What Tire Pressure For My Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Sidehack is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Chuck
Sidehack's Tacoma Gallery
Question What Tire Pressure For My Tires

I just got two new tires for the rear of my DC Long Bed. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2. P265/65R17. The tire shop put 44psi in them.

I checked the two tires on the front of the truck, that the dealer put on new when I purchased the truck. They are Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684II, R265/65R17. They both had 44psi in them when I left the dealer.

My door sticker says front and rear tire pressure should be 29psi.

So, any suggestions for the tire pressure for my tires?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidehack View Post
I just got two new tires for the rear of my DC Long Bed. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2. P265/65R17. The tire shop put 44psi in them.

I checked the two tires on the front of the truck, that the dealer put on new when I purchased the truck. They are Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684II, R265/65R17. They both had 44psi in them when I left the dealer.

My door sticker says front and rear tire pressure should be 29psi.

So, any suggestions for the tire pressure for my tires?
the question I have is... is your tire pressure light on? cause if its on... I'll bring down to the sticker's numbers.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
Sidehack is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Chuck
Sidehack's Tacoma Gallery
The tire pressure warning light is not on.

I know works because after I got the nail in the sidewall (reason for new tires) the light did come on.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
As long as they're all the same, the light won't come on. 35 is a good psi to keep them at for ride comfort and tread life.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Chalk Line Test...?
I'm Missing Something, If It's Not An Inside Joke
Could You Explain, Please?
Search explains all...
From one of the numerous threads I've posted it in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If you want the MPGs...prolly a good call. The chalk line method is the best way to find the ideal pressure...then you can adjust from there for towing/wheeling/mpgs/ride.

Draw a line across the tire with chalk and then drive a short way (100 yards max) see where the line is worn. Edges warn with chalk left in the middle is under inflated, middle worn with outsides chalked is over inflated...and even chalk wear across the tire is "perfect"...Adjust from that point.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Search explains all...
From one of the numerous threads I've posted it in...
Sorry, and Thanks
Thought It Was A Comment and Didn't Give a Thought to Search For It.
Very Logical Process, Now That I've Ruled Out the Chalk-Line from A Carpenter's Tool Bag
Thanks Again