Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Really Firestone?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
toyotacoma is on a distinguished road
toyotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Really Firestone?

Just found out that when I got new tires in January, Firestone mistakenly installed two different sized tires.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
you just now caught it..??
Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
X2. That sucks.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
hope you phoned the manager and informed me the severity of this problem! who knows what could go wrong with having mismatching tire sizes!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
That sucks, man. Did you inform them of their mistake? Somebody on here not long ago had the same thing happen to them-- i'm not sure it if was Firestone, though.
I dropped my Tacoma off for an oil change/rotation/balance/etc and they called informing me of their mistake
Old 07-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sucks. At least you aren't 4wd. Also how did you miss that?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a Firestone once when I needed two new tires for my daily driver. They installed the new tires on the front of the vehicle. I had them move them to the rear for free and they will never get my business again.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
I didn't notice any imbalance at all. Must have been two of the same in the front and two different in the back or some similar combination.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I went to a Firestone once when I needed two new tires for my daily driver. They installed the new tires on the front of the vehicle. I had them move them to the rear for free and they will never get my business again.
I always thought it was better to have newer tires on the front? Isn't there a higher chance of a rollover if you get a blowout on the front?
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #11
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
I always thought it was better to have newer tires on the front? Isn't there a higher chance of a rollover if you get a blowout on the front?
This video is YouTube hosted but was made by Michelin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSz7cm6MwH0

New tires ALWAYS on the rear.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Makes sense if you live where it rains more than a couple times a year I guess
Old 07-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i will never go to firestone again. they put some tires on my truck without balancing them, then over torqued and cross threaded the lug nuts. the shop i took it to had to break of 4 studs to take the wheels and tires off. needless to say, i didnt pay for a thing and was even "over compensated"
Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. Anytime I've replaced 2 tires, I've always put the new ones on the front and I never experienced anything like that. Of course, I don't do high speed turns on wet streets either, but still, interesting video. Something to think about.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #15
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
This video is YouTube hosted but was made by Michelin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSz7cm6MwH0

New tires ALWAYS on the rear.
New tires mounted on the front, ideal conditions for Drifting!! That E36 BMW was sweet!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #16
He is The STig
mick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmick478 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bott
mick478's Tacoma Gallery
i never knew you can drift a taurus??? amazing!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick478 View Post
i never knew you can drift a taurus??? amazing!
With a little water and reckless driving, anything's possible!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
this whole thing just boggles my mind, that you wouldnt even look at the tires when they were put on, never mind 7 months later..A shop had to call you to tell you that they were wrong?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Ever wonder why they have a menu as brief as In-N-Out? It's the same people that work at both!

I had a guy once insist that someone tightened the bolts for my car's front end too tight - he couldn't get them to budge - they had done the alignment the day before and he was trying to loosen the cam and not the nut! WTF! We get what we pay for... sometimes!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
this whole thing just boggles my mind, that you wouldnt even look at the tires when they were put on, never mind 7 months later..A shop had to call you to tell you that they were wrong?
My experience with Firestone has been great up until now. I had no reason to doubt their professional ability to match up tires. Lol. Plus like I said before I didn't notice any irregularity when driving.