LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painting my FJ Wheels or buying aftermarket?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Whistler_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
Painting my FJ Wheels or buying aftermarket?

So I have had the new truck for about a week now and I am already getting an itch to do something. I have a set of Silver FJ TRD SE wheels which I have not installed yet because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep them or not.

I am a big fan of Black wheels. I know it isn't original or anything but I just like them. I had a set on my old truck for about 5 years and always liked the look so I figure why change, plus the silver on red just doesn't do it for me.

So anyways the question is......should I keep the FJ wheels and powder coat/ Paint them black OR should I sell them and go for something aftermarket (XD Enduro, Pro Comp 7089, AR Mojave) ??

My original inclination was just to sell them and buy new ones but the more and more trucks I see on this site with them the more I like them. Plus I think the subtly of the red TRD on the centre caps would look really nice on the red truck.

Ohh and I should mention I plan to go with the usual 3" 285 combo...wheels are just the first step.

So what do you all think?

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
Sell me the wheels.