Goodyear Duratracs w/Helo Black Maxx 18 62.07%
Pro Comp MT w/Helo Black Maxx 0 0%
Dick Cepek Crushers w/black steel wheel 0 0%
Mickey Thompson MTZ w/steel wheel 8 27.59%
Other (reply with your suggestion) 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
next set of tires and wheels

i'm trying to decide whether i should get Goodyear Duratracs with Helo Black Maxx wheels...Pro Comp Mud Terrain with the Helo Black Maxx wheels...or getting some nicer tires like Dick Cepek Crushers or Mickey Thompson MTZ tires with a cheaper steel wheel because i'm on a budget. i have a white 06 tacoma and am kind of trying to go for an all "black and white" tougher off-road look. i can't make my mind of if the Helo Black Maxx wheels look too "street" and not aggressive enough, that's why i'm thinking about a flat black type steel wheel.

give me your input, any other suggestions of what you think would look good will be great. and also, 285/75/16's or 285/70/17's???
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I like the flat black American Racing Mojaves for wheels and the BFG KM2 for tires. That will probably be my next setup with my BFG ATs finally die. I think it would look sick on your truck. Go with a 285/75/16. Less wheel, more rubber... Looks more aggressive.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I like the flat black American Racing Mojaves for wheels and the BFG KM2 for tires. That will probably be my next setup with my BFG ATs finally die. I think it would look sick on your truck. Go with a 285/75/16. Less wheel, more rubber... Looks more aggressive.
good choice, i think it would be smarter to go with a cheaper black wheel like that to have more money to spend on a nicer tire. because a $250 wheel works just as good as a $75 wheel. and yeah, i'm leaning more towards the 285/75/16's myself. i like to see lots of tire, looks more aggressive
Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
come on people, i need your opinions!!!
Ima need pics of them all.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Ima need pics of them all.
ok, i couldn't find pictures of the wheels on each tire, but here's the helo wheels, each tire, and i added in another one i'm interested kuhmo mt road venture...and the steel wheels, you know, just a basic black steel wheel, some of the pro comp wheels probably
Attached Thumbnails
next set of tires and wheels-he7913_t.jpg   next set of tires and wheels-crusher_radial.jpg   next set of tires and wheels-mickey-thompson-mtz.jpg   next set of tires and wheels-nat020209wranglerduratrac.jpg   next set of tires and wheels-pro_comp_xterrain_tire_345_85_r16_40_13_5_r16.jpg  

next set of tires and wheels-kl71.jpg  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #7

sorry for the small pics, i'm still learning. but the more i think about it. they're all pretty much the same tire. just a MT tire with some tread on the sidewall to look a little more aggressive.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I would have to say KM2s and the helos

Old 07-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
Killbuzzjrad will become famous soon enoughKillbuzzjrad will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Jared
Killbuzzjrad's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs on whatever you like......as long as they aren't chrome! Sears has them for a good price. I paid $850.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbuzzjrad View Post
Duratracs on whatever you like......as long as they aren't chrome! Sears has them for a good price. I paid $850.
yeah, that's what i'm leaning towards man. i like my duratracs. they have a great off road/MT look to them, without the ridiculous price of most other tires like that. and same with the wheels. i'm not that into the "chrome" look. it's a truck, not a car. i like the helo wheels, but even just that little bit of chrome almost gives it more of a "street" look. you know what i mean? it does to me anyway. i'm thinking about going with a flat black steel wheel at 16".
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbuzzjrad View Post
You got a problem with chrome?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #13

Quote:
You got a problem with chrome?
haha, no offense to any chrome lovers out there. it's just that me and my truck don't like it personally
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #14

Haha no worries, my dad bought them when he was driving it. Like I said before, I'm going for the AR Mojaves when I get my KM2s.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Haha no worries, my dad bought them when he was driving it. Like I said before, I'm going for the AR Mojaves when I get my KM2s.
you got an excellent setup as it is man, it just doesn't suit me. but i am digging the AR mojaves and KM2's, they will look good on your truck...and possibly mine, haha
Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #16
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i say gold hundred spokes and whitewall tires
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
mickey mtz's w/black steelies get my vote