band that wraps around the barrel of the wheel. This is my least recommended solution.

4) Do no reinstall the sensors from your steel wheels at all, and either build a pressured PVC pipe to put the sensors in so you can trick the vehicle's computer, or just leave the TPMS light on and ignore it. *I cannot legally recommend this as an option at all, but since it does exist you can consider this an option. Check your tire pressure regularly (which we all should do regardless if we have TPMS sensors or not).

These procedures are ONLY necessary if you have a Toyota truck that came with steel wheels, and the truck uses TPMS sensors. If you have a Toyota truck with alloy wheels, or a truck from any other car manufacturer your original TPMS sensors transfer right over.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #717
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! Now you know why we're called FN Wheels.

Original TPMS sensors from factory aluminum alloy wheels will transfer right over with no complications.

If you have steel wheels from the factory, you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Order sensors that are used in Toyota alloy wheels and reprogram your vehicle to recognize these sensors (requires a special reprogramming tool which we do have, but if you're not local you'll need to find a shop that has one).

2) Order EZ Sensors from Schraeder or another brand (I recommend EZ Sensors), and have someone with the tool mentioned above program the sensors to mimic your steel wheels' sensor codes. This is my most recommended solution.

3) Use your original steel wheel sensors with an aftermarket stainless steel band that wraps around the barrel of the wheel. This is my least recommended solution.

4) Do no reinstall the sensors from your steel wheels at all, and either build a pressured PVC pipe to put the sensors in so you can trick the vehicle's computer, or just leave the TPMS light on and ignore it. *I cannot legally recommend this as an option at all, but since it does exist you can consider this an option. Check your tire pressure regularly (which we all should do regardless if we have TPMS sensors or not).

These procedures are ONLY necessary if you have a Toyota truck that came with steel wheels, and the truck uses TPMS sensors. If you have a Toyota truck with alloy wheels, or a truck from any other car manufacturer your original TPMS sensors transfer right over.
Haha! Yeah I thought of that when I was writing the post. Thanks for the detailed response - I do in fact have stock steel wheels.

I like your Schraeder EZ Sensor idea as I have priced TPMS out at my Toyota dealership and they are close to $500 for 4.

Regarding the EZ Sensor, should I buy the Schraeder's made for a Toyota or does it matter at that point because I would be putting them on your wheels and not stock Toyota wheels?

Also, does the MHz matter, I see they have 315MHz and 412MHz then the one for Toyota doesn't list Mhz?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #718
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTacomaDust View Post
Haha! Yeah I thought of that when I was writing the post. Thanks for the detailed response - I do in fact have stock steel wheels.

I like your Schraeder EZ Sensor idea as I have priced TPMS out at my Toyota dealership and they are close to $500 for 4.

Regarding the EZ Sensor, should I buy the Schraeder's made for a Toyota or does it matter at that point because I would be putting them on your wheels and not stock Toyota wheels?

Also, does the MHz matter, I see they have 315MHz and 412MHz then the one for Toyota doesn't list Mhz?

Thanks.
No problem!

You'll want the 315MHz Schraeder EZ-Sensor. Part No. 33000.

http://www.ez-sensor.com/pdf/ez-sens...n-coverage.pdf

The EZ-Sensor is a "universal" sensor made by Schraeder (Schraeder makes OEM sensors too). The sensor is blank, and it can be programmed with the same codes as your steel wheels' sensors, so you don't have to reprogram your truck's ECU.

The EZ-Sensors are significantly less expensive than the original sensors ($300 - $500 for original sensors as you mentioned). The EZ-Sensors should be $200 or less for a set of four sensors + whatever your tire shop charges you to program them (I have a programmer tool and I can program them for a small charge if you're local to Southern California). The quality is just as good as the original sensors, since Schraeder is an OE supplier to most car manufacturers.

Disclaimer:

I know that I've received some PMs and comments in the past from folks that were confused into thinking there is something different about our wheels and TPMS sensors. I think this is due to the time I've taken to make detailed responses about TPMS sensors in my for-sale threads, while most other guys selling wheels do not elaborate on the subject quite as much.

I don't want to confuse anyone. Our wheels are 100% compatible with original TPMS sensors from Toyota alloy wheels. Any tire shop can remove your old sensors and install them right into our wheels if your truck came with alloy wheels.

This information only applies to Toyotas that came equipped with steel wheels, and it is only applicable when changing from a Toyota with steel wheels to any alloy wheel (including going from a factory Toyota steel wheel to a factory Toyota alloy wheel).

I'm definitely happy to answer any other questions about TPMS sensor options that anyone might have, since I have worked with Toyota wheels and tires since before the first Toyota trucks came out with TPMS sensors (and I continue to stay current on the subject as well).
Old 05-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #719
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem!

You'll want the 315MHz Schraeder EZ-Sensor. Part No. 33000.

http://www.ez-sensor.com/pdf/ez-sens...n-coverage.pdf

The EZ-Sensor is a "universal" sensor made by Schraeder (Schraeder makes OEM sensors too). The sensor is blank, and it can be programmed with the same codes as your steel wheels' sensors, so you don't have to reprogram your truck's ECU.

The EZ-Sensors are significantly less expensive than the original sensors ($300 - $500 for original sensors as you mentioned). The EZ-Sensors should be $200 or less for a set of four sensors + whatever your tire shop charges you to program them (I have a programmer tool and I can program them for a small charge if you're local to Southern California). The quality is just as good as the original sensors, since Schraeder is an OE supplier to most car manufacturers.
Awesome - Appreciate the full details there. Good to know ahead of time that I need to get these. Thanks for all of your detailed answers. Looking forward to getting a set of these wheels in the future. By far, the best looking wheels I've seen, and I've been looking at a ton of them.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #720
Shadetree Artilleryman
dudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of light

Army:
Name: Gunny
dudeondacouch's Tacoma Gallery
OP:YGPM