Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG AT Tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
JennyB is on a distinguished road
JennyB's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT Tire

Looking at purchasing 2010 DC, LB, SR5 with 16" alloy wheels. Anyone know what the largest size BFG AT tire the truck can take without modifications? Thx.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/r16 or 265/70/r17
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Remember to post your questions in the appropriate forum. You will get more views that way and more answers!

I just returned my BFG All Terrain 265/75/r16s.... Too damn heavy with the Load Range E. Killed my MPGs. If I could get them in the c range I would have kept them.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
JennyB is on a distinguished road
JennyB's Tacoma Gallery
New to this. Will send over to other forum. Thank you! And love the pics of your truck!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #5

Firefighter:
No worries man. Don't start a new thread over there, the mods will just move it for you when they notice it.

Thanks for the compliment! I'll post new pics once I get my duratracs mounted.

I would make sure you really want to go with the 10 ply wall of the load range e all-terrains before you buy. they are heavy as fawk and aren't really made for our mid size trucks.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #6

Firefighter:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-duratrac.html

That is a good thread to read thru because it compares the BFg to the Wrangler Duratrac.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Remember to post your questions in the appropriate forum. You will get more views that way and more answers!

I just returned my BFG All Terrain 265/75/r16s.... Too damn heavy with the Load Range E. Killed my MPGs. If I could get them in the c range I would have kept them.
Are they really that bad man?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #8

Firefighter:
I didnt think the ride was bas but they really messed up my mpgs. Probably due to the fact its a ten ply sidewall. Just my experience but only getting like 200 miles at three quarter tank not cool.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 265/65/18's
The size is alright, they were rubbing on my mud guards a little at certain angles so I just cut the bulky part of the mud guard and they're fine now.
Attached Thumbnails
BFG AT Tire-p1020483.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I have E rated KM2s (285/75/16) and I get around 17 MPGs consistently. It just depends how you drive and the terrain. For example, hills completely kill my MPG. Flat ground I can get around 385 miles in one tank.

(Highway miles that is.)