Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tacoma wheels, what fits, what doesnt

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma wheels, what fits, what doesnt

Here's a link to toyota tacoma wheels, any year, what fits, what doesnt. Shows the wheel styles also. Just type in your model, year, etc.
There are quite a few tire/wheel packages under $1000.00 on this site, and the package includes mounting, balanced, & lug nuts.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_carse...carMake=Toyota
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Great find (again)!! Alot of members ask what will fit their truck so this will help alot.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
The Count is on a distinguished road
The Count's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea if anyone lists fitment with consideration to a lift kit? I'm looking to use 17" x 7.5" FJ wheels after a 3" toytec lift. Can I fit Cooper STT 285/70's??? Has anyone done this? Thanx.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Critter is on a distinguished road

Critter's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Tire Rack.com

Just Google Tire Rack.com
Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
brant_trd is on a distinguished road

brant_trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Count View Post
Any idea if anyone lists fitment with consideration to a lift kit? I'm looking to use 17" x 7.5" FJ wheels after a 3" toytec lift. Can I fit Cooper STT 285/70's??? Has anyone done this? Thanx.

Yes they will fit because I have similar setup. I have a 3 inch revtech lift and 285/75 BFGs. And I have slight rubbing at full turn, but a 285/70 would be about 5% narrower, so they might fit without rubbage. Cause the 285 is how tall the tire is and the 70 is the percentage of the width.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
2nd'ed, Nice find!
Old 12-30-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
bigtuck21 is on a distinguished road
Navy: IT2 USS Blue-Ridge
bigtuck21's Tacoma Gallery
With what wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brant_trd View Post
Yes they will fit because I have similar setup. I have a 3 inch revtech lift and 285/75 BFGs. And I have slight rubbing at full turn, but a 285/70 would be about 5% narrower, so they might fit without rubbage. Cause the 285 is how tall the tire is and the 70 is the percentage of the width.

I get my 3" RevTech tomorrow. What wheels are you running? I told to keep my stock wheels I need a 1/2 " wheel spacer? I am looking at getting 285/70/17 BFG.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Tire size calculator

FOUND THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO. THIS SHOWS THE ACTUAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TIRE SIZES FRONT AND SIDE VIEWS. JUST TYPE IN THE STOCK SIZE OF YOUR TRUCK AND THE SIZE THAT YOU WANT TO GO TO.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtuck21 View Post
I get my 3" RevTech tomorrow. What wheels are you running? I told to keep my stock wheels I need a 1/2 " wheel spacer? I am looking at getting 285/70/17 BFG.
u'll definately need a spacer to run those on the stockers....i'm just not sure how much spacer u need. 1/2" should work i would think
Old 11-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If drive at a speed of 60MPH on the speedometer the GPS shows 57MPH. This goes along pretty well with Toyota's normal practices nowadays. Someone must have been sued.

I'm due for new tires and thought I'd take a stab at fixing this.

According to this calculator, if I switch from 215's to 235's this should almost make my speedometer accurate right?

Or am I missing something? Anything else impacted?

Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #11

I mean it won't NEGATIVELY affect the performance of my truck by putting slightly bigger tires on will it?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunruner19 View Post
Here's a link to toyota tacoma wheels, any year, what fits, what doesnt. Shows the wheel styles also. Just type in your model, year, etc.
There are quite a few tire/wheel packages under $1000.00 on this site, and the package includes mounting, balanced, & lug nuts.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_carse...carMake=Toyota
Good tool

Edit: misread the site.