Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Might there be a problem if I buy...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Might there be a problem if I buy...

These wheels. They are 17x9. Last time I mentioned something like this another member commented about backspacing issues. I didnt understand him. Help?

http://www.bigbrandwheels.com/Produc...intProdID=3828
Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
cant find any specs for them in order to determine proper fit
Old 07-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i know another user (cant recall his name) does have a set of those on his truck...but i dont know if they were 17s or any of the other specs
Old 07-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Need to find the backspacing or offset in order to know if they will fit.

You'll want 4.5" backspacing if you want to fit 285's, and 5.5" backspacing if you want to run 265's only.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Need to find the backspacing or offset in order to know if they will fit.

You'll want 4.5" backspacing if you want to fit 285's, and 5.5" backspacing if you want to run 265's only.
I dont really understand how backspacing works. What if I want to run tires that are bigger than 265, but smaller than 285. Say I want to run 275, 70, 17's without a lift.

These wheels fit because another user has them. (I just found it sorry)
It is 12 offset, with a 4.5 backspacing. But Id still like to get my questions answered for future reference if its okay.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...c-jesters.html Doesnt look bad. I cant see the red on his though..
Old 07-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
I dont really understand how backspacing works. What if I want to run tires that are bigger than 265, but smaller than 285. Say I want to run 275, 70, 17's without a lift.

These wheels fit because another user has them. (I just found it sorry)
It is 12 offset, with a 4.5 backspacing. But Id still like to get my questions answered for future reference if its okay.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...c-jesters.html Doesnt look bad. I cant see the red on his though..
Here check out this page and it will teach you what you need to know about the different wheel specs.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

For reference, the biggest tire you can run on stock suspension without rubbing is 265/70/17.

Also, for a 9" rim, +12 offset is a 5.5" backspacing, -12 offset is 4.5", so I'd make sure that when you say it has a 12 offset, that it's actually -12.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Here check out this page and it will teach you what you need to know about the different wheel specs.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

For reference, the biggest tire you can run on stock suspension without rubbing is 265/70/17.

Also, for a 9" rim, +12 offset is a 5.5" backspacing, -12 offset is 4.5", so I'd make sure that when you say it has a 12 offset, that it's actually -12.
So would these fit on a stock suspension?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #8
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/wh...l.php?id=66728

Does this help?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
So would these fit on a stock suspension?
With 265/70/17's, yes.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it.