Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade > Wheels & Tires Marketplace

Notices

17x8 Konig CounterSteer Type X

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #761
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd17usmc View Post

thanks, sounds great. ive been wanting to stuff some beefy tires on a tacoma since i bought my first taco in '07 which was 2wd so i ended up just leveling it and putting 32 m/t's on it just to be somewhat practical. mud flaps are already off my truck, did that the day i brought it home from the dealership. just like the look of the truck without them.
when you mention the small mud flap, are you talking about the small approx. 5x4 ones underside the front of the front wheel wells? thank you for all the great info. if it clears the suspension fine. unless any areas on the fenders are gonna rub real bad in normal road driving, i can hold off hitting the trails for a few days after. might make a good weekend project for me and the pops to do some cutting and testing where its rubbing.
You're welcome!

Yes, on the 2012 there are rectangular flaps on the underside of the front wheel well in the area where the bumper meets (directly in front of the center of the tire). On your 2007 there would have been a "nub" that sticks down, but on 2012+ models it is just a flap held on by two 10mm bolts. Simply remove this flap for added clearance.

Suspension clearance (spring perch and upper control arm) will be just fine due to the 4.1" back spacing.

Fender trimming is extremely quick and easy with a sharp knife. If you can put the front end under a little bit of load, have someone sit inside and crank the wheel until it rubs. Note the area that rubs, then trim and remove that area. It will be a small part of the plastic over fender. You won't even notice it once it's been removed.

The cab mount chop is a little more labor intensive, but if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself a good fabrication shop should be able to do it for $200 or less (total). This is another modification that you won't be able to see once it's been done either. You can order a CNC cut plate for the cab mount chop here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ount-chop.html
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #762
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UPDATE 10/10/2013:

Good news! I just received word from Konig that the 17x8" Countersteer Type X in matte black will back in stock at the end of next week / beginning of the following week. This is about 3 weeks sooner than expected.

I will ship all pre-orders immediately, and I'll contact everyone who is on the interest list as well as soon as the wheels arrive.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #763
PARTS HOARDER

Matte black Konig Countersteer Type X wheels are back in stock!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #764
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got a pic of the 17x8 with 265/70 BFG ATs mounted on them?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #765
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
Anybody got a pic of the 17x8 with 265/70 BFG ATs mounted on them?
I'm digging through my photos trying to find some for you. I know this is a very common setup, but for some reason I can't find any photos of this tire combination. This is a popular combo with a lot of the 4Runner guys too.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #766
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
I'm digging through my photos trying to find some for you. I know this is a very common setup, but for some reason I can't find any photos of this tire combination. This is a popular combo with a lot of the 4Runner guys too.
Thanks for looking. I've already commited to buying the tires(new) from a member here next month and want to find a wheel that looks good with them. Trying to decide between these and the six shooters in 17x8.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #768

I can't seem to access them on Tapatalk. I'll check them out when I get home.Thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #770
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I have 275/70 BFG AT's on these wheels, plenty of pics in my gallery if you care to look.
You're the best, thanks for posting! Do you mind if I save some of your pictures and repost them/use them on the website?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #772
PARTS HOARDER

By popular demand, 16x8" Konig Countersteer Type X wheels are here:

Available colors: Dark Metallic Blue (aka Magnesium Blue), Matte Black and Matte Bronze.

Specs:

16x8"
0mm offset
4.5" back spacing
6x139.7mm bolt pattern
18.55lbs per wheel - LIGHT!
1,000kg (2,200lbs) load rating - STRONG!
Clears all years of Tacoma brakes and clears all models of 6-lug Tundra brake calipers (for those who have done the conversion).

Wheel weight confirmation:

Old 10-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #773
JoseyWells is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoseyWells's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to install mine
Old 11-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #774
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWells View Post
cant wait to install mine
Old 11-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #775
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
shipping costs to canada?

im looking at a 16x8 matte black set, thx
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #776
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizzy View Post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-offroads.html
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #777
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wanting the type x in 16" not the counter steer off roads which I gather are two different rims...

The type x just came out in 16" I think as they arnt listed on fnwheels site yet .

Thx for the link though
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #778
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
16x8 Magnesium Blue

Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #779
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
bad azz wheels right there!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #780
PARTS HOARDER

Quote:

PM sent to you. Thank you!

Quote:
I'm wanting the type x in 16" not the counter steer off roads which I gather are two different rims...

The type x just came out in 16" I think as they arnt listed on fnwheels site yet .

Thx for the link though
Just released:

http://www.fnwheels.com/16x8-konig-c...eels-are-here/

(See 671taco's post as well )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671taco View Post
16x8 Magnesium Blue
Lookin' good sir, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAWG View Post
bad azz wheels right there!