LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mud terrain or All Terrain?

View Poll Results: BFG All terrain or mud terrain?
Mud Terrain 72 27.27%
All Terrain 192 72.73%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
manager_bmr is on a distinguished road
Name: Francisco
manager_bmr's Tacoma Gallery
Mud terrain or All Terrain?

I want to lift my Prerunner truck 2.5 inches and i also will get new tires (still have stock dunlops) and im thinking about getting the BF goodrich but im not sure about getting the AT or the Mud-T, what do you guys think? I live in Baja, Mexico near the beach so its a sandy place. I would like a clean look, like if the lifting was done at the dealership lol, i have 16´ steel wheels. What should I get?
Old 07-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
All!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
A/T if you drive on the road a lot...
Old 07-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
High Speed, Low Drag
solidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to beholdsolidcopy is a splendid one to behold
solidcopy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
A/T would be better in sand.
Pretty much this. A/Ts have better flotation in sand than M/Ts.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
A/T are also rated for severe snow if that's important to you.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
A/T are more practical if you don't drive around in mud.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Mark350 is on a distinguished road
Mark350's Tacoma Gallery
Why bother with m/t unless you are gonna get in the mud. It may look a little cooler but I think the cons of using them for the street outweigh the pros
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAYo2002 View Post
A/T are also rated for severe snow if that's important to you.
id suggest rereading where he lives and if u think his truck will ever see the snow...

Quote:
I live in Baja, Mexico near the beach so its a sandy place.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
BFG at's are awesome tires
Old 07-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
just remember fellas, with mud terrains always drop the psi real low if u expect terrain not designed for m/t, i have never had problem with my mickey thompson baja claws in any condition, just my 2 cents from experience
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta say the KM2s have pretty good street manners and in the sand they do pretty well.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Neither! I know there are a shitload of BFG fans here but I am not one of them. Do more research on tires before you limit yourself to just the BFGs.
Get some General Grabber AT/2s. Almost the same tire but IMHO better quality!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #16
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
An all-terain tire, but I personally would not buy BFGs.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #17
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I was on the fence with BFGs and did a lot of research. There seems to be quite a few that are out of round and have balance issues. Therefore I found a tire with a very good reputation of current and past owners that is almost the same tread pattern. The stock BFGs wore quickly on my truck. Those are my reasons.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #18
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
the stock bfg's are rugged trails NOT A/T's right?

AND...the first thing that came up when searching GG was this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1
Old 07-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #19
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
I have run both on my old 1996 Mazda B4000 4x4 and definitely go with the ATs.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I don't usually research purchases by googling pics. Just giving the OP another option and opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
the stock bfg's are rugged trails NOT A/T's right?

AND...the first thing that came up when searching GG was this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

Products Discussed in this Thread